Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:50 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 "Tool Guy" Estate Sale... I need a Kleenex.. 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

STED9R wrote:
Fuck all you vultures, when I go, don't show up at my house, as my beautiful wife has zero clue what any of it's worth and will sell my entire life for pennies......
Let's not get into my vulture of a son that is talking of having all my weapons and reloading supplies when I go. If I die early, he did it...

Know the feeling. My wife claims she's having a garage sale with every item costing $1. Whether it's a screwdriver, planer,boat, gun,welder, ATV, ...$1 each. Claims if she sells 10% of my goodies she'll be set for the rest of her days. As previously stated above, let's not even get into my bean counting, CPA, high soaring vulture, darling son. He did it for sure.

So, when does that "Old enough to know better" shit kick in???
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Last edited by Traut on Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:13 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I always tell the wife, "Im going to miss the best estate sale EVER!"

But it should pay her very well.

Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:42 am
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

Designated beneficiaries.

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms/

Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:57 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

dreadi wrote:
Designated beneficiaries.

Pablo, Dreadi, Cakemaster, etc.....you know. Friends. :bigsmile:

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:06 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

STED9R wrote:
This is something I fear and have nightmares over.
As a wrench of over 40 years, I've amassed just north of $60k worth of tools, that's Snap-On tools and not counting all the various shit I bought for working on the house, welders, saws, router's, jack's etc, just tools that fit into tool boxes.
My nightmares are some sleaze ball buying a gently used $600 torque wrench for $20, or a unused $400 Snap-On buffer/grinder (bought 2 in case one broke, 10 year's ago) for $5, or the half dozen scanners that I update new every few years.
I don't think I have enough non Snap-On tools to fit in a shoe box except for a few specialty items like a $1400 rivet gun or machinist tap/dies.
Fuck, that shit keeps me up at night.
Fuck all you vultures, when I go, don't show up at my house, as my beautiful wife has zero clue what any of it's worth and will sell my entire life for pennies......
Let's not get into my vulture of a son that is talking of having all my weapons and reloading supplies when I go. If I die early, he did it...

Those are my worries to sir.
My Son wants my classic rock and roll vinyl, tools, guns & ammo, truck, camper badly, so same thing, if I go early, he had something to do with it. LOL

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Every gun I am thinking of buying, my son passes judgement on, knowing he inherits them all. He always recommends i buy the expensive ones.

Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:35 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Arisaka wrote:
Every gun I am thinking of buying, my son passes judgement on, knowing he inherits them all. He always recommends i buy the expensive ones.

I don't ask the Wife, the Kids, or anybody else when i buy a Firearm. I buy whatever the Fuck i want and make no excuses.

After i am dead? They do me no good and beyond NFA stuff they can work it out.

If they can't? There are provisions for that. Don't fuck with dad, even when he's gone.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:46 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Last edited by CQBgopher on Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:50 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Arisaka wrote:

Tell him all your guns go into a 'trust', administered by Waguns, upon your leave...

The trust funds the shooting sports for future generations... icon_eek

Maybe he won't be so antsy, and then Steve and Dan get to worry about his "interest" :thumbsup2:

Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

dan360 wrote:
My dad has so much stuff that when he goes, I just hope my mom calls me before she sells it for what he told her he paid for it.....

I was a bit peeved at my mom this last trip back. She had found a couple trunks of stuff that was my dad's dad and just gave it to the plumber that was over there working

I never met that granddad as he died a few months before I was born. He was poor and couldn't afford much so I know what was in those two trunks wasn't worth anything. All of his tools that I have were probably thrown away by someone else. They all had handles made from the same white broomstick. As nostalgic as I am, tools need to work so I've replaced the broomstick with real handles on a few hammers and use them regularly (Actually used one today to put the front main seal on my Peterbilt)

Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RocketScott wrote:
dan360 wrote:
My dad has so much stuff that when he goes, I just hope my mom calls me before she sells it for what he told her he paid for it.....

I was a bit peeved at my mom this last trip back. She had found a couple trunks of stuff that was my dad's dad and just gave it to the plumber that was over there working

I never met that granddad as he died a few months before I was born. He was poor and couldn't afford much so I know what was in those two trunks wasn't worth anything. All of his tools that I have were probably thrown away by someone else. They all had handles made from the same white broomstick. As nostalgic as I am, tools need to work so I've replaced the broomstick with real handles on a few hammers and use them regularly (Actually used one today to put the front main seal on my Peterbilt)

My grandfather was quite the duck hunter. Had an H&H bespoke shotty and some other nice ones too, which I can't remember as well as deer rifles and pistols (H&K P7 and the like)...

When he died, Gramma went a little crazy just getting rid of his stuff so it wouldn't be around to "remind her" of her loss...

Gave away all of his guns to swabbies and officers at Naval Station Bremerton. Don't know what happend to his boat and all his fishing gear either.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:00 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Lots of cool stuff. I want the blue tractor...

https://www.estatesale.com/sales/view/2 ... ecb699#gal

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

FJB

Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:31 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wish I had some bucks. This sounds like it will be good. Better get there earrrrrrrrrrrrly.

https://www.estatesale.com/sales/view/3 ... 73fd8b1f83

FJB

Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:

This says it was back in 2019...

Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:22 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NWGunner wrote:
jukk0u wrote:

This says it was back in 2019...
Yes, but the one he posted an hour ago is this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next