Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:18 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 PM inbox cleanup is cumbersome 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If possible a few tweaks are needed to the PM system.

Ever try to clean out your inbox? Hassle. It's a multiple step process that can be streamlined to make it easier. Here's how I'd change it.

1. All PMs on one page option. Pages of PMs that move around when you delete is a hassle.
2. Eliminate the verification screen. Yes, I do want to delete these, hence why I went thru the prior steps of selecting each of them, and clicking delete.
3. Allow messages to be deleted from the screen in which you are actually reading the message. If it exists I cannot find the button. Should be a delete button. (Edited: I located the delete button, a tiny little "X" in the top right corner of the message, but get rid of the verification message please.)
4. Also, an option to highlight/star whatever PMs you want to keep and not accidentally delete.

Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:36 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Good suggestions LC. :thumbsup2: I agree it is cumbersome.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:59 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My complaint is it goes back to page one even if you delete a PM from page 6, it should just go to the next PM. I was about do a post just like this. My inbox is always full because it takes so long to clean out messages.

"I'm Hub McCann. I've fought in two World Wars and countless smaller ones on three continents. I led thousands of men into battle with everything from horses and swords to artillery and TANKS! I've seen the headwaters of the Nile, and tribes of natives no white man had ever seen before. I've won and lost a dozen fortunes, KILLED MANY MEN! And loved only one woman, with a passion a FLEA like you could never begin to understand. That's who I am. NOW, GO HOME, BOY!"

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones". Albert Einstein 1947

Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:13 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Why delete PMs?

Once you hit your limit, it will automatically delete the oldest one when a new one comes in. You never need to manually delete a PM.

And if you have some that you want to save, go to "Rules, folders & settings" and create folders, and move those PMs to folders.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:20 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]