Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:41 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 The Hub - A BUGOUT Plan 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have been against BUGOUT plans in general.

But I will throw this plan out there to see if the seeds land anywhere.

I see in most disaster plans the infrastructure collapsing to the point roads would become almost impassable early on. Also stashing a good chunk of your prep that most likely you wouldn’t reach is a Huge risk (financially and materially).

And most importantly most wouldn’t be able to fund a piece of property anyways.

But, I am in favor of having a Hub.
An idea that has been bouncing around.

Small investment with lots of potential.

How it starts...
A person that owns property now. Remote enough but with the right mindset to be the central Hub piece in a survival plan. Willing enough to store and use their land as a safety net for those willing to put in the work and somewhat financially contribute to form a group of known members.

The basic idea is once that central person steps up. Folks would join and become the spokes of that center Hub. Maybe buying used semi containers for storage/shelter. And most importantly contributing to the whole by getting larger type buys for equipment (large generators, machines and tools, communication gear and even construction materials).

From that point it’s just a matter of time how large of a group is needed and how to plan out a defense.

One of the keys for defending all this is security.
And a one person security plan isn’t a plan. It’s flawed from the beginning. A long term 24/7 plan covers day and night (especially night) for prolonged periods. Sleep cycles with rotating shifts of people to include teens/kids even but those are details for later.

Starting a group would mean financial commitments from the spokes and the central person. The spoke would need to chip in for building and cost for containers. And with any endeavor the central person would need to sign part of their land away “rent” and commit to honoring an agreement to oversee and maintain the group equipment (even extending the terms into their will).

Initial investments of $3,000-$5,000 or high end of $10,000-$15,000
-Covers cost to lay out the containers - foundations etc
-Cost of containers to be moved and placed onto the property.
-Generic safe to be placed inside of each container and wired for temporary lights using batteries.
-Part of cost would be to buy group generator(s) and/or other items for group needs.

The scenario I see this working best would be during a solar storm / EMP type event. Where everyone is okay but all technology has been lost. Mass delivery systems would cease. No communications except basic radio etc.
No internet. Huge population impact.

This is just an idea. Its a dream.
It’s free but...

It Only works if you have that central Hub person.
Most likely retired with a good chunk of land willing to see and help and become the anchor.

I know this isn’t a new idea... some are doing it with just family. But these days families can be the worse enemies. Not like minded and only needing and never giving. In times of stress they only prove to weigh you down and don’t contribute. It’s time we find like minded folks during peace rather than the chaos in the mist of a disaster.

Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:00 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It takes a village/wheel in this case. A sound plan, based on all points but noteworthy that the hub must first and foremost be a defendable position. Every prep in the world is useless if a small team can take it over without casualties. I was just watching a video from warrior poet society the other day that discussed this and they made some great points that all came from military special ops training. A indefensible position would be worse to have then no position at all

Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:43 pm

I could do this but have been betrayed so many times that it is a hard sell. No offense to the truly honorable but you are a rare breed and how to know

One man witth a solid plan and the right skills can survive, and at least he won't be betrayed

Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:45 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

All good points and totally valid.

So many factors.

The key pivotal point is that Hub person. Without trust and honesty. It all falls apart.

So many thing in my life tells me there is Evil in this world but there are glimmers of good honest people. Timing and situation sometimes works.

Look at this site as a shining example.
Three core Admins with a hand selected mod group and members.

(Happy Early Birthday WaGuns).
10 years coming this weekend!

As the Hub - you choose the group members.
In a true disaster - that one family arm can multiple in a matter of seconds and show up.

So since this plan relies so heavily on the Hub -

This is for you if you think you want to go forward.

Really look at your property. You may have to create berms or cover for the area you are considering setting up the containers and a defensible position. High ground or maybe stacking several smaller containers as an observation point.

Then you would have to get to know the building codes and restrictions for your property.

Look at rental agreements for like storage places. Yes, you really need to have a contract that is mutually protective of all involved. This shouldn’t be considered just one generation. It should look long term and in cases of death, etc.

You have to take the first steps.
Lay out a general plan. 6 months, 1 year etc. what is needed and what is expected. Lay it all out so there is as little misunderstanding as possible from all sides.

Meet up
I would hold a get to know meeting. Not at your property. Meet for coffee at something central. Meet the folks and run a background on everyone. Credit report etc. same goes for you. It goes both ways.

Earnest money is needed to get this done. And the group can get one or two to do the background checks. Lots of websites to do it.

We have a lot of resources on this site. People with expertise and know how.

This is my idea and I would love to get a group started. At least help.

Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:06 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A real estate consortium. Folks who buy in would have a legally defensible, and re-sellable stake in such a partnership. Nobody can get voted off the island without regular, formal, legal process and remuneration...
Either that or some kind of enforceable rental/lease agreement with the primary landowner would have to be in place. This sounds less problematic and flexible.

In a real estate partnership, unless near immediate, recorded, sub-division of the plot into separately owned parcels is proscribed, the HOA's or management/administration would be a big hang-up. Voting on all of that would be a Herculean effort of patience and will.

Me? I'm bugging out to Chuck's house after stopping by Sportsdad's for some vittles.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:43 pm

I have known two men for 20 years who eventually betrayed me. I'm the same guy I was when they met me, just more experience. There were warning signs but being charitable I blew those off. Beware

Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:52 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Years ago my wife and I watched the first few seasons of The Walking Dead. We quickly identified what is probably the main premise of the show/comic series: in a true end-of-the-world scenario, your biggest threat isn't weather, natural disasters, lack of resources, or even zombies. Your biggest threat is other people who are just as desperate to survive as you are.

