Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:31 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Meet up to shoot? 

Hey all,

I'm not a washington native and get a little overwhelmed trying to comb through the threads here myself to sus out a spot where I can go and shoot without paying through the nose at a range. I moved here from rural Montana in 2012 and haven't gone shooting since then, so I'm admittedly a little rusty. Im currently in Auburn if that helps at all. I recently purchased a .45 which I've yet to take shooting, and though its a cheapo, I'd still like to get familiar with it before I start expanding to bigger and better firearms. So the real question is if someone would be willing to meet up and show me a spot where I can get away from the hustle and bustle of the city for a moment and fire some rounds.

Thanks in advance ya'll.

Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:06 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Welcome to WaGuns, Malachi!

While it may seem that you're "paying through the nose" at a local range, I think it's worth it. Given the area where most of us live, running out to the forest isn't practical for most of us. I personally think it's worth it to be a member of a range, and be able to go anytime you want. Even if you just go as a non-member and pay $10-15, you'll generally save at least that much because you're not driving an hour or more to get out to the boonies.

But with that said . . . you asked for boonies, so I'll answer that question. :bigsmile: My suggestion for you would be the Greenwater area.

Do this:

- Go to the top of the WaGuns web page (the full, non-mobile page)
- Click on the "MAPS Shooting Areas" box in the center, between the WaGuns logo and the top ad banner
- At the top right corner of the map that opens, click the square that will allow you to "View larger map"
- In the map window that opens, click the search magnifying glass in the upper left corner, and search for Greenwater.

Greenwater is in the national forest. There's a large shooting area right where the map indicates; you probably won't be alone there ("peace and quiet" is damned hard to find). Bring your own target, be safe, and please clean up any garbage including shot-up targets. You get extra points if you take a trash bag or two, and haul out other people's garbage too . . . we regularly do cleanups in those area, because of the assholes that our public lands like the public dump.

The shooting areas map will obviously show you other spots as well, so you can check those out too.

:wagwoot:

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:50 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Or I can just make it super easy to post the google link location for the upper pit at Greenwater...

https://maps.app.goo.gl/qefacWbgZRFor3757

We were just here on Saturday and had a blast, so to speak.

Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:28 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wait three months and come eat, I mean shoot with us at the New Years day shoot at Evergreen!

Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:24 pm

I defintiely would love to come to the New Years shoot! I'll try to plan around that. And thanks guys for the advice on Greenwater! I'll look into that for sure. I'm still open to going with someone if anyones taking a trip up there anytime soon! As rusty as I am it wouldn't be a bad idea to have someone with more experience on hand.

Thanks again guys! You're all great.

Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:57 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Malachiewing wrote:
I defintiely would love to come to the New Years shoot! I'll try to plan around that. And thanks guys for the advice on Greenwater! I'll look into that for sure. I'm still open to going with someone if anyones taking a trip up there anytime soon! As rusty as I am it wouldn't be a bad idea to have someone with more experience on hand.

Thanks again guys! You're all great.

Here in the next few months I will be taking a Weekday trip up there with a fellow co-worker, so i will let you know and see if we can link up and head up together, just waiting for work to slow down a little.

Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:32 am

Awesome!

Look forward to it Zombie!

-Malachi

Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:18 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If youvwant to take a drive a little north you can go eith me and my grandson. This coming weekend is busy for me, but the following weekend would work out. We will probanly go Saturday mid afternoon and spend the night up in the mountains and shoot again on Sunday. I have two single shot 243 rifles I need to shoot some ladder loads in.
I live in Arlington and go shooting up in Darrington.

Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:06 pm

DoveRelease wrote:
If youvwant to take a drive a little north you can go eith me and my grandson. This coming weekend is busy for me, but the following weekend would work out. We will probanly go Saturday mid afternoon and spend the night up in the mountains and shoot again on Sunday. I have two single shot 243 rifles I need to shoot some ladder loads in.
I live in Arlington and go shooting up in Darrington.

Awesome! I could probably do that! Let me know for sure if you're going and we'll work something out!!!

Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:55 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]