Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:25 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Generac XT8000E 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I bought one knowing nothing about generators. I did some extensive research and asked some questions. From what I found, these engines are made to be generator engines. These are also used by many fire departments. I received it yesterday and just as I got it up and running my power went out. Plugged it in and the entire house was running, furnace, two fridges, water heater, freezer and all lights that were on and it only used two bars of power! There are a few different models with CARB ratings, efi, etc. I went with the basic one because the efi version got the worst run time. It has elecrtic start, comes with a 30 amp cord, and trickle charger for the battery. Very impressed! It’s the season for power outages. And I bought it directly from Generac off eBay. Lowe’s has the 50 state emission one for $300 more! It’s not refurbished either, but brand new.
10,000 starting watts and 8000 running.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:00 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Generac, like most manufacturers have different lines/quality of products. I think their entry level line does a great job of combining value and quality. You have a nice setup, but at the price something has to give and it is noise. The cheaper the gen, the louder it is in general.

I have a similar one and it works great for us as rarely as we use it. If I were running it daily I'd most definitely want something quiter!

Nice find! Good price for an 8k too.

Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:39 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I had a 7500 made by them that worked great

I would recommend adjusting the valves now and again after it has run for a while

Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]