Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:13 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 o 

Post o
:/

Last edited by DADS COLLECTION on Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:03 am, edited 4 times in total.

Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:41 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome to the site!

I hope your excess inventory sells quickly. You might also consider consignment at a few gun shops if they don't sell here. Pantel Tactical, Federal Way Discount Guns, Pintos, etc.

Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:52 am

:)

Last edited by DADS COLLECTION on Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:45 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

DADS COLLECTION wrote:
He would roll over in his grave grab a paddle and spank my bottom if he knew i was putting any weapon of his through a gun shop counter. :)

:ROFLMAO:

Welcome to WaGuns!

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:53 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

DADS COLLECTION wrote:
thanks much, However, i learned long ago not to ever use stores. He would roll over in his grave grab a paddle and spank my bottom if he knew i was putting any weapon of his through a gun shop counter. :)

Because you can sell them for more on the open market? I helped someone go through the same thing recently, and their prices were way off selling on their own to individuals, losing several thousand dollars. It really depends on the gun shop, which is why my list was very limited.

Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:38 pm
Site Moderator / In Memoriam
Site Moderator / In Memoriam

welcomewgo

Good Luck on your sale.

cootduster

I'm not old.

I'm just no longer young !!!

Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:04 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

mmalleck wrote:
DADS COLLECTION wrote:
thanks much, However, i learned long ago not to ever use stores. He would roll over in his grave grab a paddle and spank my bottom if he knew i was putting any weapon of his through a gun shop counter. :)

Because you can sell them for more on the open market? I helped someone go through the same thing recently, and their prices were way off selling on their own to individuals, losing several thousand dollars. It really depends on the gun shop, which is why my list was very limited.

There is NO, I repeat NO gunshop on this planet that is going to give you THOUSANDS more for your guns than the private party market will.

If the seller does not research/effort and GIVES them away for too cheap, then thats the sellers problem. A decent seller will ask for market value or a little less if looking for a faster sale. ANY gunshop is not even going to pay HALF of appraised value on a good day.

Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:11 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Old Growth wrote:
mmalleck wrote:
DADS COLLECTION wrote:
and

There is NO, I repeat NO gunshop on this planet that is going to give you THOUSANDS more for your guns than the private party market will.

If the seller does not research/effort and GIVES them away for too cheap, then thats the sellers problem. A decent seller will ask for market value or a little less if looking for a faster sale. ANY gunshop is not even going to pay HALF of appraised value on a good day.

Although that is true, mMalleck knows one hell of a lot about buying guns, and I would give his opinions credence.

Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:06 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Old Growth wrote:
mmalleck wrote:
DADS COLLECTION wrote:

I wasn't suggesting selling the guns to a gunshop. That would be stupid, and much like a pawn shop experience. What I suggested was selling on consignment, which is typically 10-15% of the selling price. On consignment, you set the price, and the gun shop will call with any offers for your approval.

The original poster said they weren't comfortable meeting a bunch of strangers, so put that aspect on the gun store for a small fee.

For pricing, I would suggest looking at past auctions on Gunbroker, and investing in this book if you have a lot of firearms that are harder to put a value on.
https://www.amazon.com/40th-Blue-Book-G ... oks&sr=1-1

DADS COLLECTION: I have the 39th edition of the Blue Book of Gun Values, just send me a PM if you want me to look something up. Or, you appear close enough to me, I'd just let you borrow it.

Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:44 pm
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

DADS COLLECTION wrote:
Hello to you all, I've lived in Washington permanently to Seattle about 30 years ago. Was raised in Alaska living on the Shumagin Islands on the Aleutian chain a tiny island called Popof Island, population about 600 back then and still not a 1000 today.
While wife and I do have a concealed weapons permit and enjoy our Second Amendment right to carry with our own collection and then my father's collection coming into my possession after his passing last year leaves me with just to many items now, a few doubles, and some items I just don't have any interest in anymore. The large game hunting rifles these sorts of things I'm going to be offloading in all honesty most of those have been taken by someone in Alaska, but there are still some things that I just can't even fit in both safes. I don't like taking them to stores to consign. All of dad's weapons are in absolute mint condition, always oiled and clean, blueing perfect barrel crowns perfect. I'm thinking the first thing I'll probably start out with is the biggest items like this 6.8 Barrett gas-operated fully dressed out with all kinds of furniture Magpul accessories AimPoint accessories the original AR-15 with lots of accessories Etc.. if I can get rid of some of these kinds of larger items first I will feel much better about letting the little stuff go. I'm mostly a concealed weapons carry kind of guy I've got some medium-sized rifles but I have no need for these large frame military-style rifles. They are pretty cool indeed. And I agree with my wife in this case, I just have no room for a third safe around here.
So as soon as I can figure out what to list first, I'll get a listing up, and then hopefully I can move through these items pretty quickly. and I don't have to meet a bunch of strangers in hopes that offloading some of the bigger items will go smoothly.

J Thomas

So....tick-tock, tick- tock...where is the listing?

Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:20 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]