Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:56 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 23226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1080, 1081, 1082, 1083, 1084, 1085, 1086 ... 1549  Next
 What has MADE your day today? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A month ago I brought home a mini excavator with a bad engine. Its a decent machine, brand new tracks, two buckets, hydro thumb etc. Hitachi EX40. 9000lb machine. I went to Hamilton Engine and got a brand new Isuzu (actually a Yanmar) for it. Ive spent almost every other night for the last month putting it in. The OEM engine is Japanese and not available in the states so the new Yanzu is a brand new USA model and was a little different.

I had to machine up a flywheel coupler adapter, new engine mounts, new throttle/pto cable mounts, new exhaust sytem and muffler, new intake/airbox plumbing, new wiring harness, new fuel system plumbing and flush etc, etc, etc,,,

Fired it up last night and broke in the cam at half throttle for 20 minutes. NO leaks, no problems. Fired it off and warmed it up and worked it two more times last night. Everything works as it should, no surprises. I am very relieved so far.

Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:06 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Old Growth wrote:
A month ago I brought home a mini excavator with a bad engine. Its a decent machine, brand new tracks, two buckets, hydro thumb etc. Hitachi EX40. 9000lb machine. I went to Hamilton Engine and got a brand new Isuzu (actually a Yanmar) for it. Ive spent almost every other night for the last month putting it in. The OEM engine is Japanese and not available in the states so the new Yanzu is a brand new USA model and was a little different.

I had to machine up a flywheel coupler adapter, new engine mounts, new throttle/pto cable mounts, new exhaust sytem and muffler, new intake/airbox plumbing, new wiring harness, new fuel system plumbing and flush etc, etc, etc,,,

Fired it up last night and broke in the cam at half throttle for 20 minutes. NO leaks, no problems. Fired it off and warmed it up and worked it two more times last night. Everything works as it should, no surprises. I am very relieved so far.

You gotta love it when all your hard work comes together and just works. Congrats!

Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:23 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Old Growth wrote:

And to think I was pretty stoked I fixed the bathroom towel rack last night. :bigsmile:

Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:05 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sinus211 wrote:
Old Growth wrote:

You gotta love it when all your hard work comes together and just works. Congrats!

Thanks! :thumbsup2:

I worked it some today and it has plenty of power. I was a little worried it would be to small, but it had no problem picking 20"+ by 17foot long doug fir logs and walking/traveling with them also. It wasnt even working that hard.

This little 40 should take a few hours off of the 160 doing the light work!

Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

L_O_G wrote:
Old Growth wrote:

And to think I was pretty stoked I fixed the bathroom towel rack last night. :bigsmile:

That reminds me, I still have to fix the hot water pipe that goes to the extra bathroom! It broke last winter and I just turned off the hot water valve to that bathroom! I always forget about it until the wife wants to give the dogs a bath, then I hear all about it!

(unhappy wife voice)- "You can fix machinery and rebuild cars and boats, but you cant fix the extra bathroom?"

:ROFLMAO:

Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:39 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

We have a new Republican in the ranks!

I took the wife down to USCIS Portland office today for something a little special.

SHE IS NOW A US CITIZEN! :party:

Passed the test and all sworn in. Happier than a pig in a corn pile.

Went back upstairs and got registered to vote. Wham, bam, thank you mam. :thumbsup2:

This is how is done folks. The proper way. I'm happy and she's really happy.

Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:39 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congrats Rick and Mrs Rick!

Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:44 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

AR15L wrote:

I took the wife down to USCIS Portland office today for something a little special.

Went back upstairs and got registered to vote. Wham, bam, thank you mam. :thumbsup2:

:party:

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:47 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

AR15L wrote:

Congratulations!!! :thumbsup2: :thumbsup2: :thumbsup2:

Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:49 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

AR15L wrote:

Awesomeness!!!!! Congratulations to the both of you!

Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:05 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Outstanding Rick! Happy for you guys.

So, when does that "Old enough to know better" shit kick in???
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:35 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks guys.
Do you know what it means to become a US citizen?
She was so happy she did cry a little.
I helped with the study book. Asked her the questions and she was getting 98+ right out of 100. EVERY TIME!
I really think we sometimes take it for granted.

Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:43 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Found out today a prototype I designed in 2010 has been picked up by a major supplier and will start pre production testing Q1 2020.

Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:09 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

AR15L wrote:
Thanks guys.
I helped with the study book. Asked her the questions and she was getting 98+ right out of 100. EVERY TIME!

:bow:

This is way cool.

Congratulations Mrs Rick!

Dood, She's awesome....

Now A US Citizen....

And at 95 lb she can still kick your ass. :ROFLMAO:

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

AR15L wrote:
Thanks guys.

Agreed.

There are a lot of legal immigrants, who did it the right way, who also don't care for much of the current undocumented immigrants.

My in-laws were on lists for years, had to have family come first & get established, had to have jobs lined-up, etc., ...

Both retired from Boeing, contributed much to the company, the state, and the Country, for over 30 years...

The only thing they take now, is the retirement they've earned. And as one who often takes them to their doctor's appointments, their coverage is far less than what the Dems are trying to trade for votes from people who aren't even here yet...

Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 23226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1080, 1081, 1082, 1083, 1084, 1085, 1086 ... 1549  Next