Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:38 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Sillcock key bob, for whatever kind of E-bag. 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guns4Liberty wrote:
SporkBoy wrote:
Yeah, single use tools are not ideal.

The flip side of that coin is that multi-tools often suck at all but a couple things. I see compromise in either choice.

I sort of lean this way, for a different reason...

Many people put together emergency supplies assuming they will be the one to use them.

But, if you had to send a wife, a child, or an elderly friend or neighbor, because you were injured or immobile for some reason, it would be easier to say go here, see what this fits on, and turn it clockwise, or whatever.

Or, if you had to do a whole street for some reason, you could show a person how to once, and then send them on to continue, while you did something else.

I view medical supplies in a similar way...

Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:14 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The one problem with trying to use vise-grips for gaining access to the faucets on warehouses is that most of them are in recessed ports in the side of the building and very tamper proof, if you happen too find one on an un-fenced side of the building then you might get it unlocked, because they have little stout doors that are also very tamper proof, you'd be better off carrying a good water filter, some coffee filters, a stainless container and fire starting stuff.

The coffee filters are reusable if you're using them to filter big stuff from your source before using your drinking filter.
Just cover your gathering container mouth and fill, then rinse and hang dry.
They work way better than cloth, take a shorter time to dry, and weigh almost nothing.

Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:29 am
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2