Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:01 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 What are your prepping goals for the new year? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Health, Fitness, Stress reduction is at the top of the list. Nobody can predict anything about anything, but health is going to be there through thick and thin, and will benefit you no matter what happens.

More running, gym time, lifting, yoga is on the menu. Less time on forums, less time arguing about stupid stuff online. Less social media. (Ironic, right.) More hobbies. Guitar. Photography. Pets.

Also have other goals. Reading, learning, downsizing, winning cases, more financial progress, take some shooting courses, etc.

Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:10 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

mislabeled wrote:
I'll start. In 2019, I want to:

- Round out our reloading supplies. We're pretty well set but need to fill in a few gaps.
- Reduce our food waste. We really don't throw out a lot of food but I'd still like to do better.
- Learn some good knots. My husband knows a bunch but I only know a few and need to increase my knowledge.

What's everyone else planning to work on this year?

To stop throwing out food, get what you need, use what you need.
https://www.thrivelife.com

Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:15 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Getting my HAM licence.
Getting a house with enough space to shoot in my backyard here in OK (FXXX 1639, Inslee, and any other WA BS).

Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:25 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

golddigger14s wrote:
Getting my HAM licence.
Getting a house with enough space to shoot in my backyard here in OK (FXXX 1639, Inslee, and any other WA BS).

Learning some good recipes for BBQ cat might be another good option? Just in case, you know?

Never figured you for a crazy cat la-... er... guy

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:04 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:
golddigger14s wrote:
Getting my HAM licence.

Learning some good recipes for BBQ cat might be another good option? Just in case, you know?

Never figured you for a crazy cat la-... er... guy

Yes, I'm a crazy cat guy. But here in OK we are allowed full auto cats....neeener neeener.

Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:55 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Planting more fruit trees.

Garden getting an upgrade.

Planting feedplits in the back 40 to keep the wildlife close.

I saw a rabbit for the first time in the backyard. Will try to encourage more to cone/stay with food and shelter.

Still trying to coax collared doves to loiter. They are around but not enough.

Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:54 pm
FFL / Dealer

RENCORP wrote:
I managed the best goal a few months early, by getting the fuck out of King county
New Years goals are to plant some more fruit and nut trees, get the garden pumped up, cross fence the pasture, and set the barn up for animals- probably goats, ducks, and chickens - all fairly low maintenance. Goats for pasture control and stew meat, chickens and ducks for eggs and roasting.

I am curious what nut trees you have selected?

Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:51 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I need to get in shape again. If I have to get home, I'll throw on my pack and it'll take two weeks to walk home from work.

Have to pay more attention to the garden.
More ammo.
Think about water storage.

Member:
2nd Amendment Foundation
Gun Owners of America
Firearms Policy Coalition
Silent Majority Foundation
NRA

Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:48 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Upgrade, rotate, and add to my meds, water and canned food storage.

Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:39 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Last edited by CQBgopher on Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:04 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Get some of those 27lb buckets of Mac and Cheese from Costco.
Get in shape.
Load more 5.56 and 7.62
Buy an off grid Cabin on property.

Long term? Leave this Radicalized Liberal mecca.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:18 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:

:thumbsup2:

Member:
2nd Amendment Foundation
Gun Owners of America
Firearms Policy Coalition
Silent Majority Foundation
NRA

Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:45 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:
Get some of those 27lb buckets of Mac and Cheese from Costco.
Get in shape.
Load more 5.56 and 7.62

Long term? Leave this Radicalized Liberal mecca.

My wife (realtor) has a listing for an off grid log home at Lk Nawhatzel (sp?).

Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:55 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The509busman wrote:
RENCORP wrote:
I managed the best goal a few months early, by getting the fuck out of King county
New Years goals are to plant some more fruit and nut trees, get the garden pumped up, cross fence the pasture, and set the barn up for animals- probably goats, ducks, and chickens - all fairly low maintenance. Goats for pasture control and stew meat, chickens and ducks for eggs and roasting.

Up here some varieties of walnuts, hazelnut and pecans do well. One walnut tree can be a prodigious producer and walnut are very nutritious.

I dont even like walnuts (dont tell my mom she has 20 acres walnut orchard) but thinking if planting a few trees.

Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:58 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The509busman wrote:
RENCORP wrote:

Not much to choose from that is hardy for the northwest. Hazelnuts or filberts is about it for getting them up and rolling decent production before I am dead. Walnuts would be ideal, but no joy for decades from planting.

Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Give a man a fishing pole, and he will drink too much beer, get tangled in fish line, hook himself in the nose casting, fall overboard, and either drown, or, go home hungry and wet. Give a man a case of dynamite, and he will feed the whole town for a year!

BE ON NOTICE:
PRIVACY NOTICE: Warning - any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/or the comments made about my photos or any other "picture" art posted on my profile.

You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee, agent, student or any personnel under your direction or control.

The contents of this profile are PRIVATE and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law. UCC 1-103 1-308 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next