Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:18 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Prepared to Bunker In 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

As I get older I think about the time that is coming when I won't be able to run around with a rifle and a pack. This video gives some food for thought on bugging in and staying put.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gx9Sn9DjNgg

Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:51 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

http://www.captainsjournal.com/2019/04/21/so-youre-bugging-out-are-you-dude-youre-not-going-anywhere/

Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:44 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That is an awesome vid.

Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:04 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Interesting story about hunkering down for a while but I guess it depends on the situation, your predicament, and location.

Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:40 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've being there.
After USSR collapsed there were ugly 90's in Russia.
Street crimes, food and supplies shortages, lack of jobs, etc.
I won't be happy to see this crap here, but if it happened, I am ready.

Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:57 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I totally agree. Even if my house collapses all my stuff is still in there. I can't fit all my belongings in my car. Even if I could where would I go? The roads will be a mess in a matter of minutes. Four wheel drive will not get you any farther.

Mon May 27, 2019 4:58 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

golddigger14s wrote:
I totally agree. Even if my house collapses all my stuff is still in there. I can't fit all my belongings in my car. Even if I could where would I go? The roads will be a mess in a matter of minutes. Four wheel drive will not get you any farther.

Only take what you need and can use, a dual-sport type bike such as a older BMW Dakar or the like would get you to your secondary locale if fuel holds out. Next best option is a horse or mule. Horses are faster afoot, mules are much more stout and sure footed cross country.

Mon May 27, 2019 7:35 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Free Boer wrote:
golddigger14s wrote:

Only take what you need and can use, a dual-sport type bike such as a older BMW Dakar or the like would get you to your secondary locale if fuel holds out. Next best option is a horse or mule. Horses are faster afoot, mules are much more stout and sure footed cross country.

Okay, why would I leave everything that I worked so hard to acquire? Where would I go? "Bugging Out" makes no sense to me. I have a GHK (Get Home Kit) in my car. I work on a military base and would feel more comfortable/safe at home.
BTW would a BMW Dakar cross the Nisqually River (Or any other river)? Can it carry all my guns, gallons of water, a month of food, thousands of rounds of ammo, etc...?

Mon May 27, 2019 11:37 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

golddigger14s wrote:
Okay, why would I leave everything that I worked so hard to acquire? Where would I go? "Bugging Out" makes no sense to me. I have a GHK (Get Home Kit) in my car. I work on a military base and would feel more comfortable/safe at home.
BTW would a BMW Dakar cross the Nisqually River (Or any other river)? Can it carry all my guns, gallons of water, a month of food, thousands of rounds of ammo, etc...?

If you're bugging out then your stuff has no value. Leaving it will be easy. Bugging out means bad things are happening and you need to get away. If you're buggin' out, you won't need all of your guns, gallons of water (you should have a water filtration device anyway) and emergency food isn't that much weight.

Free Boer wrote:

Great advice. I agree on the duel sport bikes. The mule took me off guard though. I visualized chaos all around and sitting on a slow rocking, stubborn mule going about 3 miles an hour.:ROFLMAO:

Member:
2nd Amendment Foundation
Gun Owners of America
Firearms Policy Coalition
Silent Majority Foundation
NRA

Tue May 28, 2019 8:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It's even slower than that: you load the mule with STUFF, and then LEAD him (around walking).

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Tue May 28, 2019 8:29 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Couldn't view the vids on this device, but...

I've been to a lot of prepper meetings, and it always cracks me up that people will head out & "live off the land"...

So, what, there's 30 million deer, and nearly 330 million people...

If even if just 200,000 people from the metro area from Olympia to Everett head out, and start shooting, how many deer, or anything, will be anywhere near you when they're done fumbling around & shooting?

And if you nail one, how many people are watching your back while you gut it?

Movies & books are great, but this is similar to every guy walking out of a Jason Bourne or martial arts movie...everyone thinks they're a badass....

If you don't have a compound with friends that you can reach, bug-in & keep a low profile...

Tue May 28, 2019 8:59 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have a super badass chineeseum springblade and I watched a whole season of Bear Grylls, so I'll be GOOD!

Tue May 28, 2019 10:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:
It's even slower than that: you load the mule with STUFF, and then LEAD him (around walking).

Ask him how he knows..............

I'll have to view the vids when I get home too. Hopefully it isn't a video of Juk leading a stubborn mule loaded down with AK47's around Kirkland in the midst of the holocaust.

Wed May 29, 2019 4:34 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wonder what the value of a firearm is, in a situation like that.....???

Several wheelbarrows of food? Fuel?

I imagine govmint issued money would be worthless then.

From a blog: Political Correctness - the belief that one can pick up a turd by the clean end.

Benjamin Franklin: It is the (civic) responsibility of every citizen to question authority.

Wed May 29, 2019 6:58 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NWGunner wrote:
Couldn't view the vids on this device, but...

I've been to a lot of prepper meetings, and it always cracks me up that people will head out & "live off the land"...

So, what, there's 30 million deer, and nearly 330 million people...

If even if just 200,000 people from the metro area from Olympia to Everett head out, and start shooting, how many deer, or anything, will be anywhere near you when they're done fumbling around & shooting?

And if you nail one, how many people are watching your back while you gut it?

Movies & books are great, but this is similar to every guy walking out of a Jason Bourne or martial arts movie...everyone thinks they're a badass....

If you don't have a compound with friends that you can reach, bug-in & keep a low profile...

I'm there with ya. Reminds me of a part of my book where one of the characters (a prepper) goes off on that mentality.

It was the height of absurdity to believe that Joe Sixpack, his wife, and 2.5 kids could leave the city, plop down a trailer in a one of those remote parts of the country, and just start living off the land. People that pushed pencils all day for a living, made regular visits to a fast food drive-thru, and depended on all the conveniences that a modern consumerist culture could provide would be dead within a month during an average Eastern Montana or Wyoming winter. At least in Western Washington the climate was far milder and the wild food was a lot more accessible.

Wed May 29, 2019 12:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next