Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:12 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

Nothing contained in this section shall be construed as legal advice. All members and guests are advised to perform due diligence in regards to laws and legal actions.

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 WA State & Federal AR10 80% laws 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I want to build a couple long distance shooters. I have heard if you build a 80% lower for personal use and add a serial you are good to go.
I would like to know the laws on this. MAIN reason I want to buy now is this left radical legislature may ban them as these idiots here in Tacoma just passed the gun tax and the radical representative of my district is the #1 sick gun ban demonrat

Also I finally built my group buy JOE BOB billet lower. Finally after all this time I built a Pistol, 7.5" .300 blackout with flip up sights, a red dot and green laser with all Co-witness. Sweet little gun, Even doing some loading of 220 gr subsonic ammo... .I also bought 6 AR500 steel gongs to play & built a target stand to hold 4 or 6..

Long Holiday, going to bed, I will catch all in the morning.

Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:12 pm
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

Read the federal and state laws that pertain to making a firearm and then you will know the laws.

Making a firearm does not require it to have a unique identifier.

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms/

Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:04 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

THIS FORUM IS ABOUT FIREARM LAWS. It seems like every time I read the WA state they change them. I was at all the Tacoma "scum city council", gun tax meeting but they did what they wanted. I went to Marys for a 45 and found out even with my CCL I have to wait 10 days. Even with my NRA certified courses, basic pistol, PPITH, PPOTH & PPOTH Advanced, RSO certified I can still not buy a Ruger 10-22 RIFLE. WE HAVE TO GET REPUBLICANS elected as this bitch from Tacoma is going after 10 rd mag law NOW.
A link to the FIREARM LAWS would have done more that the ones to your sites, that I won't use.

Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:03 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Brian, the problem is that there is no single, clear "law" that tells you what you need to do. To answer your question would require a fair amount of research, probably through multiple laws.

We've had discussions on this before; did you try doing a search?

What dreadi said is correct, though: You can manufacture your own firearm (e.g., buy and machine an 80% lower) without adding a serial number.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:07 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
Brian, the problem is that there is no single, clear "law" that tells you what you need to do. To answer your question would require a fair amount of research, probably through multiple laws.

We've had discussions on this before; did you try doing a search?

What dreadi said is correct, though: You can manufacture your own firearm (e.g., buy and machine an 80% lower) without adding a serial number.

Just don’t try to sell it.

Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:20 pm

nitefire1 wrote:
THIS FORUM IS ABOUT FIREARM LAWS. It seems like every time I read the WA state they change them. I was at all the Tacoma "scum city council", gun tax meeting but they did what they wanted. I went to Marys for a 45 and found out even with my CCL I have to wait 10 days. Even with my NRA certified courses, basic pistol, PPITH, PPOTH & PPOTH Advanced, RSO certified I can still not buy a Ruger 10-22 RIFLE. WE HAVE TO GET REPUBLICANS elected as this bitch from Tacoma is going after 10 rd mag law NOW.
A link to the FIREARM LAWS would have done more that the ones to your sites, that I won't use.

You are correct. This is a forum about firearm laws. You didn't ask for any links to relevant laws and I'm sure that most people aren't interested in spoon feeding you information. This is same information that is available for everyone to read for themselves and is often mis-represented, mis-understood, mis-quoted, by those that have read them. It is vitally important that you read them for yourself.

I did give you pertinent information that is relevant to what you said that you heard, and it appears to me that you don't have any appreciation for what I did there. That reinforces my disinterest in spoon feeding information to you. Also, with all your certifications you're not able to buy a Ruger 10-22....your certifications have nothing to do with your ability to buy that firearm. So I am confused by your statement.

Do you have some specific questions about specific topics concerning firearms? The majority of people here are friendly, inviting, and helpful. We often have spirited discussions about laws, what applies and what doesn't apply, and seek to help each other out. One aspect of understanding laws that I often question people on and state is, read the laws. However, you didn't ask any questions. There is not one "?" in any of your posts in this thread so far.

How long ago did you find out that there is a minimum 10 business waiting period to purchase a pistol?

Lastly, my links are part of my automatic signature.

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms/

Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:00 pm
Profile WWW

Were you sleeping when the free course was offered here online? I took it is a few minutes.

Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:22 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
What dreadi said is correct, though: You can manufacture* your own firearm (e.g., buy and machine an 80% lower) without adding a serial number.

*make

He can make his own firearm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:37 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

hartcreek wrote:
Were you sleeping when the free course was offered here online? I took it is a few minutes.

To clarify, that’s the class to meet 1639 requirements to buy a semi-auto rifle.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:03 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]