Switch to full style
SHTF, TEOTWAWKI, Survival or just preventive planning.
Post a reply

PSA emergency room care

Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:54 pm

My wife cut herself while cooking a few years ago and I was living in another state. The cut was bad enough she needed to visit the ER but nothing life threatening. The adrenaline sort of kicked in and I felt a bit confused on where to go because I didn’t know where the closest ER was.

Well we live in a new house and I didn’t learn from my mistake and she cut herself bad enough that it needs ER attention, so I had to google maps up the nearest ER in a bit of an adrenaline rush.

My advice is to find the two nearest 24 hour emergency rooms and print up their info and directions and put it up on a fridge or next to your first aid kit.

By the way, the Comcast internet is out in my entire area and I got lucky mobile data works otherwise I would have been screwed with no way to know how to reach the ER

Re: PSA emergency room care

Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:57 pm

super glue....

they got these new butterfly band aids that do the same as super glue now....no freaking out, no stiche's no EFFING DOC's......and last no bills.

Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:16 pm

It's always good to know where the nearest ER and Immediate/Urgent Care facility (if it's not an emergency, go to Immediate/Urgent Care.

Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:52 am

TacticalTuna wrote:My advice is to find the two nearest 24 hour emergency rooms and print up their info and directions and put it up on a fridge or next to your first aid kit.

This is good advice.

Hope your wife is OK! Maybe she needs a pair of these: https://www.amazon.com/NoCry-Resistant-Gloves-Grip-Dots/dp/B01HPTE2H0/ref=asc_df_B01HPTE2H0

I know Christmas has passed, but maybe she has a birthday coming up...? :bigsmile:

Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:46 am

cmica wrote:super glue....

they got these new butterfly band aids that do the same as super glue now....no freaking out, no stiche's no EFFING DOC's......and last no bills.

Specifically krazy glue. The chemical make up is nearest to what they use in the emergency room.

Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:50 pm

OhShoot! wrote:
cmica wrote:super glue....

Specifically krazy glue. The chemical make up is nearest to what they use in the emergency room.

Vet Bond (but not just for veterans)

https://www.amazon.com/3M-Vetbond-084-1469SB-Vetbond-Tissue-Adhesive-1469Sb/dp/B004C12Q46/ref=asc_df_B004C12Q46/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=218543830990&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=18020095826032298821&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9033482&hvtargid=pla-355745062703&psc=1

I figure if it's it's good enough for my dog, it's good enough for me

Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:40 am

^good find. I like it!

Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:32 pm

Cayenne pepper.

Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:53 am

A few years back, my dog smacked another smaller dog that was yelling in her face. (Boxer vs chihuahah) The Chi was rewarded with an eyelid split all the way to the brow ridge. Stupid bulgy eyeballs. Immediately took the dog to the vet, and they said that they’d have to charge me well over $1000 for anesthesia and stitches.

Says I....”what, you don’t have any frickin superglue”???? The vet acted like he’d never heard of the stuff. $120 later, the stupid little shit healed up without even any scar.

Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:23 am

Last edited by CQBgopher on Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:14 am

I'll never go to Elma's aid station (New Mark Reed), never waited long at all at St. Pete's.

Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:48 pm

Last edited by CQBgopher on Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:04 pm

dan360 wrote:
Caveman Jim wrote:I'll never go to Elma's aid station (New Mark Reed), never waited long at all at St. Pete's.

I used to feel similar but when my arm tried to come off they were actually nothing short of amazing. It surprised me.

Yeah I guess I'm still unamazed, I miss the old growth forest where it stands now. That was our hiding place when we were on our union break at the rusty tractor. LOL
Post a reply