Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:01 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 28595 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1305, 1306, 1307, 1308, 1309, 1310, 1311 ... 1907  Next
 What has pissed you off today? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Went to Kenmore Range on Saturday to zero my new scope. RSO decides he wants to look at my ammo and proceeds to pull a round from my ammo box without asking. WTF - my response is "yes, I'm shooting 300WM is there an issue?". He's says nothing and walks away. He then proceeds to tell everyone on the range not to sit next to me because I'm shooting 300WM. Yes, I'm that guy. BTW - zeroed at 50yds with 3-shots without the silencer and move to 100yds with the silencer for another 10-shots.

I decide to turn off my headset for the rest of the range session and mind my own business.

Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:12 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

BlDtyLry wrote:
Went to Kenmore Range on Saturday to zero my new scope. RSO decides he wants to look at my ammo and proceeds to pull a round from my ammo box without asking. WTF - my response is "yes, I'm shooting 300WM is there an issue?". He's says nothing and walks away. He then proceeds to tell everyone on the range not to sit next to me because I'm shooting 300WM. Yes, I'm that guy. BTW - zeroed at 50yds with 3-shots without the silencer and move to 100yds with the silencer for another 10-shots.

I decide to turn off my headset for the rest of the range session and mind my own business.

Yes, but did he ask you where you came from, and where you were going? :wink05:

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:18 am

Not today, but last night...... I was making some cornbread and found a jalapeno pepper that has been in the fridge for about the last 3 weeks.... it was a left over from the last time I made cornbread... I was kinda mad at myself for not using both pepper back then since the one I used was pretty weak. I was expecting this one to be just as weak.... I was debating about using all of it to kick the heat up, but when I cut into it, I could tell there was much more heat in this one, so I scraped the seeds and the placenta out and chopped it up. Rinsed my hands, went and took a pee and proceeded to mix up the cornbread mix. As I was standing there mixing the batter, I could feel this warm tingling sensation on my junk.... it grew more painful as the seconds ticked away and I was trying to figure out what the hell was going on!?!?!?!?! Then it finally occurred to me what had happened.... pepper juice to the nads!!!! Spent 15 minutes washing my junk hoping the pain would end.... after ~ 20 minutes the pain finally subsided. An important life lesson was just learned.... wash your hands WELL after cutting hot peppers.

To add insult to injury, I didn't notice that the cornbread mix pack I used was 1+ years out of date, so all I ended up with was a brick of cornmeal with jalapenos in it.... one bite was enough to convince me to throw it in the trash.

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....
Do I go with the majority or common sense?

Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:35 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

JohnMBrowning wrote:
Not today, but last night...... I was making some cornbread and found a jalapeno pepper that has been in the fridge for about the last 3 weeks.... it was a left over from the last time I made cornbread... I was kinda mad at myself for not using both pepper back then since the one I used was pretty weak. I was expecting this one to be just as weak.... I was debating about using all of it to kick the heat up, but when I cut into it, I could tell there was much more heat in this one, so I scraped the seeds and the placenta out and chopped it up. Rinsed my hands, went and took a pee and proceeded to mix up the cornbread mix. As I was standing there mixing the batter, I could feel this warm tingling sensation on my junk.... it grew more painful as the seconds ticked away and I was trying to figure out what the hell was going on!?!?!?!?! Then it finally occurred to me what had happened.... pepper juice to the nads!!!! Spent 15 minutes washing my junk hoping the pain would end.... after ~ 20 minutes the pain finally subsided. An important life lesson was just learned.... wash your hands WELL after cutting hot peppers.

To add insult to injury, I didn't notice that the cornbread mix pack I used was 1+ years out of date, so all I ended up with was a brick of cornmeal with jalapenos in it.... one bite was enough to convince me to throw it in the trash.

Recap: your junk was burning and was hard enough to throw away. :rofl9:

Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:28 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

AR15L wrote:
JohnMBrowning wrote:

Recap: your junk was burning and was hard enough to throw away. :rofl9:

Needs more lotion!!!! :bigsmile: :ROFLMAO:

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:39 pm
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

Stupid FFL's who should not be licensed. Sold a rifle out of state via Gun Broker. Customer tells me its his first time, I tell him I will walk him through it- no worries. He selects a pawn shop in a podunk little village in MS- fine...until the wonky idiot at the pawn shop decides to play "Show me yours before I show you mine" and THEN demands I call him to verify that I have a "true business" before he will transmit his FFL. Laughable, a pawn broker calling into doubt my business credentials. EFFF you, pal.

