Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Sunbird in Yelm sells guns, but they won't support 2A RTKBA 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

O_Kellogg wrote:
usrifle wrote:
NWGunner wrote:
There are sme great lessons in this thread...

Right? I try not to compromise my principles to save a few bucks or cause myself some inconvenience personally. Sounds like Boots and Gloves take precedence though.

You sell Guns? Stand up for the 2A or you are a hypocrite. That's my take on that.

Just for clarity: You prefer we shop at Walmart?

I somehow got quoted into this, but I wasn't meaning it as usrifle took it...

The lessons I was referring to, were lessons of perspective.

Sunbird is just a general store, doesn't even list guns on the front, but includes them as sporting goods along with Hardware, Garden, etc., much like Fred Meyer.

Probably hard enough to stay afloat in a small community, and getting into politics of any kind can be bad, and may have even happened in the past.

In line with that, people that are on here that actually live in the community, appreciate what they can get there, and don't wnt to see them boycotted or run out of business over this.

Still others are offended that the flyers supporting gun rights can't be dropped off there.

We have larger stores up here, in a larger population, that sell nothing but guns, that don't want to get involved with promoting gun rights, and some even undermine them.

So, my 'interesting lessons' comment was geared toward the idea that we don't always know the repercussions of things that we think are black and white...

Mon May 27, 2019 7:51 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I wasn't taking it out of context, i just took one of the lessons to be learned and ran with it. I reacted emotionally to the issue and didn't really consider the small business side of this.

I have thought about this subject over the course of a couple days and i am inclined to reverse my position concerning this Mom and Pop Hardware Store not wanting to get embroiled in the whole 2A argument.

This isn't Dick's we are talking about here, nor their stand on Semi Automatic Sporting Rifles. This sounds like a small business serving an area with Guns and and Ammo being secondary to how they make their Living and i can forgive that.

While i may not agree with the fact they won't publicly support the RTKBA, i won't condemn them for it either.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Mon May 27, 2019 8:59 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:
I wasn't taking it out of context, i just took one of the lessons to be learned and ran with it. I reacted emotionally to the issue and didn't really consider the small business side of this.

I have thought about this subject over the course of a couple days and i am inclined to reverse my position concerning this Mom and Pop Hardware Store not wanting to get embroiled in the whole 2A argument.

This isn't Dick's we are talking about here, nor their stand on Semi Automatic Sporting Rifles. This sounds like a small business serving an area with Guns and and Ammo being secondary to how they make their Living and i can forgive that.

While i may not agree with the fact they won't publicly support the RTKBA, i won't condemn them for it either.

The wiser side of you won the day. I, too, would like to see a more active approach towards preserving the current state or reclaiming lost ground, but the OP makes the assumption that because the business decides to keep it's nose out of politics, that means they are somehow the enemy. The business doesn't vote, but the employees sure might, and we don't know how they cast their ballots. Might be full of NRA members. Might be full of Bloombergists. Who knows? Personally, I can appreciate wanting to keep politics out of the business, at least at it's face. Keeps the ground neutral. If it were a straight-up gun shop, I could see the sentiment that, by very nature of the business, they are political. I don't see it with these guys. Had a shop like this in my neck of the woods. They aren't a gun shop, they're a hardware store that has a gun counter. I disagree with the idea that simply selling guns requires you to be a political activist. It is appreciated, but neutrality, while maybe not something to be admired in all circumstances, can be respected.

zombie66 wrote:
Mikey is a Bossy Bottom.....

Mon May 27, 2019 9:10 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

And then there's another whole level about how much of our other rights have been eroded, to where some feel they can't support a right we already have...

This is a microcosm of a bigger issue, where the mob mentality tramples some people to where they don't feel they have a voice, or can stand for what they believe in, for fear of losing their livelihood, or worse...

Mon May 27, 2019 9:19 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NWGunner wrote:
And then there's another whole level about how much of our other rights have been eroded, to where some feel they can't support a right we already have...

