Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:47 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 What are your prepping goals for the new year? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'll start. In 2019, I want to:

- Round out our reloading supplies. We're pretty well set but need to fill in a few gaps.
- Reduce our food waste. We really don't throw out a lot of food but I'd still like to do better.
- Learn some good knots. My husband knows a bunch but I only know a few and need to increase my knowledge.

What's everyone else planning to work on this year?

Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:40 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I should really standardize on a single rifle and pistol caliber. But I probably won't.

Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:42 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

So far I’ve got every magazine loaded. All ammo in ammo cans. Most magazines in easily deployable ammo cans. I’m considering caches or “kits” that are easily concealable and can handle weather. Now is the time to stockpile the lowers though.

Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Join the NRA
Firearms Policy Coalition

Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:51 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I need to load a bunch of 5.56 in my prepped and primed brass. Drop Powder, seat bullet and go.
Oh, and shoot/Train more....a lot more.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:03 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm all stocked up.
My only resolution? Change residency to a free state, so I can keep my "free" weapons free. They shall not be registered or transferred in this totalitarian state.

Oh, and I need to lose some weight.

Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:13 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My goals are:

- Plant a vegetable garden
- Increase water storage
- Beef up the first aid kit
- Better familiarize myself with native edible plants in the area

Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:26 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I managed the best goal a few months early, by getting the fuck out of King County.

Now, I am lurking on 5 acres, got a bonus 1400 square foot shop, and half the 2 car garage under the house turned into a man cave.

New Years goals are to plant some more fruit and nut trees, get the garden pumped up, cross fence the pasture, and set the barn up for animals- probably goats, ducks, and chickens - all fairly low maintenance. Goats for pasture control and stew meat, chickens and ducks for eggs and roasting.

I want to replenish my seasoned wood stash. Couldn't afford to move 20 plus cords from the old place, gotta get the supply built right back up again.

Oh yeah, set up the rifle and pistol range with the 20 foot embankment cut behind the house as a pre existing backstop. God bless living in unincorporated Clallam County, where guns are normal, and so is wanting to have your own gun range !

All my neighbors are gun owners and/or ex military.

I feel like I have died and gone to Second Amendment heaven.

Lastly, I wish to encourage everyone else to get out of Dodge as well. Yes, it was tough to do.

Yes, earning a living will be tough as well. But - cost of living is less, air and water are clean, and quality of life is a bazillion times better.

Do it.

Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Give a man a fishing pole, and he will drink too much beer, get tangled in fish line, hook himself in the nose casting, fall overboard, and either drown, or, go home hungry and wet. Give a man a case of dynamite, and he will feed the whole town for a year!

BE ON NOTICE:
PRIVACY NOTICE: Warning - any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/or the comments made about my photos or any other "picture" art posted on my profile.

You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee, agent, student or any personnel under your direction or control.

The contents of this profile are PRIVATE and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law. UCC 1-103 1-308 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:02 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guns4Liberty wrote:
My goals are:

- Increase water storage

This is very on point. I have been taking a look at local water sources and I feel pretty well covered. Edible plants in the area would be great.

Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:58 am

gscott wrote:
I'm all stocked up.
My only resolution? Change residency to a free state, so I can keep my "free" weapons free. They shall not be registered or transferred in this totalitarian state.

I encourage you to stay and fight until at least a magazine or feature ban becomes reality

Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:13 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TacticalTuna wrote:
gscott wrote:
I'm all stocked up.

I encourage you to stay and fight until at least a magazine or feature ban becomes reality

Word! You cannot escape this by fleeing to another state. Bloomberg (and others) agenda is being applied in cookie cutter fashion in all 50 states. The attacks on individual guns, on gun parts, and on State Preemtion clauses (especially) are copied almost verbatim from one state to another.

Your ONLY course of action is PARTICIPATION. It is a time consuming, expensive and arduous task. but "freedom isn't free".

WE must. MUST:
-attend school board meetings. RUN for school board positions
-attend city hall meetings . RUN for city council and other positions. Write letters, CALL, visit their offices.
-attend State legislature committee meetings in Olympia and Town Hall meetings in your area. Don't be afraid to TESTIFY (all that means is to make your opinion known. It's about one minute in duration, so prepare and it isn't as bad as it sounds) Visit your State Senators' and Representatives' offices while in Olympia to attend the committee meetings. Write letters. CALL them on the phone. RUN for State senate or representative positions.

Surf online to find city council activities and state level events to see where else you may PARTICIPATE.

Freedom takes some effort and the foes of that freedom have time and an endless roster of useful idiots who are duped into doing their work.

It is currently de rigueur and quite trendy to wear Orange and be an activist (the gun control crowd has, oddly enough - since the President is characterized as being Orange - adopted Orange as the color of their movement). At every march, council meeting, committee meeting and etc. these Orange wearing Social Justice Virtue Signaling Hobby Activists can be seen en masse IN ATTENDANCE. We must do the same.

They are the masters of "grass roots" and exerting pressure. The more mass they are perceived to have the more the politicians listen to them. We MUST be as visible and vocal

Incidentally, many in the gun community have been disparaged and criticized for wearing guns at marches. Maybe it's a good practice... maybe not. If not, then some form of en bloc identification needs to be adopted so that our numbers lend weight to our cause.

This IS a call to arms. You MUST act and not by fleeing to some temporary harbor.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Last edited by jukk0u on Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:33 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guns4Liberty wrote:
My goals are:

- Increase water storage

Thanks for the reminder on water storage, I need to add that to my list for this year.

Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:07 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I paid for an year of internet service in advance. Im good.

Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:11 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

mislabeled wrote:
I want to. . .Learn some good knots

This is a good goal. I love tying knots; my dad is a sailing junkie, so he has taught me quite a few over the years. One of my favorites is the Taut Line Hitch (aka Midshipman's Hitch). I use it for all kinds of stuff. It's nice because you can tie the knot while the line is not under load, then easily adjust the knot position to add the desired load. It holds well (with the right type of line) and it's easy to untie.

Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:49 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have this cool little gizmodgett that is a set of cards (the size of a credit card) attached at one corner by a brass grommet. The grommet serves to keep the cards from being separated and allows each to be pivoted to allow the one beneath to be seen.

Each card has 2 knots (one on each side of the card)
-knots are named
-function is given
-diagram for tying the knot porvided.

[url]proknot.com[/url]

http://www.proknot.com/

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Last edited by jukk0u on Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:58 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

^ Gotta throw the http part of the address in there too, Jim, or add www to the front.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next