Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:25 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 bug out bag 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Putting together a smaller bag . I have a large " Family " bag . Looking for Ideas that I might not be thinking of . Do any of you keep extra mags or ammo in your bag ?

Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:48 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have a box of ammo in my small bag. Hand-warmers, allergy meds, heat tab type canteen cup heater stove, signal flares, playing/survival cards, survival manual, 550 cord, knife, fishing gear, lighter, bleach, and some misc.

Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:59 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Marine3%er wrote:
Putting together a smaller bag . I have a large " Family " bag . Looking for Ideas that I might not be thinking of . Do any of you keep extra mags or ammo in your bag ?

Always keep an extra mag or 2 in my bag.. and swap them out depending on that day's carry.

Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Marine3%er wrote:

I personally don't see the point in hauling loose rounds in a bag. Keep em' in a mag. 2-3x for the pistol. If you have a rifle with you that's a whole other beast to consider.

Given our wonderful climate here I also keep a heavy duty poncho in my GHB and BOB and a few of the 60 gallon (might be less? not sure?) heavy duty black trash bags. Keeping dry is always a fun challenge here. The black trashbags can be used to cover your backpack, while on your back.

Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:33 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My 72 hour bag has my Ruger MkIII, 100 CCI mini mags, 18 rounds of .41 mag, giant ass trash bags as mentioned above, comfort food, a USGI canteen cup for heating water in, and the usual odd sundries for fire starting, first aid, cutting things, etc... My blackhawk and MkIII are my two go to guns for bugging out. Concealable, and capable of doing most anything.

"...steam, artillery and revolvers give to civilized man an irresistible power." -Perry Collins

Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:38 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I need to revisit my BOB/GHB. Washington winter presents different challenges than a California summer, for sure.

And due to work, it needs to look very much like a regular backpack and be easy to sterilize, given how often I go into the secure areas of several military bases.

Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:42 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

some easy ones:

Sunglasses (polarized, tinted safety glasses are even better)
lightweight jacket
garbage bags (for rain protection)
leather gloves (in the event of a natural disaster, sharp stuff will be everywhere)

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

See my blog: http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/

Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:19 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My driving commute to/from work is 13 minutes, so my get home bag is pretty simple.

4 extra mags
extra knife
tape/bandaids
bottle of water
matches
cash
flashlight
Smores granola bars (damn those are good)

Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:08 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The challenge for me is that although the shop is an easy 8 mile walk from home, I'm on the road pretty much every day. My service area is basically all of Washington and northern Oregon. icon_eek

Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:18 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

An Israeli battle bandage or two should probably go in there as well

Albert Einstein

Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:39 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

BTW, this should get moved to the prepper thread.

Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I keep half a load out of pistol and rifle mags in my "long range" pack. I refer to it as that cause I hate the terms but out, inch ect ect bag. It's a bag I'm gunma be using to get a long way from whatever I'm trying to get to/away from

Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:48 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I would toss some dust masks (preferably valved 3M N95 masks) in there, too, just because here in the Earthquake Hot Zone, the most likely SHTF scenario to hit anytime soon is...yup, an earthquake. And earthquakes produce literal tons of debris and dust.

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun."
~Tenzin Gyatso, aka His Holiness the Dalai Lama

"We who are strong have an obligation to bear with the failings of the weak, and not to please ourselves."
~ Romans 15:1

"Ils Ont Les Armes, On Les Emmerde, On A Le Champagne!"~Charlie Hebdo, November 2015

Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:49 am
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

glockgirl wrote:
I would toss some dust masks (preferably valved 3M N95 masks) in there, too, just because here in the Earthquake Hot Zone, the most likely SHTF scenario to hit anytime soon is...yup, an earthquake. And earthquakes produce literal tons of debris and dust.

This is a valid point. Maybe even a pair of safety glasses, a head lamp and maybe even a hard hat. A eye or head wound would quickly put you in harms way.

sent from my apple pet

CHECK OUT OUR NEW ESTORE
WE can take credit cards plus 3%
I AM AN FFL/NFA DEALER. EVERYTHING I SELL HAS PAPERWORK REQUIRED AND I AM FORCED TO CHARGE SALES TAX

Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:39 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have a hammock and a space blanket tarp plus some space blankets. They hardly weigh anything and will keep me warm and off the ground.

Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:39 am
Reply to topic   [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next