I hope such a doomsday scenario as that never happens, and if it does I hope that people band together and work together no matter how bad things get.

But I can't help but wonder if The Walking Dead painted a better picture of human nature than we might want to admit.

Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:34 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hmm, sounds like my end of the gravel road.

I can't imagine being stuck in the rat race.

Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:37 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That is the next hurdle, finding those like minded enough to REMAIN trustworthy. In today's world everyone is out for personal gain, everyone else be damned. If you were hanging from a cliff by one hand and getting shot at most would run for cover instead of help there fellow man. I could easily see things getting setup and in place and one person opens there mouth about there little group and in times of happy rest and peace the property gets raided, either by untrustworthy preppers willing to steal for gain, or perhaps a enforcement of some kind trying to pin war crimes against you for being prepared for a insurrection of some form. Proud of where I'm from and ashamed of what it has become is what I can say about that. Military brothers would love this idea for sure it's basically setting up a home base of operations/compound. I train with a small group that are like minded, but this is beyond the scope of financial feasibility for any of us. We would end up a roving band of defenders if it came to it I think, each at our own home more then likely with only radio com between us. It's difficult at best to try to plan for every given scenario

Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:32 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1250-N-Fork-Rd-Chehalis-WA-98532/89018661_zpid/

who's in? :anyone:

FAMILY/GROUP COMPOUND---MULTIPLE RV READY/GENERATOR WIRED- Private fenced and surveyed on Five developed Acres w/pasture /3 bdrm./2 bath with mother-in-law apartment ---Text 360-669-6402 CASH OUT QUALIFIED ONLY...NO LEASE, NO RENT, OPTIONS & NO CONTRACTS-- Approximately 2500 trees planted---irrigated with large pond. Has a partially fenced pasture for critters. Has a large fenced garden. 300 gal. holding tanks for RV sewage available. (NO SEPTIC & ZONED RESIDENTIAL) fully accessible w/aprox. 1400 feet of private drive. 2008 Modern upgraded 3bdrm. home w/wood stove, granite, laminate. newer carpet, and stainless appliances. 2 Detached garage's, 2 carports, 2 sheds, Multiple bldg. sites & car parking. 2 car garage/shop w/wood stove. Also a single one car garage. Sites prepared for additional buildings. Has a survey and is located in a desirable area with preferred schools. 10 minutes to I-5-------$475K cash out. NO LEASE, RENT OR CONTRACTS !!!!!!!!!!!-----low utility bills with modern newly pumped septic and drilled well.

Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:57 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Not enough buffer between properties.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

movingviolation wrote:
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1250-N-Fork-Rd-Chehalis-WA-98532/89018661_zpid/

who's in? :anyone:

FAMILY/GROUP COMPOUND---MULTIPLE RV READY/GENERATOR WIRED- Private fenced and surveyed on Five developed Acres w/pasture /3 bdrm./2 bath with mother-in-law apartment ---Text 360-669-6402 CASH OUT QUALIFIED ONLY...NO LEASE, NO RENT, OPTIONS & NO CONTRACTS-- Approximately 2500 trees planted---irrigated with large pond. Has a partially fenced pasture for critters. Has a large fenced garden. 300 gal. holding tanks for RV sewage available. (NO SEPTIC & ZONED RESIDENTIAL) fully accessible w/aprox. 1400 feet of private drive. 2008 Modern upgraded 3bdrm. home w/wood stove, granite, laminate. newer carpet, and stainless appliances. 2 Detached garage's, 2 carports, 2 sheds, Multiple bldg. sites & car parking. 2 car garage/shop w/wood stove. Also a single one car garage. Sites prepared for additional buildings. Has a survey and is located in a desirable area with preferred schools. 10 minutes to I-5-------$475K cash out. NO LEASE, RENT OR CONTRACTS !!!!!!!!!!!-----low utility bills with modern newly pumped septic and drilled well.

WOW, this housing/land market is insane... $475k for a mobile on 5 acres near Chehalis???? No Thanks icon_eek icon_eek icon_eek
And as mentioned, no buffer from neighbors and it's in Nazi Wa. What I mean by that is Inslee is a wannabe Hitler & wants to rule Washington like Germany in WWII.

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:57 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

DrNoWay wrote:
I could do this but have been betrayed so many times that it is a hard sell. No offense to the truly honorable but you are a rare breed and how to know

One man witth a solid plan and the right skills can survive, and at least he won't be betrayed

+1
Trust no one.
It a shitty way to live life, but it is the reality.

Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:53 am

Mange wrote:
DrNoWay wrote:

+1
Trust no one.
It a shitty way to live life, but it is the reality.

X Files fan? My girl and I are. The Truth is out there :bigsmile:

Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Don’t get me wrong...

People suck. I had family screw me over and started throwing “landlord” language living with our mom, which I owned. Burned for 6 months and had to sell before I lost it all.

We all are protective of our own and rightly so.

But there is a time coming that some may have to band together now. As the old saying goes, “United We Stand, or Divided We Shall Fall.”

Defending any property with just 1-3 isn’t going to cut it against even 1 smart assailant. And in any bad scenario... BG will be in small groups of 3-8.

It’s all about finding the right people and circumstance. It’s just a thought. Maybe it will take root, most likely not... but it’s a free idea.

Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next