Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:34 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 "Cholera is Fun" 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Old Kim's recent posts on security and the reminder to maintain your preps are valuable AND provide a diversion from the rending of the Second Amendment's carcass under way in Olympia (more on that in another thread in this section of the forum to follow)

"Bugging in" in an urban environment has challenges beyond security. One that may not be surmountable(?)

The DHS has penned a Presidential Advisory to address the challenges facing the nation in the event of a "catastrophic (power) outage" due to EMP, cyber attack or coronal ejection (to name a few). The Date is December 2018 so it is current.

You can read it here:

https://www.dhs.gov/sites/default/files ... 0FINAL.pdf

The effects of a widespread loss of power - that would last for MONTHS - has repercussions and consequences that go beyond being unable to log in to WaGuns everyday.

I think that the ability for other services and utilities to continue may be challenged as well(?)

So, let's talk about sewage and potable water (yes, still a concern in water-logged WA). John Moseby in his Mountain Guerilla blog talks about potable water and sewage and his comments deserve some notice.

https://mountainguerrilla.wordpress.com ... ra-is-fun/

Living in a dense suburb, there is little I can do as the wider neighborhood will devolve into a cesspool in short order, contaminating any of the local water sources. You guys a little further out may be in better shape, but only with careful consideration of much of what he outlines.

Will your slit-trench latrine or out house (or the neighborhood's) contaminate your well? Will flies and other insects attracted to your neighbor's ineffectual or sloppy disposal of waste threaten to contaminate your food?

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:41 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

without electricity we go back 150 years, without soap we go back 5000 years, stock up on soap, anti-septic, anti-biotics etc..

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

See my blog: http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/

Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:18 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Alcohol is a wonderful disinfectant. Hard apple cider is easy to make.

A still is not hard to build.

Stay thirsty my friends.

Not long ago no one drank water (too risky) but they drank beer, wine and plenty of hard cider. The history of alcoholic beverages is the history if civilization.

Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:49 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Rain catchment systems certainly take on a higher priority.

Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:09 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

mislabeled wrote:

Until the rain is laden with nuclear snowflakes.

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:50 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Selador wrote:
mislabeled wrote:

It isn't already? (Fukushima :wink05: )

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:
Selador wrote:
mislabeled wrote:

It isn't already? (Fukushima :wink05: )

Shut up. I was trying to ignore that!

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:18 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Great read. It's one of those things that people don't things that you don't think about.

Also, there was a winter when something happened to the water line. It was terrible. I'm still not as prepared as I should be.

Member:
2nd Amendment Foundation
Gun Owners of America
Firearms Policy Coalition
Silent Majority Foundation
NRA

Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]