Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:51 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Something tragic happened.....Suicide can affect any of us 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My life is in turmoil right now, girlfriend in the hospital, I’m out of work on injury, going for surgery this Friday myself. I can deal with all that. However my best friend committed suicide this time last week and I’m struggling to cope, understand it, and deal with it. Cry about 10 times a day.

He was an avid gun guy, lived in Montana, ex cop and corrections officer. Been through hell, got bells paulsy, couldn’t not work because of health reason, etc. We talked about leaving this rock but never doing it with a gun to give the libs an excuse. (Not hurting ourselves but joking about Thanos snapping his fingers, etc). But last week he did. I just cant get over it. He was like Robin Williams, life of the party, happy on the outside but depressed on the inside. He took his favorite Sig and did it. Called to say goodbye to people, and called 911 for them to find him.

We all have guns, that’s why we are on here. We all have our own issues. But guys please, I don’t know many of you, but please, please, call 1-800-273-8255, the suicide prevention hot line, call me, 253-579-4595. Please don’t do a drastic decision to end it all. The people left behind are stunned, confused, sad, emotional, etc.

This is the hardest thing I’ve ever dealt with. I know we have a lot of ex military on here and I cant understand everyone’s struggles, but if you need to talk, I’ll listen. Maybe you need that one person to listen, We can come together as a community. Please don’t take this drastic approach to doing something like this.

Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:19 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Wow . . . I'm so sorry man, that's just awful. Hang in there, and thanks for trying to prevent it from happening to someone else's best friend.

That's interesting about the goodbye and 911 calls. He clearly had thought this through.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:34 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
Wow . . . I'm so sorry man, that's just awful. Hang in there, and thanks for trying to prevent it from happening to someone else's best friend.

That's interesting about the goodbye and 911 calls. He clearly had thought this through.

Yeah, he passed the suicide clause on his life insurance. Had a scare a few months back, but thought we overcame it.

Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:38 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sorry to hear. No words can take the sting away. I hope he was at peace when the time came. I won't disparage his decision, it was his to make and we can't go back and change it. Try to think of all the good that came from your relationship instead of how it ended

If YOU need anything please reach out. There's lots of great people here that are willing to help. Anything from grabbing a coffee and chatting to picking up groceries while you recover from surgery

Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:38 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Very sorry for your loss.

Don't worry about the lives using firearm deaths to politicize, they'll do that regardless.
Countries that have banned guns like Belgium, Japan, South Korea, etc, still have higher suicide rates than us. Method has nothing to do with the decision.

If you ever need to talk many of us will listen.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:42 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm very sorry for your loss. I hope and pray anyone dealing with depression to talk to someone.

Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:42 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

RocketScott wrote:
Sorry to hear. No words can take the sting away. I hope he was at peace when the time came. I won't disparage his decision, it was his to make and we can't go back and change it. Try to think of all the good that came from your relationship instead of how it ended

If YOU need anything please reach out. There's lots of great people here that are willing to help. Anything from grabbing a coffee and chatting to picking up groceries while you recover from surgery

Well said, Scott. Agreed on all counts.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:45 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Man, sad to hear this. It's heartbreaking.

Studying for my Liberal Arts degree at Evergreen College.

YouTube taught me, just like everybody else.

Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:48 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I don’t really know what to say. This is a terrible thing. Cry and cry hard. Nothing wrong with that.
I too would be available for anyone who needed someone to talk to.
Hang in there man. And remember the good times you shared.

Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:50 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Be suicide proactive with EVERYONE. This modern world makes others more distant, and electronic devices don't help.

We need more WaGuns events. More marches, range cleanups, gun shows, rallies, etc.

Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:52 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Few things bring me to tears anymore, but this sure clouded my vision real bad. My heart goes out to you and his other friends and survivors. Eventually I hope you take comfort in fond memories of happier times. For all of us this is a harsh reminder to never take anything for granted, and appreciate each day and the blessings we are fortunate to enjoy. Never miss an opportunity to tell someone you love them.

So, when does that "Old enough to know better" shit kick in???
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:00 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I appreciate it guys. I’ll get through it, I just hope no one here is struggling.

Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:14 pm

I know the pain. A couple of months ago one of my best friends I've known for about 20 years, his wife (that was my best female friend for longer than 20) was calling me at 2am saying that the house smells like exhaust and she could hear his truck running. I knew what was going on so I drove over and went in the garage and found him laying in the back of the truck with a note that said I'm fucking sorry, I was hurting too much.

Sorry this happened to you man, the only relief is time. Dont go trying to drink away the pain. It helps cover it up for a few hours but just makes things worse when your not drinking.

It's hard but just try to think hes not suffering from what was eating him up. Depression is a terrible monster....

I'm going to type out 3 paragraphs and wax eloquently about a similar story in my life. Pm me if you figured it out.

Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:43 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mediumrarechicken wrote:
I know the pain. A couple of months ago one of my best friends I've known for about 20 years, his wife (that was my best female friend for longer than 20) was calling me at 2am saying that the house smells like exhaust and she could hear his truck running. I knew what was going on so I drove over and went in the garage and found him laying in the back of the truck with a note that said I'm fucking sorry, I was hurting too much.

Sorry this happened to you man, the only relief is time. Dont go trying to drink away the pain. It helps cover it up for a few hours but just makes things worse when your not drinking.

It's hard but just try to think hes not suffering from what was eating him up. Depression is a terrible monster....

I don’t drink, so that’s not an issue. Its stupid little things that set me off, just out of nowhere.

I’’m in Bonney lake, we should grab a bite man! I know what you’re going through!

Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:59 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My father-in-law took his own life with via 12ga on 4th of July 15yrs ago. My wife obviously was never the same after that and neither was I. That said the best advice anyone ever gave me was this:

"Remember to breath"

As simple as that sounds it seemed to work for me. It was something so simple to focus on.

To this day If everything goes to shit or I'm having a hard time with something it's my go to.

Well, when I looked around all I saw was a pimp with a shiny pair of shoes and a '49 Mercury!

Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next