Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:33 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 23226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1081, 1082, 1083, 1084, 1085, 1086, 1087 ... 1549  Next
 What has MADE your day today? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

AR15L wrote:
We have a new Republican in the ranks!

I took the wife down to USCIS Portland office today for something a little special.

SHE IS NOW A US CITIZEN! :party:

Passed the test and all sworn in. Happier than a pig in a corn pile.

Went back upstairs and got registered to vote. Wham, bam, thank you mam. :thumbsup2:

This is how is done folks. The proper way. I'm happy and she's really happy.

:thumbsup2: :flag: :cheers2:

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:08 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

dan360 wrote:
Found out today a prototype I designed in 2010 has been picked up by a major supplier and will start pre production testing Q1 2020.

That’s pretty cool! Can you divulge anything about it? Hope you get something out of it.

Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:55 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

AR15L wrote:
Thanks guys.
Do you know what it means to become a US citizen?
She was so happy she did cry a little.
I helped with the study book. Asked her the questions and she was getting 98+ right out of 100. EVERY TIME!
I really think we sometimes take it for granted.

Right on. Indeed we do.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:11 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

dan360 wrote:
Found out today a prototype I designed in 2010 has been picked up by a major supplier and will start pre production testing Q1 2020.

It's HAPPENING?!?! :wagwoot:

Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:10 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Chains wrote:
dan360 wrote:

That’s pretty cool! Can you divulge anything about it? Hope you get something out of it.

Massivedesign wrote:
dan360 wrote:

Congrats bigly!! (It's a huge thing to get your ideas to production!)

Inquiring minds want to know... (In the right time.) :bigsmile:

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:33 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Our big leaf maples are pumping out the sap! Soon there will be delicious syrup!

Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:06 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Selador wrote:
Chains wrote:
dan360 wrote:

Massivedesign wrote:
dan360 wrote:

Cannot say what it is but:

1. Yes I have been paid (a little)
1a. If it makes it past pre production into production then I will get paid a LOT. Currently it's in alpha with the supplier, soon to be beta with a major manufacturer.
2. Yessir, it's happening!
3. Yessir it feels wonderful to have an idea picked up by a big name player; makes years of wondering "what if we do this instead of?" worth it. Always look for ways to reinvent the wheel. It's possible.

Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:16 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

dan360 wrote:
Selador wrote:
Chains wrote:
dan360 wrote:

Massivedesign wrote:
dan360 wrote:

1a. If it makes it past pre production into production then I will get paid a LOT. Currently it's in alpha with the supplier, soon to be beta with a major manufacturer.
3. Yessir it feels wonderful to have an idea picked up by a big name player; makes years of wondering "what if we do this instead of?" worth it. Always look for ways to reinvent the wheel. It's possible.

That’s awesome!

My kid went to work for a Wire/Fiber Optics mfg in the Midwest. They recognized his talent and took him on and are paying for his school to get his Masters in Electrical Engineering. One of the problematic items they use is a junction box that splits off co-axial from Fiber Optics in telecommunications applications. It had a weak point and they were constantly breaking. He redesigned it and took the idea to the owners. They loved it and patented the design. He knows he’ll get nothing from it money wise, but they credited him on the patent. He (and I) is ecstatic with that alone. Can’t imagine how you feel!

Congratulations and Best of Luck!

Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:40 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Chains wrote:
dan360 wrote:
Selador wrote:
Chains wrote:
dan360 wrote:

Massivedesign wrote:
dan360 wrote:

That’s awesome!

My kid went to work for a Wire/Fiber Optics mfg in the Midwest. They recognized his talent and took him on and are paying for his school to get his Masters in Electrical Engineering. One of the problematic items they use is a junction box that splits off co-axial from Fiber Optics in telecommunications applications. It had a weak point and they were constantly breaking. He redesigned it and took the idea to the owners. They loved it and patented the design. He knows he’ll get nothing from it money wise, but they credited him on the patent. He (and I) is ecstatic with that alone. Can’t imagine how you feel!

Congratulations and Best of Luck!

small world, mine is involving a very, very similar issue in an equally similar industry. He may not get 'paid' but could be eligible for a royalty, and with patent credit, pretty much a lifetime job at that company.

Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:50 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Montana State wins! 48-14 over the liberal arts school in Missoula.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by Wetpaperbag on Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:31 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That's the equivalent of WSU beating UW. Bozeman is pure liberal these days though.

Good job!

Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:31 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Our youngest son flies into SaN Diego at 630pm. Hes here for a week. That makes our day!
He will sleep on the blow up mattress in the 5th wheel while he is here but during Christmas he will stay at the "Orange Orchard" at my wifes brothers place in Fallbrook along with our other son 30 min away.

Here is her Brothers place in Fallbrook. Coolest place in the world!
https://sportsdad60.smugmug.com/Lanier-Orange-Orchard

Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:32 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sportsdad60 wrote:
That's the equivalent of WSU beating UW. Bozeman is pure liberal these days though.

Good job!

When I went there that wasn't the case. But that's right, you are the all hailed crowned king expert on all things Montana.

Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:46 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wetpaperbag wrote:
sportsdad60 wrote:

Good job!

When I went there that wasn't the case. But that's right, you are the all hailed crowned king expert on all things Montana.

Where did that come from?

Have you never moved someplace new, or took a new job, etc... And then repeated what you learned in that new place, or job?

Did it make you worthy of insult if someone disagreed with what you had newly learned?

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:38 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wetpaperbag wrote:
sportsdad60 wrote:

Good job!

Not ALL things MT, my hunting/fishing grounds since 1979 has been Ennis,MT, 40 miles SW of Bozeman. I've been a property owner in Ennis since 1992, since sold that 30 acres because of by-law changes that predominently-Californians changed once they landed on our landowners assc board. I still have family in Ennis.

Bozeman is a college town and like Missoula, they've (professors) have indoctrinated our youth with a slide to the left. Missoula and Bozeman are the reason MT have a democrat governor. That wasn't the case 20 years ago, both cities voted R.
Bozeman is in Gallatin county, and you can see the results of national elections over the years.
Here is 2016--> https://www.nytimes.com/elections/2016/results/montana
Here is 2008--> https://www.nytimes.com/elections/2008/ ... ntana.html
In 2000, Bozeman was still a red county.That is no longer the case today.
https://uselectionatlas.org/RESULTS/sta ... =0&elect=0

Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:39 am
Reply to topic   [ 23226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1081, 1082, 1083, 1084, 1085, 1086, 1087 ... 1549  Next