Site Supporter
Site Supporter

:wagwoot:

Looking good!

Nice job everyone! That is impressive :thumbsup2:

Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Were the firearms they used legally transferred? And then transferred back?

I'm wondering which of them "FAILED" or were "Delayed" :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:31 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Classic wrote:

I'm wondering which of them "FAILED" or were "Delayed" :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

We were at a shooting range, so 594 doesn't apply. Everyone knows that, its right there in black and white?

"I'm Hub McCann. I've fought in two World Wars and countless smaller ones on three continents. I led thousands of men into battle with everything from horses and swords to artillery and TANKS! I've seen the headwaters of the Nile, and tribes of natives no white man had ever seen before. I've won and lost a dozen fortunes, KILLED MANY MEN! And loved only one woman, with a passion a FLEA like you could never begin to understand. That's who I am. NOW, GO HOME, BOY!"

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones". Albert Einstein 1947

Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:46 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Classic wrote:

Initiative 594 did not come into play on this day. This was a scheduled event at a Washington State shooting range. As long as the weapons went home with the same people that they arrived with, no issue. The Range Safety Officers controlled the weapons all day, at each shooting bench or station.
We chose not to make 594 an issue. We could have been dicks and said, "I just handed you this gun to shoot today Senator, now I'm a felon, and when you give it back to me, you're now a felon...". We chose to focus on the sport itself so that those who are unfamiliar with our hobby could learn to enjoy it. And by all accounts, everyone did. There will be plenty of other opportunities to educate them about 594.

NRA Range Safety Officer
NSSF Member
SAF Defender's Club - Life member
US Navy - 1976-1982

Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:50 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

cdoniguian wrote:
Classic wrote:

Initiative 594 did not come into play on this day. This was a scheduled event at a Washington State shooting range. As long as the weapons went home with the same people that they arrived with, no issue. The Range Safety Officers controlled the weapons all day, at each shooting bench or station.
We chose not to make 594 an issue. We could have been dicks and said, "I just handed you this gun to shoot today Senator, now I'm a felon, and when you give it back to me, you're now a felon...". We chose to focus on the sport itself so that those who are unfamiliar with our hobby could learn to enjoy it. And by all accounts, everyone did. There will be plenty of other opportunities to educate them about 594.

Ya didn't have to harp on it but you had a chance "at the end of the day" to educate them. I'm sure that they were all clueless as to the transfer aspect of 594. This is one of the reasons that I didn't volunteer because I would have said something! :wink05:

Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Classic wrote:
cdoniguian wrote:
Classic wrote:

Ya didn't have to harp on it but you had a chance "at the end of the day" to educate them. I'm sure that they were all clueless as to the transfer aspect of 594. This is one of the reasons that I didn't volunteer because I would have said something! :wink05:

At the end of the day, we were exhausted... But happy about pulling off a successful event.

NRA Range Safety Officer
NSSF Member
US Navy - 1976-1982

Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:18 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice piece by Mr. Mak, seemed great for the pro gun aspect. Would have been nice to at least mention those that put the work into making it happen along with the range but hey Chris was looking good and thats all that really matters right?...

Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:04 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

toys in the toybox wrote:
Nice piece by Mr. Mak, seemed great for the pro gun aspect. Would have been nice to at least mention those that put the work into making it happen along with the range but hey Chris was looking good and thats all that really matters right?...

Why thank you. ;)
But I cant take all the credit. We had lots of great help. :)

NRA Range Safety Officer
NSSF Member
US Navy - 1976-1982

Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:31 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

That was very cool.

Does the governor get invited too?

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:42 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yes, he does. The entire legislature is invited. They had four teams this time. Two Republican teams and two Democratic teams. Who do you think won the competition?

NRA Range Safety Officer
NSSF Member
US Navy - 1976-1982

Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:33 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

cdoniguian wrote:
Yes, he does. The entire legislature is invited. They had four teams this time. Two Republican teams and two Democratic teams. Who do you think won the competition?

The Dems because one of the Republicans didn't end Inslee........................... :AR15firing: :AR15firing:

Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:39 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

From the office of WA Senator Pam Roach:

Dear Friends –
This is my busiest time of the year, I would say even busier than Christmas time!

Thank you so much for participating in our sportsmen advisory council meeting and showing your support for our rights to hunt and fish. Events like these are critical to supporting the shooting sport.

