Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:35 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

Discussion or advice on how to create an Illegal NFA item will result in an immediate ban. No advice given within should replace user due diligence. Always consult a lawyer / professional.

Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 My Form4 Wait Timeline 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

UB40 wrote:
Unresolved / not contacted still on 4/15/20

Well after reading the review of SSG's here and other people's issues with him, i'm not surprised by that.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:11 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It’s really too bad. I’m sure it’s obvious from my signature line but until this problem I’ve been nothing but happy with their service and most of their staff. A few edgy sort of rude exchanges over the last year but for the most part I love all the guys down there especially Robin. I did a lot of transfers through them and was happy to drive 45 minutes each way to use them and see what they had for sale each time I went. I sent a lot of business their way via word-of-mouth. Something is amiss with the owner that I was unaware of until my own issue. Now I’ve read several other similar horror stories. I’m not really sure how they can rectify this but at the very least I think they could contact me about it and tell me that they made the mistake.

Things I’ll take in trade: KAC Micro rear sight, Glock 29 G3/G4 slide, Glock 20/29/19/17/22/23/21 mags, TC Encore parts

Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:52 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The whole thing is odd. SSG either didn't complete the process at the time of Purchase, or they held it for some reason. Do you know the serial number of the Spectre II you were buying?
Compare it to the Paperwork in your File at Silencer Shop online.
I had an issue after using the Kiosk once and Silencer shop e-mailed me immediately. So if it was filed in a timely manner, even if there was an issue you would have known.
Maybe it was something else, but when the shop owner won't return phone calls, it doesn't look good.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:01 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

UB40 wrote:
t I love all the guys down there especially Robin.

Is Robin still there / back? I thought he (and Shadow) left? Robin's a cool guy, as is Cole.

Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:45 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I’ll have to check on serial matching.

That’s too bad about robin and shadow! I didn’t know he had left. Robin was actually the one who really convinced me that SSG was worth my drive down. Did a lot of transfers through him and even picked out this suppressor with him! