Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:02 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Can China torpedo our economy? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The problem is one the Chinese created for themselves - they aren't trusted. For all of our faults, the US is the most trusted large country with respect to currency. To use the currency nuclear option, the Chinese would have to declare that ALL business done with their country relies on an alternate currency (theirs). The risk would be very great.

Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:35 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

All the WaGuns Sino-philes are currently out in their garages and gun rooms stroking their Primary Arms scopes and parts mumbling "My Precious" over and over, in reaction to this message, Mike.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:59 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

China needs us, worse than we need them. BUT I will watch the video later...........

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:02 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Since they own a fair amount of our debt if our economy tanks so does theirs.

Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:22 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It would be like shooting your self in the knee, thinking it’ll hurt the other guy more.

Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:39 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I cant eat gold, I cant run a truck on it, I cant feed my animals with it, I cant heat my home with it?

What is its REAL value/usefulness?

Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:52 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PMB wrote:
Old Growth wrote:
I cant eat gold, I cant run a truck on it, I cant feed my animals with it, I cant heat my home with it?

What is its REAL value/usefulness?

What is the REAL value of the US Dollar?

Heating your home and running your truck are real consequences should the USD as THE petro-dollar/currency erode further.

China has been engaged in this economic war while all of you were celebrating saving a nickle buying their shit. Buying up the debt was but a necessary part, and an acceptable cost for them to capture our economy. Like the pusher-man says: the first hit is free, kid.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:21 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You know how they got that gold? And that large chunk of US debt?

They printed money that had no backing whatsoever.

Not just that. But the amount they printed? More than there was TOTAL in all currencies worldwide, at the time. I think it was like twice the amount of all world currencies combined.

So, they pretty much just printed monopoly money, and the rest of the world happily accepted it, and sold itself off to china in exchange for it.

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:28 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

China has no credibility on the world stage. They think they do, because much of the west is using them as the cesspool for heavy industry and manfucturing at the expense of their own environment and people, and they’re all so greedy they barely notice, or care.

The rhetoric of the leadership and their economic saber rattling is being used by those with America Envy to cast a false narrative about the Chinese money overtaking the USD but it won’t happen.

I’ve been to China, seven times. Their entire post-CPC culture is that of scamming. Beyond their borders and within their own borders against their own people. It’s so common it’s almost laughable.

If they try to play economic war they will get crushed. They know it. But Wall Street et al runs on panic, fear and what if more than it does reality so they can play little games and get people to buy in.

Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

China uses fear based manipulation and social engineering in a way that makes Russia envious. Just like the whole Taiwan thing. Watch:

This guys has a bunch of good insightful videos on how China really is. He is a South African expat who lived in a China for almost 15 years.

Their younger generations are beginning to voice opposition toward the CPC regime but how long it will take to get the old, good China back, who knows.

Last edited by CQBgopher on Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:30 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PMB wrote:
I've never understood the arguments against taking a needed action that are based on pain, suffering or financial losses.

Before President Trump came along and upset their apple cart, China was on a path to turn our nation into a vassal state. I've seen/heard/read so many arguments against the "trade war" with China that have to do with how much extra $ it's costing individual families, or farmers, or any other small segment.
It's insanely simple... Continue on a path on which we are losing bigly, or take a few painful steps and get onto a winning or at least equitable path.

I came across this video this morning at 1st cup of tea time, which this morning was at 4:30am. Gah.
If China has 20,000 tons of gold and the means to implement a new cryptocurrency, is that enough to supplant the US petrodollar?

https://youtu.be/DgOthBngUq0

I've been concerned about our fiat currency since I was old enough to think on it, which was somewhere in my early teens. I was confident that it was going to implode to worthlessness in 2008ish, but it kept right on chugging away. There have been dire warnings from some mainstream and many fringe economists or wannabe economists all this time.

Is this 20,000 tons of gold enough for China to pull that Pearl Harbor on our economy like the guest in the video says?

Kitco sells what?

Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:31 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PMB wrote:

Everyone has a spin. I get it.

NOT saying they are wrong, just saying they would love a bull market in PM's.

Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:53 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

dan360 wrote:
China uses fear based manipulation and social engineering in a way that makes Russia envious. Just like the whole Taiwan thing. Watch:

This guys has a bunch of good insightful videos on how China really is. He is a South African expat who lived in a China for almost 15 years.

Hahaha I can relate. Meiyou? Mei wenti!!

Been to both many many times

Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:57 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Replace tourist with investor and think about the world stage.

Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next