Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:08 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

If a deal has an expiration date, please include that in your thread title!

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Home Depot paint and stain rebates 

Just saw this in my emails..... $10 off gallons and $40 off 3&5 gallons....
https://www.homedepot.com/c/Paint_offer ... RebateInfo

I was/am getting ready to replace a few boards on the deck and was deciding whether to stain this year..... $40 off a 5 gallon just made up my mind ---- a $90 bucket just became $50.

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....
Do I go with the majority or common sense?

Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:38 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Lowe’s is doing the same thing. Just bought 20 gallons of valspar exterior. Was 190 a bucket. 19 bucks off each for military, then a 45 dollar mail in for each one. Comes out to about 145 per bucket after tax.

"I'm Hub McCann. I've fought in two World Wars and countless smaller ones on three continents. I led thousands of men into battle with everything from horses and swords to artillery and TANKS! I've seen the headwaters of the Nile, and tribes of natives no white man had ever seen before. I've won and lost a dozen fortunes, KILLED MANY MEN! And loved only one woman, with a passion a FLEA like you could never begin to understand. That's who I am. NOW, GO HOME, BOY!"

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones". Albert Einstein 1947

Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:16 pm

I'm feeling kinda of lucky since I was in HD last week trying to get some replacement boards for the deck.... their stock was pretty well picked over and all that was left was crap wood --- figured I'd wait until a new shipment came in.... looked for a 5 gal bucket of stain --- none in stock. Things worked out for the better --- 2x6 cedar on on sale this week and stain $40 off -- cool.

On an off note.... I've been using Flood CWF on my decks --- I know its not the best stuff, but its half the price of everything else.... From what I've seen from all the neighbors that use the expensive stuff, it doesn't seem to last any longer than the cheap stuff, given similar sun exposure --- It all needs to be reapplied every 2 years, 3 years max with 'heavy' sun exposure. I've used the 'clear' on the cedar since I built the deck in 2006... let it go a little too long without staining, so its looking a kinda crappy.... gonna clean it up and use some 'cedar' tone to darken it up and hoping the pigment will add some more protection. I've used the 'cedar' tone on the back deck and its been holding up REALLY good, but it doesn't get the scorching sun that the other deck gets.

Not really looking forward to staining 800+ feet of deck and 100+ feet of railings, but this sale is too good to pass on... I figure with 5 gallons I can soak the boards really well and not feel too bad about it.

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....
Do I go with the majority or common sense?

Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:09 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This is timely...I spent the afternoon replacing deck boards, and the wife and I were just talking about going to Home Depot tomorrow to look at stain! Thanks for the heads-up.

Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]