Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 "Why Isn't The U.S. Preparing for EMP's?" 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

shaggy wrote:
I'm more concerned about a Carrington event than an EMP

It’s the same thing. Just different cause.

Sun flare or ejection or EMP
Effects are electromagnetic and will burn out most modern technology and/or circuitry (electronics).

I now keep all my secondary commo equipment and radios in my safe.

Mon Jul 05, 2021 2:46 pm

Not sure if another Carrington event happens if this item would do any good or not:

https://www.empshield.com

They make these for cars, home electric, solar panels, generators, radios, RV, etc. One thing to note if you have key fob for your car, you need to put it a faraday cage or bag otherwise it is useless if and CME or EMP happens.

I am thinking about buy one for my car at least. I have no association with EMP Shield either but and looking at items for an EMP.

Last edited by Tony617 on Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:57 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I wonder if my extended warranty covers EMPs on my 2018 pickup…

Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:40 pm

zombie66 wrote:
I wonder if my extended warranty covers EMPs on my 2018 pickup…
LOL

Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:00 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I work in the electrical business, I can tell you an EMP wont do shit to a transformer...it is the electronic over-current and control circuits that will be affected.

So getting the electrical grid back up and running after an EMP will not be as difficult as some predict

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

See my blog: http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/

Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:31 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

:zombie:

Let's resurrect this thread since Xiden is stirring things up.

First: the previous post is somewhat reassuring.

But given there will undoubtedly be a period where things go dark and comms silent...

https://www.survivaldispatchstore.com/s ... combo-kit/

Faraday bags for smaller electronics.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

What are Faraday bags going to do for "smaller electronics" when everything is down?

....and how do you know the US isn't preparing for EMP's? :popcorn:

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:16 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Looking at my old Model T one-ton truck as my EMP ride. Slow and steady.

Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:05 am

you know, for several, and i mean several years, a couple complete paired sets of my battery operated emergency radio gear are living quite comfortably after they found their way into an commercial grade abandoned microwave, whose electric prongs were castrated off, sitting in my office, just in case, they are needed for personal communication activities after an overhead high altitude detonation of 'unknown' determination disrupts the area!

Further, to assure the microwave didn't walk away, i attached a six gauge wire securely to the microwave and to a metal rebar sank six feet outside in the ground.

i am comfortable there are others whom have taken similar steps in the surrounding area so life can regain a sense of meaning... :wink05:

cheers

ps haven't felt the need to invest in one of these...https://hollandshielding.com/EMI-RFI-sh ... Hwod79YCfQ

Critical thinking involves analysis, evaluation, inference [gathering credible/relevant/logical evidence], and of course reaching a viable and reasonable conclusion while improving one's own thinking regarding the information you have heard, read, as well as you might have witnessed.

Further, please remember Churchill's commentary: "Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning."

as a nation we will overcome the travesty[ies] currently going on within our nation...

Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:53 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I always assumed ‘They’ were, but worried about ‘Us’, not so much.

Sat Jun 11, 2022 1:38 am
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2