This is a microcosm of a bigger issue, where the mob mentality tramples some people to where they don't feel they have a voice, or can stand for what they believe in, for fear of losing their livelihood, or worse...

Well said NWG. :bow:

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Mon May 27, 2019 9:30 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The OP came here to vent and hasn't been back since.

It makes me question how he approached and handled the issue.

Sometimes ambassadors are not diplomats.

Mon May 27, 2019 9:46 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:
NWGunner wrote:

Well said NWG. :bow:

I agree. :thumbsup2:

I can assure you folks that the opinions behind the counter are much like you and I.

The choice not to display a political position is to protect themselves. Not to strike your group down.

Im pretty proud of the thought that has gone into this subject/thread. Thanks Fellas. :wagwoot:

Mon May 27, 2019 9:50 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Old Growth wrote:
The OP came here to vent and hasn't been back since.

It makes me question how he approached and handled the issue.

Sometimes ambassadors are not diplomats.

A wise statement OG. Did you coin that?

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Mon May 27, 2019 9:55 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yes! But did have to speelcheck the word "ambassador"!

Mon May 27, 2019 10:05 pm

Fuck them. Any gun store that does not have the business sense to understand their business will die slowly over time if they don’t help fight this shit probably does not deserve your patronage.

Mon May 27, 2019 10:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TacticalTuna wrote:
Fuck them. Any gun store that does not have the business sense to understand their business will die slowly over time if they don’t help fight this shit probably does not deserve your patronage.

Hold on Tuna, they aren't a "Gun store" per se. Check the whole thread, though i reacted much the same before a lot of thought. They are a small Town Hardware store with a Gun counter, not a Gun Shop.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Mon May 27, 2019 10:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TacticalTuna wrote:

Is reading comprehension not your strong point?

They are NOT a gun store. The gun counter is about 6 feet long. There are about 50 isles of other products that are the priority instead.

Mon May 27, 2019 10:37 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Selling guns IS pro gun.

The only time this isn't true is when they sell guns / take money for gun rights, claim to represent gun owners or whatever and then advocate for gun control.

I'd be far happier with 200 more locations selling guns without any sign if explicit political advocacy than a single store that advocates strongly for RTKBA.

Mon May 27, 2019 10:44 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NWGunner wrote:
We have larger stores up here, in a larger population, that sell nothing but guns, that don't want to get involved with promoting gun rights, and some even undermine them.

With friends like that, who needs enemies?

Sounds like a pretty good anti-gun strategy. Get the gun community riled up against a gun seller, over some petty point, and get the seller shut down... Kinda working, kinda not.

Better to have a seller, than not to have a seller. Be careful what you create fake outrage over...

PinSniper wrote:
Selling guns IS pro gun.

The only time this isn't true is when they sell guns / take money for gun rights, claim to represent gun owners or whatever and then advocate for gun control.

I'd be far happier with 200 more locations selling guns without any sign if explicit political advocacy than a single store that advocates strongly for RTKBA.

Exactly.

We all know the shop that sells guns and yet the owner advocates for gun control.

You wanna 'outrage', focus on that guy. That would be outrage that is earned.

Even still, there are more gun owners today, than there would have been, if that shop were not there. And when push comes to shove, gun owners, even the FUDD types, are far more likely to see our point of view, than non-gun-owners.

PinSniper wrote:
I'd be far happier with 200 more locations selling guns without any sign of explicit political advocacy than a single store that advocates strongly for against RTKBA.

FIFY :bigsmile:

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Tue May 28, 2019 8:41 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Some sad news today. :crybaby:

SunBirds is closing their doors in Yelm. :reaction:

Starting on Monday, everything will be 25 percent off as they close out inventory.

Some here will be sad, some here will be happy.

But rumor n the streets is that the landlord shot the lease through the roof and they just said enough is enough.

I fucking hate shopping for new boots again. :cussing:

Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:58 am
Reply to topic   [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next