I told the customer to select a different FFL. The whole purpose of this entire exercise is for the sender to verify the firearm is being shipped to a licensee, NOT the other way around. Anyhow, customer finds a 2nd FFL who (shockingly) sends me an email with his FFL attached. See...wasn't that easy?

Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:21 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

JohnMBrowning wrote:

Should have just stirred the mix with your junk. Would have heated up the CB and cooled down your junk! Win-win.

BTW: you buy the mix? CB is easy to make. Just buy Albers corn meal, add flour and a few other things and you're good. Also, can make other stuff with it. Hell, I buy #50 sacks of corn meal from Honeyville for cheep

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:28 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I thought about putting this in the PSA section, but thought more people will want to read/commiserate what pisses people off. I heard someone in Shelton area is killing people's dogs and pets. Some lady recently had their dog poisoned, and her other was hacked up with a machete. So if you live in that area, or know of people, keep your pets inside and keep a watchful eye. It wasn't just a one off incident as others have dealt with it too. :angryfire: :angryfire:

Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:31 pm

Wetpaperbag wrote:
I thought about putting this in the PSA section, but thought more people will want to read/commiserate what pisses people off. I heard someone in Shelton area is killing people's dogs and pets. Some lady recently had their dog poisoned, and her other was hacked up with a machete. So if you live in that area, or know of people, keep your pets inside and keep a watchful eye. It wasn't just a one off incident as others have dealt with it too. :angryfire: :angryfire:

Serial killer in the making.

I'm going to type out 3 paragraphs and wax eloquently about a similar story in my life. Pm me if you figured it out.

Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:40 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Shelton gone to shit. So many drugged out garbage downtown and frequent stabbings. Terrible.

Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:31 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

SporkBoy wrote:
Shelton gone to shit. So many drugged out garbage downtown and frequent stabbings. Terrible.

Fuqers are ruining everything!!

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:49 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Window and door supplier.
Think I'm done with these guys (name rhymes with Inner Mounting Glass). Told door would ship in 30 day. Thirty days later I get word it will be twenty five more days.

Today *I* call THEM to get confirmation for tomorrow's delivery (shouldn't they be calling me?) and am told:

"Gee, well, hmmm.... Milgard's facility has had computer problems this whole week! They can't even use their phones.... but we just got some confirmations of orders (not mine) from the yesterday... but no word on your door....."

"Well, can you call them and find out then?"

"Well their phones have been down.. tell you what! I'll send them an email!"

[crickets]

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:39 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:
Window and door supplier.
Think I'm done with these guys (name rhymes with Inner Mounting Glass). Told door would ship in 30 day. Thirty days later I get word it will be twenty five more days.

Today *I* call THEM to get confirmation for tomorrow's delivery (shouldn't they be calling me?) and am told:

"Gee, well, hmmm.... Milgard's facility has had computer problems this whole week! They can't even use their phones.... but we just got some confirmations of orders (not mine) from the yesterday... but no word on your door....."

"Well, can you call them and find out then?"

"Well their phones have been down.. tell you what! I'll send them an email!"

[crickets]

I don't understand why you tolerate that shit. After the first 30 day screw up I'd be so far up in the sales VP's ass that he'd never forget my name and boot size. I show up in peoples offices and make it very personal

Evergreen Lumber is on the other side of the sound from you but they deliver all over. I've stuck with them for the past 15 years because of the service. I get great pricing but there's a certain value in not having to deal with BS. Nothing's perfect but I really hate getting smoke blown up my ass

Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:04 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wetpaperbag wrote:

I don't wish death on many people. But I hope that whoever finds this dude first makes sure he isn't found again.

zombie66 wrote:
Mikey is a Bossy Bottom.....

Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:59 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Watching the live stream about our lawmakers talking about the federal AWB... Fun times!

Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:30 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 28595 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1305, 1306, 1307, 1308, 1309, 1310, 1311 ... 1907  Next