Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:26 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 673 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 45  Next
 Good cop / bad cop 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Deputy Accidentally Shoots Suspect's Mother.

Oh God. So many issues.

Dude was drunk.. She escalated things instead of waiting for backup, things ended up getting minorly physical, ie pushing... dipshit pulls her gun and shoots the mom who is telling her son to calm down... as her unarmed son is walking towards the deputy... who the fuck trained this idiot.. she can't even holster her weapon or handcuff the guy,

incident unfolds around 8:00

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:

Deputy accidentally Shoots Suspect's Mother.

Oh God. So many issues.

Dude was drunk.. She escalated things instead of waiting for backup, things ended up getting minorly physical, ie pushing... dipshit pulls her gun and shoots the mom who is telling her son to calm down... as her unarmed son is walking towards the deputy... who the fuck trained this idiot.. she can't even holster her weapon or handcuff the guy,

I highlighted the key word for you.

Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:39 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Scvette wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:

Deputy accidentally Shoots Suspect's Mother.

Oh God. So many issues.

I highlighted the key word for you.

So, I pull my gun because some guy pushes me, then I shoot his mom who's trying to calm him down.

and 'oops, it was an accident' is my get out of jail free card?

Please be more intellectually honest here.

This was a cluster fuck from the get-go, drunk idiot sure didn't help, but this could have and should have been handled wayyyy differently..

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:57 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It's a shame all LEO's don't have your vast field experience confronting hardened criminals at hardware stores and city parks, to fall back on.

Pick any proffession and go looking for foul ups, and even accidental deaths, if you make it your mission to find bad situations, you will find them.

So, when does that "Old enough to know better" shit kick in???
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:16 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Traut wrote:
It's a shame all LEO's don't have your vast field experience confronting hardened criminals at hardware stores and city parks, to fall back on.

Pick any proffession and go looking for foul ups, and even accidental deaths, if you make it your mission to find bad situations, you will find them.

Your personal attacks against me are a pretty shitty defense for their actions, FYI. If you're going to defend the person in this situation, you should probably use a logical argument.

I don't have to go and find anything. These are national news stories.

This situation was handled like shit, had a shit outcome, and 'it was an accident' should never be an excuse for an agent of the gov't using lethal force on an innocent party.

Thomas Paine wrote:

Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:22 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I apologize if you took my observation as a personal attack. It's not the first time we've had a difference of opinions, especially regarding this topic. Nor was I defending the individual in this case.

So, when does that "Old enough to know better" shit kick in???
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:48 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Traut wrote:

:plusone: :Init: :peep:

Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:04 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Deleted...

Remembered I don't care...

Last edited by NWGunner on Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:20 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Shitty cop. I don't usually like Monday Morning Quarterbacking situations like this. But yeah, shitty cop.

Studying for my Liberal Arts degree at Evergreen College.

YouTube taught me, just like everybody else.

Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:21 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

....helping wheelchair bound senior

:hook1:

:bigsmile:

Attachment:
76601277_10157909018972557_5143055412328660992_n.jpg

Quote:
St. George Police Department officers were seen helping the woman clean up her yard.

Good people, good cops, helping in their community....

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thomas Paine wrote:

Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:09 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

....after they fixed his bike for him...

:hook1:

:bigsmile:

Quote:
The 11-year-old was on his way to school in Pennsylvania when he accidentally bent the back rim of his bike.

Unable to keep riding, he decided to approach some local police officers from the Darby Borough Police Department. He asked if they’d be willing to keep his bike at the station until he could pick it up after class.

They did one better, fixing his bike, then sending an unmarked car to his school to deliver the newly fixed and washed bike, so he wouldn't have to walk home.

Good cops, going out of their way to help in the community. :thumbsup2:

Thomas Paine wrote:

Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:18 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NWGunner wrote:
Deleted...

Well, because of you, I've thought a lot about what people have said and my 'anti-cop' posts.....

They're not anti-cop, they're pro-freedom and anti 'not wanting to get shot for no reason'.. But whatever.

I've been told I focus too much on the negative, so from now on, every critical thread I start about LE doing something stupid, I'm gonna post a thread about cops doing something good in their community, above and beyond what's expected.

How's that?

Thomas Paine wrote:

Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:37 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:
NWGunner wrote:
Deleted...

Well, because of you, I've thought a lot about what people have said and my 'anti-cop' posts.....

They're not anti-cop, they're pro-freedom and anti 'not wanting to get shot for no reason'.. But whatever.

I've been told I focus too much on the negative, so from now on, every critical thread I start about LE doing something stupid, I'm gonna post a thread about cops doing something good in their community, above and beyond what's expected.

How's that?
Maybe start a "Good Cop, Bad Cop" thread? Like the good news bad news thread.

Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:51 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

beckdw wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
NWGunner wrote:
Deleted...

How's that?
Maybe start a "Good Cop, Bad Cop" thread? Like the good news bad news thread.

Good idea.

:thumbsup2:

Thomas Paine wrote:

Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:11 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If my f150 identifies as a mountain bike can I avoid all the normal fees, taxes and laws associated with driving on the roads?

Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:24 am
Reply to topic   [ 673 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 45  Next