Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:11 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 What is your level of preparation? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

http://www.propane-generators.com/

It allows your generator to run off gas, natural gas, or propane.

Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:18 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

rayjax82 wrote:

Thanks for the link I Know what I will be doing in September lol conversion kit here I come.

rule 2 just pisses them off wife blah blah blah husband yes dear what ever you say dear!

Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:04 pm
Profile YIM
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just in joy wrote:
rayjax82 wrote:

Thanks for the link I Know what I will be doing in September lol conversion kit here I come.

Glad I could help. Remember though, your generator isn't just about keeping your house warm when its cold and the grid goes down. Its about keeping your food refridgerated if the grid goes down when its hot.

Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Oh yeah I know but I Have a Deep freezer that holds it's temp for over a week without issue Ice chest for the Perishables in the fridge.

rule 2 just pisses them off wife blah blah blah husband yes dear what ever you say dear!

Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:44 pm
Profile YIM
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Food, water, medical supplies, personal items, batteries, lighting, emergency food prep, chainsaw, parts, oil and chains, generator, pet care, basic commo. Good for 5 months except fuel. 2 weeks of liquid fuel for the genset, and as It's dual fuel, another months worth of propane running 10 hours per day. What I need to do is expand my storage capacity so that if I see something major coming that will last in excess of six weeks or so, I can tank up on hydrocarbon fuels. I also keep a stock of basic building materials and plywood, big tarps, and sandbags. I can, if necessary, arm the whole cul de sac if need be. But they will never know if they don't ask me for help. And only then will they know only what I need them to know about me.

Needed yet- a battery bank, a more comprehensive medical kit including antibiotics. A segregated P.O.L. storage shed. And a laptop with all my stored prepping info and media on it.

Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:06 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Working on the Get Home Bags. Almost have those done. Will move on the Bug Out Bags after. It's really hard to do too much in a house that we rent. Been doing lots of canning and dehydrating. Going to figure out how to make those things somewhat mobile.
I have no worries in the guns and ammo department. Been reloading for some time now and have a nice little stockpile.
Prepping for my wife and I is a slow process. It's damned expensive.

Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:05 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

quote="TraumaHawk2011"] Being an ex-special ops (Portuguese Fuzileiros) ...[/quote]
i'm a yakimaniac born and bred, and that area is on my BOL list, if I can make it over the mountains. Some good prospects in the orchards and naches valley. palm springs of washington, the town boffins claim :-)
Are you hooked up with the "dentists" over there?
PM me and lets trade some info and resources and maybe meetup on my next visit to that area.

Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4