Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:45 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Items to Stock Up ON with New Baby on the way 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Stress can cause breast milk to be produced less and its a vicious cycle. Our baby had to switch to partial formula once the gf went back to work at 6 months. Stress of work, stress of not producing enough for chilld = diminishing returns. Look at formula expiration date, you can go beyond a couple of months, but its more important to use up an open box within a month. It will absorb water and go bad when opened. I would even have some premade formula and cycle through it. Breastmilk and formula have an expiration once out/mixed. You may not have access to refrigeration/freezing.

We went through 3 breast pumps. One provided by her insurance, a Hakka and later a Willow.

She likes the hakka, cheap and no batteries, perfect for a breast pump on the go. The willow she can wear while being active, though its expensive and batteries required. The willow is better, but baby on nipple is best.

Tricare will probably give you a choice of breastpumps, the "portable" ones aren't really besides the willow. Can you claim her as a dependent now?
I would also try to give your baby formula once before to see if it requires special formula (elemental formula- expensive, tastes awful, protein it cut up for allergy purposes) I would hate for you to only have formula that caused your baby bad stools. Best of Luck, babies are awesome and PITA at the same time :-)

Lastly, what baseline is your Always Broke? You can PM me about that if you would not rather say...

Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2