Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 The WeenieWagun... 
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

jukk0u wrote:
NWGunner wrote:
Sinus211 wrote:
Check out Rusty Rack Co in Fife. I bought a used Uline locker set (2 high x 3 wide) for my work van for $100 otd. Rivet in some L channel for shelf brackets and you have a closet, food storage, and other misc storage in a lightweight aluminum frame. And it’s lockable with pad locks in case you’re worried about basic security.

Could be a very viable overall storage solution for your space.

Rusty Rack?

Sounds like jukk's dating profile... ISO of compatible Rusty Rack, no strings....:bigsmile:

Seriously, sounds like a great place to check out :thumbsup2:

Mike, is that place in Pacific?

Could be. South of SeaTac is all Mexico to me

Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:10 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

There's a lady on his facebook page (the part I could see) that told a long story about that guy. Said she had some PET goats that he and his wife were going to adopt, but they took the goats straight from her house to the feed lot and SOLD them! icon_eek

Jerry Eck.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:
NWGunner wrote:
Sinus211 wrote:
Check out Rusty Rack Co in Fife. I bought a used Uline locker set (2 high x 3 wide) for my work van for $100 otd. Rivet in some L channel for shelf brackets and you have a closet, food storage, and other misc storage in a lightweight aluminum frame. And it’s lockable with pad locks in case you’re worried about basic security.

Rusty Rack?

Sounds like jukk's dating profile... ISO of compatible Rusty Rack, no strings....:bigsmile:

Seriously, sounds like a great place to check out :thumbsup2:

More like "Rusty Zipper"....

Mike, is that place in Pacific?
There's an interesting post on the RustyRackGuys facebook page about some goats (I bet that made Joshua sit up - wha? did someone say "goats"?)

You saying you need to wear a diaper?

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sinus211 wrote:

I was thinking lockers too. I will definitely check them out.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:06 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So, I think I may have killed a couple birds with one stone...but I need some input.

I need storage, I need a table to work on, or even eat on, AND I need steps to the overhang sleeping area that will double as stairs to roof access...

I have 2 storage boxes, aluminum, that go in the bed of a truck. One has wings, designed to mount on the bedrail, one doesn't, designed to be mounted in the bed..

So, I can mount the one without the wings on rails (?) on the floor, like a big sliding drawer... Then use 4x4s to mount the one with wings above it....

I can pull tbe bottom one out, and access stuff in there easily... and I can also access the stuff in the top one, but I can also use the bottom one as a bench to sit on when working/eating/whatever and using the top one as a table...

Now....

Where do I get slides that can hold 1000lbs? Ideas on how to mount it? I don't wanna do rollers because I'd have a track sticking in the middle of the walkway... Thoughts?

FYI, the floor is stainless diamond plate, and the Al box is.. Al diamond plate, so just sliding it across the floor isn't gonna work....

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:56 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

You just need heavy duty glides / slides.
http://www.slim-track.com/documents/HD2B2.pdf

They key is getting them lined up and indexed right so they don't bind when using multiple.

Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:59 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
You just need heavy duty glides / slides.
http://www.slim-track.com/documents/HD2B2.pdf

The key is getting them lined up and indexed right so they don't bind when using multiple.

Yup.

Plus... You are going to have to reinforce the lid on that bottom box if you are going to be sitting on it.

BOTH of them, if you are going to be using them as steps to the sleeping area.

They may seem sturdy, but take my word for it, 300 pounds or more, WILL bow them.

Lastly, sitting on that bottom box at the height those boxes are, means you are going to have to be flexing your legs/knees in ways that are going to get very uncomfortable if you sit there for long.

You might want to sit down somewhere comfortable. Then use a tape measure to measure up from the floor, to the top inside of your knee.

Then install that bottom one at a height that brings the top of the box, plus whatever padding you are going to use, (Squished. Not full height on the padding.), to the measurement you just found.

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:20 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://www.ammoland.com/2019/03/plano- ... z5iualy2Sz

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:10 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So... A lowboy is on its way to pick up the WeenieWagun...

I couldn't afford fuel, and having to move it every day meant $100 in just fuel... and having a truck with no fuel that would get towed if it ran out, and no way to pay the tow bill, meant either I got rid of it or someone would get rid of it for me....

I almost doubled my money, and I'll have a bit of money to do something else.

So far, looking for a 931 with an M109 box.... because it's 20', a standard parking spot. 932 is 22'...so,still doable.

I had both lined up, then got a guy to buy my truck..... then the dude backed out and said he wasn't selling the 931 and the 109 he had was trashed.

So, I'm gonna have some money in my bank account, but no comfortable place to live.

I'm sure I'll find something...

for reference..

Attachment:
20131213_122716_68224.jpg

Attachment:
20131213_122716_145475.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thomas Paine wrote:

Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:52 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Maybe look at your current situation and put your "WANTS" on hold and focus on your "NEEDS".

A smaller motorhome with a small block power plant would be cheaper to buy and use daily.

Or maybe a camp trailer you could pull with your chev.

Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:02 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

That sucks, TW. I know your trucks are important to you. :crybaby:

With that said, though, I agree with the basics of what Old Growth said. If you need another vehicle, buy one that's practical. Get back on your feet, get a home to live in, and then buy as many trucks as you want.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:30 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Old Growth wrote:
Maybe look at your current situation and put your "WANTS" on hold and focus on your "NEEDS".

A smaller motorhome with a small block power plant would be cheaper to buy and use daily.

Or maybe a camp trailer you could pull with your chev.
MadPick wrote:
That sucks, TW. I know your trucks are important to you. :crybaby:

With that said, though, I agree with the basics of what Old Growth said. If you need another vehicle, buy one that's practical. Get back on your feet, get a home to live in, and then buy as many trucks as you want.

What they said. Plus 1000

Do justice. Love mercy.

Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:37 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The idea was to fix this to live in

But.

1. No cash flow = zero work able to be done.
2. No fuel = no go
3. Can't fit in a normal parking spot. When towing my truck I'm @ 60', that's tractor trailer length.

I'm not gonna lie... I sat in it last night and cried. I've never really been attached to a vehicle before this one.... it's kept me safe and protected from the elements for over a year.. I keep telling myself it's a logical decision but I feel like I'm giving away a a puppy because I can't afford it. you know you're doing the right thing but it still sucks.

I'm not sure how I'm gonna sleep in the back of my maintenance truck... The poo box that Scott made me has been invaluable... and I intend on keeping that, but I can't use it in the maintenance truck, no room. No insulation. I don't want an RV/camper and be 'one of those people'...

Thomas Paine wrote:

Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:55 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

maybe you can be a campground host

Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:01 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:
I don't WANT an RV/camper and be 'one of those people'...

Life is full of wants and needs, it will be better/faster if you focus on the NEEDS. Wants come after needs.

Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next