Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:24 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 What are your prepping goals for the new year? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

We're actually cutting down a fruit tree this year. Tired of apples squished in the lawn (and even more tired of picking them up). They also attract rabbits, which we don't need. Watching the drunken birds stumbling through the flower bed is funny, though.

Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:05 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Arg! Sorry to hear that. I always take note of apple trees as I'm driving and watch the progress through the season. I'll snag any fruit I can reach that's not on "their" side of the fence.

Kills me to see food go to waste.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

More damn ammo...

More canned goods and canning supplies, bigger garden area.

I have a giant walnut tree in my front yard. Just have to fight off the Squirrels and Bluejays. But I've already tested and proven I can easily trap the limb rats. Small and tough, but tasty if seasoned well.

More live traps and leg traps. Living on Hood Canal provides a pretty damn good source of food in fish and shellfish.

Build a small windmill to power a reliable battery charger.

And improve my means to draw water out of my well by hand pump.

-- Travis A Kisner

Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I definitely need to increase my water storage and add more buckets of food that we currently use. I'm working on building a more complete medical kit as well as adding more ammo!
I also need to get my shed finished for the storage room and stack up the firewood from the trees we cut down this last summer.

Unfortunately, most of my extra funds right now are going to securing the few remaining items on my "want" list before the new law hits in June, but after that, my focus will be shifting.

Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:26 am
Reply to topic   [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3