Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:39 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 My introduction. 

Hey folks. My name is Mike and I'm new to the forum. I've been lurking for some time now. I became a US Citizen a little over a month ago. That process was almost two years start to finish. Until I had accomplished that I'd been keeping a low profile with regards to my enthusiasm for Arms and our rights to them. I did paperwork and finger prints on June 4th for my CPL, so I'm waiting for that. Like many people I know I am stocking up on everything I can before the 1st.

For work I am a Machinist. For play I am an avid offroad driver. My rig is a 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited with about 3 inches of lift and 42 inch TSL tires. My user name on local wheeling forums is Horus. I'm out in the Elbe Hills area at least once a month shooting and wheeling, often both.

Since becoming a citizen not one week has gone by without another 4473 filled out. I've been buying everything I've wanted while I can. Lever guns, bolt guns and revolvers had to take a back seat to AKs, Sub 2000s and an SKS from Classic Firearms. I've had ARs covered for some time. thumbsup

That is pretty much it. I look forward to participating in the community.

Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:25 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Welcome Mike! Good intro!
:wagwoot:

Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome to the Forum! :thumbsup2:

And congrats on your Citizenship! :cheers2:

Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:32 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome! Citizen!

Have a seat and pass the ammo!
Good to have you here and thank you for a great intro.

Good to see you are enjoying your rights as an American!

Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:34 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Welcome Mike!

Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:39 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome, glad to have you onboard. Ever run into a guy named count out there in elbe ?? he has a pretty trick toyota with exo cage ( pretty trick with super mods but looks like she gets used)

Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:45 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome to citizen ship and legal gun ownership.

I strongly encourage you to get active if you want to keep your gun rights and pass them on. Teach others about guns, convert antis, support gun rights organizations, VOTE and get others to VOTE for pro-gun candidates, write your senators, etc.

Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:16 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

leadcounsel wrote:
Welcome to citizen ship and legal gun ownership.

I strongly encourage you to get active if you want to keep your gun rights and pass them on. Teach others about guns, convert antis, support gun rights organizations, VOTE and get others to VOTE for pro-gun candidates, write your senators, etc.

That's good advice for any and all of us. :thumbsup2:

Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:05 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum! :wagwoot:

Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:10 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome, Mike.

Thank you for going through the legal process of becoming a citizen!

Thank you for valuing being a citizen, enough to do so!

It's an honor to know you.

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:26 pm

Thanks guys. I appreciate the warm welcome. And yes, being even more active to protect our rights is something I am looking forward to doing. I attended a rally in Seattle against I594 before it passed. My legs and torso even made the photo in the paper of the event. I've donated to WAC and placed a bunch of their No I594 signs around my general area. Speaking to elected officials and communicating my stance is something I want to really ratchet up now I'm not a green card.

One thing I have been doing for years now is actively inviting "on the fence" people to come shooting with me. I feel this is very important. There are a handful of people I know from friends to coworkers who went from not interested in guns really to showing me the latest PSA Daily Deal on their phone and wanting my opinion of it. All from one range outing. Take people shooting! I shoot out in public land at least once a month and have been since 2014'ish onward. I have not shot in an indoor range since I was a child. Before 2013 I was Gun Dumb. The friends I grew up with, we just weren't into guns. Then I got into wheeling and met new friends. They were into guns.

"Hey Mike, I've got my Glock. Wanna put some rounds down range at the pit on the way back down (from the trails)?" "You've never shot an AR before? Do you want to?"

I was hooked. That coupled with the fact that the PRO gun side of the argument I was now getting was based in facts, logic and statistics devoid of irrational emotional pollution and here I am FIRMLY pro gun. It all started for me with "do you want to try? Here, I'll show you."

toys in the toybox wrote:
Ever run into a guy named count out there in elbe ?? he has a pretty trick toyota with exo cage ( pretty trick with super mods but looks like she gets used)

Count? Like... Chocula? There are some different folk out Elbe way but I've never run into a guy in a yota dressed as a vampire promoting breakfast cereal. The Brass Tweakers might come close on occasion. I do know a Chance?

Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Great lessons!

Chocula?

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:24 pm

I don't really photo or film while I'm out wheelin so I don't have much to share. That said, I sometimes make appearances in other people's videos. Seeing as the main thing that had me looking at this particular forum was searching for New Years Day Shoots here is a glimpse of how I usually spend my New Years Eves.

I don't show up until 2:40 into the video when you first see my lights and hear me coming. I wait for a minute to see what Franco does, then employ a passing maneuver. My rig was still on 39s in this video. Current tires are 42s. Stock 1996 Grand Cherokee 5.2 drive train for those wondering. Took my last emissions test in Auburn 6 months ago. Plated, tabbed and liability only insured.

Hope the video works.

I daily drive another 1996 Grand Cherokee, all stock. I am kinda particular to 96-98 ZJs. :thumbsup2:

Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:35 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Good to see you on here Mike. I just put new tires on my yoter and need to go hit the woods soon.

See ya, Choppy!

Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:53 pm

Old Growth wrote:
Good to see you on here Mike. I just put new tires on my yoter and need to go hit the woods soon.

See ya, Choppy!

Hey dude! Awesome. I'll be at Elbe July 12th, 13th and 14th for the work party. Been awhile dude. :thumbsup2:

Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:58 pm
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next