Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:43 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 COVID 19 - Stimulus Package 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I believe they are going to give tax breaks or deferments to individuals and businesses. I don’t recall which one but I’m not optimistic.

I agree about the country being 20T in debt. That scares me more than anything. We already experience government shutdowns due balancing the budget. Having even higher interest loan payments for the national debt only adds to the problem.

We have no line of sight for paying it down or off. Sooner or latter someone is going to want to collect.

Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:49 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Take money now and pay it back next year in taxes. I see it working.

I don’t agree with it, but right now it’s a need for the economy and people

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:52 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The impact is going to be limited

Having more money when stores are closed isn’t going to help the economy much

Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:59 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I work with a big part of the industry in the PNW. Will it help companies immediately, no.

It will help families get by until things get straight

Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:01 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RocketScott wrote:

But it will help cover essential Bills while people aren't allowed to work. These are bills that won't have to be paid later. In my case paying off credit cards.

Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:04 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Agreed

Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:09 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RocketScott wrote:

I agree, but for a slightly different reason...it's a relatively small amount of money, so how much help is it really going to provide? My monthly expenses for a middle-class family of 4 in Edmonds is $6-7K/month. I'll be getting hit with a giant pay cut starting next week, and my wife's hours have already been reduced. Our monthly income is poised to be about half of what it used to be, and that's assuming we still have jobs in a month and don't see our pay reduced even further. That $3,400 stimulus payment will help us make up for lost wages in April, but that's it. And before anyone misreads what I'm saying, know that I'm not implying that I want more (I don't want any of it, really) or that the government should do nothing. I'm simply illustrating how the dollar amounts proposed are going to have a limited impact because they really don't amount to much for anyone who supports a family. A month after we all get our checks and burn up the funds, we'll be in the exact same situation again. So will that $2T additional debt be worth it? Will we justify another $2T to help people get by another month? Not saying I have the answers...just asking the questions.

Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:22 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Guns4Liberty wrote:
RocketScott wrote:

I agree, but for a slightly different reason...it's a relatively small amount of money, so how much help is it really going to provide? My monthly expenses for a middle-class family of 4 in Edmonds is $6-7K/month. I'll be getting hit with a giant pay cut starting next week, and my wife's hours have already been reduced. Our monthly income is poised to be about half of what it used to be, and that's assuming we still have jobs in a month and don't see our pay reduced even further. That $3,400 stimulus payment will help us make up for lost wages in April, but that's it. And before anyone misreads what I'm saying, know that I'm not implying that I want more (I don't want any of it, really) or that the government should do nothing. I'm simply illustrating how the dollar amounts proposed are going to have a limited impact because they really don't amount to much for anyone who supports a family. A month after we all get our checks and burn up the funds, we'll be in the exact same situation again. So will that $2T additional debt be worth it? Will we justify another $2T to help people get by another month? Not saying I have the answers...just asking the questions.

It's wealth redistribution. It helps the poor who can live on $1,000 a month.

Here's the problem I have with it: if we keep bailing people out why would they ever build an emergency fund? The Government will save me...we can't keep drilling saving into people's heads then punishing those who save. It's enforcing the wrong behaviors. Being stupid should be painful. Living beyond your means is stupid.

Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I’m confused as to why the bailout to individuals is going to cost the government (well, us, really), so much.

It’s not a giveaway. If you get, say, $2400 now, or soon, and file taxes next year, and have $3000 coming back to you, you only receive the difference (in this case, $600). So, much of that ‘giveaway’ is kind of a wash...

If you have nothing coming back, or owe, it has no impact on you...you don’t have to repay, or anything...that’s when the government (taxpayers), take the hit for your $2400...

The potential 3 month reprieve on mortgage payments, with no penalty or credit hit, seems like it might help people more over time (though if you use the $2400 to pay off debt now, and adjust your deductions over the next 9 months, that could benefit you, too.).

Lotta pork barrel crap in there, though.

Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:35 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The problem I have is with the 75k income cutoff. That kind of income can practically get you a mansion in rural Mississippi. That same exact income is barely a living wage in the Bay Area. There’s no cost of living adjustment.

The whole thing is bull.

Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:51 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Did I miss the part where it was explined how to get One's commie money?

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Limitless cash. That's what one Fed director said. They have limitless cash.

Wermer?.,,.. whymer.... Wheremar?..... Weimar! yeah, I think that's it. Anyone have a wheelbarrow I can borrow?

VenezUSAela in 3...2....

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:14 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

We don't qualify but that's fine. Would rather it go to the needy.

Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:31 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If we get any we will be donating it.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:58 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It's a sucky way to do it, but all this is exposing the 'gig economy' for what it is: Another way to exploit workers

Idiots see $30/hour and think it's awesome because they were making ~$20 hour as an employee. They don't understand all the things that were paid for by their employer or taken out of their check to cover things like insurance and workers comp

I learned that lesson early when someone offered me a job for a few bucks more than what I was making. At the end of the year he handed me a 1099 in stead of a W-2. "WTF is this?". Boy did I get an education

There really is no easy comparison between hourly employee rates and independent contractor rates. Especially with things like uber where people use their own vehicles. I've had more than a few people balk at my hourly rate over the years. As a contractor I was lucky if I could keep half of what I charged. The rest went to insurance, licensing, taxes, fees, etc.

I really wish the media would cover how these gig employees got into the spot where they are with no workers comp or insurance. I figured that out over 20 years ago, yet somehow it's suddenly something new

Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next