Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:43 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Introduction from a new suppressor manufacturer in Monroe 
FFL / Dealer

DocNugent wrote:
:yes:
Does it require drilling ports into the stock barrel?
What's the shortest barrel you can do that with?

Yes, we drill four ports in the barrel to bring cheap supersonic ammo down to about 1000 FPS. This way you never need to hunt around for the expensive subsonic ammo.

We can do it with any length of barrel, but obviously the barrel has to be long enough to stabilize the bullet. For rifles, we will weld a monolithic core to the barrel to make legal length 16". We can also modify legal SBRs to accept a detachable monolithic core.

MadPick wrote:
Holy hell, that's cool. :4couple:

So . . . what's it take for you to do that? Do you build a custom suppressor that fits around the barrel?

Yep, it's about a 16" tube that covers the whole barrel. The barrel is cut back to about 10", and then a 6" monolithic core is welded to the barrel, bringing your legal barrel length to 16+".

GWP wrote:
How about taking a 10/22 and doing select fire closed bolt with integral suppressor, then have a demonstration. And I will bring the ammo. :AR15firing:

I fully support this idea.

And with that, I present for your consideration a .300BLK integral upper. Identical concept to the integral .22 (minus the barrel porting); Monolithic core permanently welded to a short barrel bringing legal barrel length to 16+". Built on a Seekins Precision IRMT-R upper and corresponding handguard. Yeah, it's pretty quiet.

For more information on our suppressors, visit us at http://www.wynakosmachine.com/ or call us at (360) 794-9057.

Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:36 pm
Profile WWW

Those look awesome. Suppressed nagant would be my project request if i had the money and forms filled out!

Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:49 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm looking for a unicorn

45acp suppressor which can then be used on a 7.5 swiss (308 equivalent), 9mm pistol, down to 22LR . Must be user serviceable as I'd shoot dirty 22 LR out of it.

There can be only one, and this would be it, call it the SAURON edition...

Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:21 pm
FFL / Dealer

A Null wrote:
I'm looking for a unicorn

45acp suppressor which can then be used on a 7.5 swiss (308 equivalent), 9mm pistol, down to 22LR . Must be user serviceable as I'd shoot dirty 22 LR out of it.

There can be only one, and this would be it, call it the SAURON edition...

It is possible! We can build a can that could work for all those calibers, but it would be a "jack of all trades, master of none" kind of deal. It would be kind of like, "I need a drag racing car, with a water cannon on it to put out a fire in case another drag car catches on fire, and it has to have a pick-up bed, and a back seat for the kids, and four-wheel-drive would be great, too". You can build a car that would do all of those things, but it wouldn't do any of them especially well. It is possible to build, though :thumbsup2:

For more information on our suppressors, visit us at http://www.wynakosmachine.com/ or call us at (360) 794-9057.

Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:27 pm
Profile WWW
FFL / Dealer

pretzelxx wrote:
Those look awesome. Suppressed nagant would be my project request if i had the money and forms filled out!

Thanks! Nagant as in revolver or rifle?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/GStcHyGQwcQ?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:30 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

How difficult would it be to make a .308 can compatible with AAC's 51T mount?

Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:35 pm
FFL / Dealer

lunacite wrote:
How difficult would it be to make a .308 can compatible with AAC's 51T mount?

Difficult, but more importantly it might be a patent infringement. I understand some companies build cans that are compatible with AAC products, but I don't know if they licensed the mounting system from them or what. I'm not a lawyer, I just build suppressors.

To hopefully answer your question though, I don't think we would even try. It wouldn't be cost-effective for us, and it wouldn't be worth it for you. Just buying a 7.62 SDN-6 outright would be cheaper. Those suppressors are fantastic.

Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:12 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Are you guys doing the 80% thing still?

He who does not punish evil commands it to be done. --- Leonardo DaVinci

When its time to go in:
That place of steel and stone. I pray that you will keep me safe, so I will not walk alone. Help me to do my duty, please watch me on my rounds.
Amongst those perilous places and slamming steel door sounds. God, keep my fellow Officers well and free from harm. Let them know I'll be there too, whenever there's alarm.
Above all when I walk my beat, no matter where I roam. Let me go back whence I came, to family and home

Author unknown.

Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:37 pm
FFL / Dealer

That company was Double wolves . Are lowers are 100%.

Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:32 pm
Profile WWW

WMA wrote:

GWP wrote:
How about taking a 10/22 and doing select fire closed bolt with integral suppressor, then have a demonstration. And I will bring the ammo. :AR15firing:

I fully support this idea.

And with that, I present for your consideration a .300BLK integral upper. Identical concept to the integral .22 (minus the barrel porting); Monolithic core permanently welded to a short barrel bringing legal barrel length to 16+". Built on a Seekins Precision IRMT-R upper and corresponding handguard. Yeah, it's pretty quiet.

Let me know when to bring the 22lr ammo. :thumbsup2:

Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2