Switch to full style
SHTF, TEOTWAWKI, Survival or just preventive planning.
Post a reply

Re: New to ham radios

Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:51 pm

golddigger14s wrote:
Kick start my heart wrote:Ordered a couple Baofeng UV5R 5w radios. Don’t know anything about radios. They are cheap enough that I’m willing to give them a try. I’m sure it’s all simple, but I’m starting with zero knowledge. Any “for dummies” resources you guys can point me at to begin my education would be appreciated.

So starting September 30th they can’t sell these anymore?

???????

True news, Chuck. Because these radios use frequencies that the military, etc. use, and because all their crap taxpayer paid for equipment transmits at around half a watt, they don't want civilians using multi band frequency radios that can rap out 5-8 watts, much less listen in on what is going on in the secret squirrel world

If you don't own any before Sept 30th, you won't be able to buy any of these radios afterwards.

Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:05 pm

Vehicle-mount, backpack, airborne, and handheld form factors are available. SINCGARS uses 25 kHz channels in the very high frequency (VHF) FM band, from 30.000 to 87.975 megahertz (MHz). It has single-frequency and frequency hopping modes.
Not really an issue.

Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:06 am

RENCORP wrote:
golddigger14s wrote:
Kick start my heart wrote:Ordered a couple Baofeng UV5R 5w radios. Don’t know anything about radios. They are cheap enough that I’m willing to give them a try. I’m sure it’s all simple, but I’m starting with zero knowledge. Any “for dummies” resources you guys can point me at to begin my education would be appreciated.

So starting September 30th they can’t sell these anymore?

???????

True news, Chuck. Because these radios use frequencies that the military, etc. use, and because all their crap taxpayer paid for equipment transmits at around half a watt, they don't want civilians using multi band frequency radios that can rap out 5-8 watts, much less listen in on what is going on in the secret squirrel world

If you don't own any before Sept 30th, you won't be able to buy any of these radios afterwards.

Interesting...I noticed Amazon had pulled them on 9/30. Looks like they're back now (though only on backorder - it says not back in stock until 10/14).

Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:32 pm

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00 ... UTF8&psc=1
It does not use military freqs.

Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:31 pm

golddigger14s wrote:https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MAULSOK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
It does not use military freqs.

MARS? or bootleg UHF satcom?

Last bumped by TechnoWeenie on Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:31 pm.
Post a reply