I want to make sure we keep our momentum going by not only giving an update but by letting you know what the future plans are for this summer. Our primary goal is to come up with a Sportsmen’s agenda. We need to have that agenda ready for next session. We need to prioritize what we want, put it into bill form, find legislators to sponsor, gather co-sponsors for the legislation, and have it ready to be dropped in the “hopper” the first week of December. This is all very achievable with a solid plan behind it.

Working with our Legislative Sportsmen’s Caucus, we will be meeting with you at least twice before next session. We will meet during the months of June and September. Hopefully, this will be scheduled on legislative assembly days when our legislators are already gathered to meet in Olympia. Those specific dates have not yet been set.

These will be work sessions but if you can begin formulating your ideas right now we will be able to make maximum use of our time. These are work sessions, but any legislator can have any bill drawn up at any time.

If you can provide a concept and specific details, we will begin working with you to draw up legislation. By the time we are done, you will know how to get a bill going. You will be your own lobbyist. You will have your own pipeline to the legislature.

In summary, I anticipate our next meeting will be in the month of June. Through your early suggestions, I believe we will have at least 10 bill drafts ready for that meeting. You should bring a list of things you want to accomplish; think large items, think small items. If the legislature is still in session, we can actually begin collecting signatures of co-sponsors for our new bills. Details of the process will be discussed at a later time, but it does involve citizen efforts.

By way of report, all expenses from our advisory meeting and our legislative shootout have been covered and we have enough left on hand to move forward for our advisory meeting.

Over 50 of us participated in our meeting with WDFW director and Sen. Pearson.

In the afternoon we had over 75 individuals – many of them legislators -- shoot and turn in their scorecards. It was our most well attended shootout to date, and there were many that did not turn in their score-cards, but enjoyed shooting all the same. As an aside, I want to begin expanding our afternoon activities to bring in more sportsmen and lobbyists. We will work on that part next year.

Since we want to move forward between now and June, please submit your ideas in writing and your contact information. Be as detailed as possible, and include the reasoning for your idea. We want to make sure the bill, if enacted, will do what you want it to do. Initially, please stay away from the absolutely impossible. We want to concentrate on what is politically possible to begin with.

I will be sending you a list of bills that may be of interest to sportsmen currently moving through the process. The bills that are on this list have already left the house of origin are what we call “alive.” These bills still have a chance of passage. As my staff and I have more time, we will list the bills that “died” along the way.

We seek to band together 3 groups: those that hunt, those that fish, and those that protect the 2nd amendment. We have already decided that we are going to be working to put the strength of numbers behind our efforts.

Again, thank you so much for your participation and your patience with me at this busy time. Please call my office at (360) 786-7660 for any assistance you might need.

Sincerely,

Senator Pam Roach

President Pro-Tem

P.S. Below, please find links to current bills that affect sportsmen in Washington State.

HB 1118 - Allows DFW to develop and charge for a mobile app for licenses and regulation info. Makes many mandatory reporting and program activities permissive

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/billinfo/summary ... &year=2015

HB 1620 - Increases the current biotoxin testing surcharge by $1 the fee for recreational shellfish licenses.

HB 1627 - Specifically adds unlawful entry on lands to collect wildlife parts to the existing crime relating to trespassing for hunting purposes.

SHB 1676 - Creates a study to look at impacts on ungulates due to wolves.

SHB 2107 – Establishes a collaborative process to review the state's wolf management plan.

SB 5137 – Provides a free discover pass to 100% disabled veterans.

SB 5205 - Allows spouses to combine volunteer hours to reach the 24 hour threshold to qualify for a free discover pass.

SSB 5583 - Directs the Fish and Wildlife to consider changes to endangered species classification on a regional, as opposed to a statewide, basis.

SB 5627 - Provides a discover pass exemption to properly licensed ORVs.

SSB 5960 - Establishes a collaborative process to review the state's wolf management plan.

SSJM 8007 - Requests Congress to provide NOAA with enough resources to expedite review of the permits necessary for Puget Sound hatchery programs.

NRA Range Safety Officer
NSSF Member
US Navy - 1976-1982

Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:43 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

There's something I like about her.... :pray:

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:49 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

:plusone:

:cheers2:

Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next