Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:30 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Group buy on large capacity mags 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

what is the M118 mag vs regular? Are M3s really worth the cost over M2s?

Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:33 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

joao01 wrote:
what is the M118 mag vs regular? Are M3s really worth the cost over M2s?

The M118 is made with slightly larger inner dims to accommodate loads with an OAL > SAAMI spec (mostly the heavy bullets). If you're shooting factory-loaded 168gr or even 175gr, it's probably not necessary.

M3 is supposedly superior in terms of material (polymer is stronger than M2), but there is nothing wrong with the M2. I know some people have said that M2 is prone to expansion/distortion in extreme heat, and particularly the FDE for whatever reason, but I've never had issues with mine (black or FDE), and I've used the hell out of them (though not in 100+ degree heat).

Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guns4Liberty wrote:
Lanbos has some good prices on Magpul PMAGs right now, and not just 5.56:

https://lanbosarmory.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=3&sort=20a&filter_id=314&caliber=&alpha_filter_id=0

use code:FACEBOOK to get $5 off. 1 use per customer. orders over $100.

Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:45 pm

hkcavalier wrote:
AR15L wrote:
oldkim wrote:
So who is doing a group buy on large capacity mags?

Just asking for a friend...

Oh, who makes the best ones?

Are we talking .223 AR platform?

Whatever the weapon, stay away from ProMag.

True in most cases but not all. For instance their MKA 1919 mags rock, and for years were the only inexpensive 10 rd mags for this gun

Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:30 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yeah, high/large capacity means above standard to me. Drums and extendos. I would like to pick up an AK drum, Magpul drum, and even a Scorpion drum, but we just had some transients move into the woods near by, so I'm upping my security right now.

"A nation grown free in a single day is a child born with the limbs and the vigour of a man, who would take a drawn sword for his rattle, and set the house in a blaze that he might chuckle over the splendour." Sydney Smith (1771-1845)
Spoiler: show
NOW YOU DID IT...
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Benja455 wrote:
Anyone know an online retailer with a good price on Magpul 7.62/.308 magazines?

https://dkfirearms.com/product-category ... magazines/

Ordered from these guys a couple weeks ago, no issues. Little shop in Bowling Green, VA with an online storefront.

"Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm -- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves." – T.S. Eliot

"The right of self defence is the first law of nature: in most governments it has been the study of rulers to confine this right within the narrowest limits possible. Wherever standing armies are kept up, and the right of the people to keep and bear arms is, under any colour or pretext whatsoever, prohibited, liberty, if not already annihilated, is on the brink of destruction." - St. George Tucker

A careful definition of words would destroy half the agenda of the political left and scrutinizing evidence would destroy the other half. - Thomas Sowell

"To ban guns because criminals use them is to tell the innocent and law-abiding that their rights and liberties depend not on their own conduct, but on the conduct of the guilty and the lawless, and that the law will permit them to have only such rights and liberties as the lawless will allow...

For society does not control crime, ever, by forcing the law-abiding to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of criminals. Society controls crime by forcing the criminals to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of the law-abiding." - Jeff Snyder

Personal weapons are what raised mankind out of the mud, and the rifle is the queen of personal weapons. The possession of a good rifle, as well as the skill to use it well, truly makes a man the monarch of all he surveys. It realizes the ancient dream of the Jovian thunderbolt, and as such it is the embodiment of personal power. For this reason it exercises a curious influence over the minds of most men, and in its best examples it constitutes an object of affection unmatched by any other inanimate object.

Jeff Cooper
1997 The Art of the Rifle Page 1.

SUGGEST CASE BE SUBMITTED ON APPELLANT'S BRIEF. UNABLE TO OBTAIN ANY MONEY FROM CLIENTS TO BE PRESENT & ARGUE BRIEF.

The defense attorney's telegram to the clerk of the Supreme Court, March 29, 1939, in re United States. v. Miller.

You don't need to go to Law School to understand the constitutional implications of that.

“You can’t cut the throat of every cocksucker whose character it would improve.”
cityslicker wrote:
I don't want to be told that I can't remove the tree by some tree-hugging pole smoker from the eat-a-dick foundation/Olympia/King County.

Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:13 am
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2