Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:21 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Prepping - security for “non” firearm family 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

you do realize that your title is" Prepping - security for “non” firearm family" ???

Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:44 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well thankfully I am my own man.

I rarely go with the grain and I stand on my own two.

I echo my thought in this way. I support gun ownership and the freedom to choice ones own destiny and path. So as the saying goes - it does no harm to me or others - one is free to do many things of their accord.

Freedom to choose and learn from their decisions is what is called being an American. It may be not my choice or what I recommend. But I support people that are law abiding.

So my efforts is the same. Does it hurt you?
So as the American saying goes in a round about way - go jump off a bridge if this hurts your feelings or doesn’t follow your way of thinking.

For me I would want as many law abiding citizens - armed or close to armed to be able to defend themselves, their family and and friends and loved ones.

I truly hope you read you’re post and see the irony...
in some of the post.

Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:58 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

oldkim wrote:
You do realize you just put into writing a crime in this state.

Just saying. Please note I did not copy your post.

Plus you got to know all my firearms were lost in a tragic boating accident... just saying.

At the point it would be necessary to arm your family and neighbors, I should think the rule of law to be moot. WOROL. (without rule of law) WSHTF (when Starbux has fallen) TEOTWAWKI (The end ofthe world as we know it)... If you have to arm those around you, Law Enforcement has long fallen to the wayside.

And, I, operating on a base 3 numeral system, have never heard of the numbers 5, 9 and 4.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:59 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

dan10mmman wrote:
you do realize that your title is" Prepping - security for “non” firearm family" ???

Yes the history behind this is for some having a firearm now is out of the equation. Family etc but they are prepping and realize they need to address security issues.

While still not having a firearm - even if they purchased said “kit”. This route would give a non firearm owning family the ability to make a firearm if the need arose.

This doesn’t mean that the people are not familiar with firearms. It may or not.

It does give them some chance to address the security issues faced during a long term disaster situation.

Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:02 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:

I just have to say I used to do city, State and Federal level disaster planning.

Yes, I know what happens.

Kind of why I support law abiding citizens the ability to defend themselves as best as they have decided.

Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:07 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

When reading your last comment I got this image of a nerdy guy with shaking hands trying to mill out an 80% receiver while his wife is being raped on the front lawn and his pantry emptied....

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:10 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:
When reading your last comment I got this image of a nerdy guy with shaking hands trying to mill out an 80% receiver while his wife is being raped on the front lawn and his pantry emptied....

Well, interesting thought and insight... ?

So you may know if you are deployed. It typically takes more than a week to process the deployment. Granted depending on your unit level - it may feel like 3 days. The process of deploying troops take a bit longer.

In a disaster and of course taking account the type and extent of a disaster... things happen. You may simply lose power, you may lose your house (fire, earthquake etc). But you have a response time. Some will take longer to process the extent of the disaster and some will act fast realizing the effects of said disaster.

Meaning they got the message that security is now in their own hands as no phone, no power no backup is coming. Maybe they are in an area where they have power stil... maybe not. But the important thing is they can now start their emergency plan. In reality this may take hours to days for some to get a clue.

In all that... maybe they can start working on making their backup security plan. No store is going to be open. Those places will be hit by let’s just say a group of fine young men. Not a place you want your family to wait for you while you shop.

What is the alternative?
Wish, should of gotten a gun. No shit. I think we can all agree. Shit should of gotten some more training too!!!

I ramble because I am sad. You! Have made me sad.

To see arguments and limitations from fellow gun owners about having law abiding citizens from choosing. Sad

Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Americans have freedom of choice in their disaster plans. It is important to plan wisely. Think stakes, more than odds.
Odds are you won't need a firearm, but if you do need one, there won't be time to assemble it.

Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:28 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Same argument goes. You can’t “buy” one either during a large scale disaster.

So you don’t give folks the option to choose?
Everyone has their situation in life.

Me, I wish I was independently wealthy and blah blah blah. But the reality is I work and live and sadly I have planned for some ugly plans and seen quite a bit of how ugly people can become or simple are...

It’s crazy I am having this discussion on this site.

If you are dead... you can’t assemble it.
If you don’t have one... you can’t assemble it.
If you fuck it up... you can’t simply buy another one.

No Shit.

How about... Major disaster happens... they make one. Done

Are you kidding me!? Have you seen what people in jail make everyday out of everyday items for weapons?

Give a person enough motivation and time...

(And maybe some good directions and a few simple tools)

Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:44 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

how long have you been working on your 80%? how many others on this forum have had serious problems making them work? And we do guns.

There are so many quality guns out there that are well under your $520 target. Well made guns that you do not have to mill or drill...
Better to buy one and put it in a plastic bag and pour cement over it. safe till the shit hits the fan.....

Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:56 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

No kidding... tell me more.
So you are telling me to tell others to go buy a gun?
Intriguing thought... really it makes sense.

No shit.

You married?

Are there things you simple can’t do?
I certainly do.

There are people in the same boat. No “guns”

The P80 is not a gun or firearm as it is purchased. Simple. It’s a paperweight.

Yes I made mine in 20 minutes and am spending this last week touching up. I do know the reality of all this.

But there are people who are a lot smarter and not so smart and skilled that make them everyday. The complexity is increased when you are matching custom items... let’s just leave it at that. Lol

So you are arguing - because it’s difficult to make that we should not support people from getting them?

If I knew the lotto numbers, life would be good for me. Yes I think they start with 1 and go to something more than 10. Am I close?

Okay keep them coming... please tell me that encouraging law abiding citizens to not buy and Plan for their own choice of security.

They should invest in rocks? Maybe we should all give up guns because from one or another
- you don’t have enough skill and training
- you can’t shoot well enough
- you don’t know all the parts to a gun
- you don’t have enough time

Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:02 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Talk down to me if you choose, But I fail to see your logic.

Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:07 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

dan10mmman wrote:
till you realize that you are using untrained hands to machine and assemble a firearm. Think about it. someone who knows absolutely nothing about firearms, building a gun. That seems really like a disaster waiting to happen. Buying a complete Glock and disassembling it would be so much safer for everyone involved. With a significantly less chance of them hurting themselves or someone else unintentionally. And at a smaller price.

And a question: Do you believe that making ghost guns less expensive and easier to purchase is in the best interest of society in general?

I don’t have to say much.
You already stated your opinion. It’s not hard to take what you are saying and just say it’s from an anti gun person.

Look it up... you said it.

- Not enough training
- should not be allowed?

Yes, my 5 year old can make a P80 with proper directions, power tools and proper setup.

Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Getting a bit personal?

And still no logic in your argument.

Last edited by dan10mmman on Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:19 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Facts. Is simply put up what you said. It’s your words in full content. No cutting or pasting.

If you feel I am offending you...

I do apologize. This was suppose to be an informative thread for those seeking maybe know of someone that could benefit from a KIT.

Instead it brought out all the nay sayers on why and how it should not be allowed. How the fuck over?
I am at a loss.

Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next