Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:37 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 23226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1087, 1088, 1089, 1090, 1091, 1092, 1093 ... 1549  Next
 What has MADE your day today? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:
Pablo wrote:
jukk0u wrote:
My kid's restaurant/lounge was just voted "Best Dive Bar" by Seattle Magazine. (It's Seattle; "Dive Bar" is a good thing, I think)

Kid owns

Best dive bar
Linda’s Tavern
Capitol Hill

?

Or works at or hangs out at?

http://www.seattlemag.com/best-restaura ... ts-seattle

That's the second time I heard Linda's. Are you looking at 2018?

He and his mom own it

Funny... the image got cropped. This is the the image his friend sent after seeing the 2019 issue.

I just googled it. Click on the link I pasted it says 2019. I have no skin in the game. A it's Seattle I will never go there B it's a bar in Seattle I will never go there.

Very strange though. I believe you. What the hell is the fake news link?

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:19 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Golden globes apparently didnt have a female nomination....and the Libs are loosing their minds.

Yeah ....pretty important and earth shattering.

I personally dont know anyone that would give a shit.

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:49 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

"Wanda Sykes and Mo’Nique have accused streaming giant Netflix of paying them less than other stars, broadening recent conversations about the gender pay gap in Hollywood to include racial disparity. ​Both women revealed on social media how much they were offered for comedy specials, which was significantly less than what was paid by Netflix to Chris Rock​ and ​​Dave Chappelle."

It's not misogynist or racist, it's because Chris Rock and Dave Chapelle are funny and people will pay to see them!
Wanda Sykes and Mo’Nique are lucky to even be on Comedy Central reruns.

Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:58 am
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

Guntrader wrote:
"Wanda Sykes and Mo’Nique have accused streaming giant Netflix of paying them less than other stars, broadening recent conversations about the gender pay gap in Hollywood to include racial disparity. ​Both women revealed on social media how much they were offered for comedy specials, which was significantly less than what was paid by Netflix to Chris Rock​ and ​​Dave Chappelle."

It's not misogynist or racist, it's because Chris Rock and Dave Chapelle are funny and people will pay to see them!

:yes:

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms/

Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:00 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guntrader wrote:

I dont even know, let alone care, who the fuck these two twats are. Which may help explain why they aren't paid as much as the two funny guys you mention which I do know of because they are funny (or at least they have been in the past).

Spoiler: show
"Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm -- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves." – T.S. Eliot

"The right of self defence is the first law of nature: in most governments it has been the study of rulers to confine this right within the narrowest limits possible. Wherever standing armies are kept up, and the right of the people to keep and bear arms is, under any colour or pretext whatsoever, prohibited, liberty, if not already annihilated, is on the brink of destruction." - St. George Tucker

A careful definition of words would destroy half the agenda of the political left and scrutinizing evidence would destroy the other half. - Thomas Sowell

"To ban guns because criminals use them is to tell the innocent and law-abiding that their rights and liberties depend not on their own conduct, but on the conduct of the guilty and the lawless, and that the law will permit them to have only such rights and liberties as the lawless will allow...

For society does not control crime, ever, by forcing the law-abiding to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of criminals. Society controls crime by forcing the criminals to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of the law-abiding." - Jeff Snyder

Personal weapons are what raised mankind out of the mud, and the rifle is the queen of personal weapons. The possession of a good rifle, as well as the skill to use it well, truly makes a man the monarch of all he surveys. It realizes the ancient dream of the Jovian thunderbolt, and as such it is the embodiment of personal power. For this reason it exercises a curious influence over the minds of most men, and in its best examples it constitutes an object of affection unmatched by any other inanimate object.

Jeff Cooper
1997 The Art of the Rifle Page 1.

SUGGEST CASE BE SUBMITTED ON APPELLANT'S BRIEF. UNABLE TO OBTAIN ANY MONEY FROM CLIENTS TO BE PRESENT & ARGUE BRIEF.

The defense attorney's telegram to the clerk of the Supreme Court, March 29, 1939, in re United States. v. Miller.

You don't need to go to Law School to understand the constitutional implications of that.

“You can’t cut the throat of every cocksucker whose character it would improve.”
cityslicker wrote:
I don't want to be told that I can't remove the tree by some tree-hugging pole smoker from the eat-a-dick foundation/Olympia/King County.

Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:03 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If I gotta be in Seattle I will check it out.

Dare I mention you referred? Will the mom stir my soup with a tainted spoon?

Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:31 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

dan360 wrote:
If I gotta be in Seattle I will check it out.

Dare I mention you referred? Will the mom stir my soup with a tainted spoon?
:ROFLMAO:

(I wouldn't take the chance mentioning my name to his mom. :peep: )

My son runs the show nights.

EDIT: I've never stepped foot in there for reasons of propriety.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:59 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

UPDATE: my son says the issue naming Linda's as the best dive bar is the SEPTEMBER issue of SeattleMag.

His listing is in the DECEMBER issue, apparently not yet available without a subscription.

:thumbsup2:

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:19 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I am like...2 times a year smoker...
My BIL had 10 quarts he put up and gave me this.

I guess I should get off the Keto diet long enough to start making brownies.....

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:57 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice little present right there. Retirement has it's perks :thumbsup2:

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:35 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sportsdad60 wrote:

I guess I should get off the Keto diet long enough to start making brownies.....

Party at Brian’s place!!

Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sportsdad60 wrote:

Is assweed even legal in Montana? CPL and weed?

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sportsdad60 wrote:

You make brownies with sagebrush? :bigsmile:

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:21 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Selador wrote:
sportsdad60 wrote:

You make brownies with sagebrush? :bigsmile:

That's dillweed ya big dummy! :bigsmile: For pickles.

At two times a year, you're gonna need to take some long ass tokes there Sportsdad!

So, when does that "Old enough to know better" shit kick in???
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

LOL at the comments above.
It is a blend of Sativa and the other shit, cant remember the name (short term memory loss anyone)

He said the local SoCal dispensaries wouldn't touch it, they only take stuff with a very high percentage of THC.

It's better than the Mexican weed we bought in the 70s but not "vegetarian brain" strong stuff they have today.

So yeah, I'll save it for MT. Come on out and we will roll one and have a Coors light. ;)

Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 23226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1087, 1088, 1089, 1090, 1091, 1092, 1093 ... 1549  Next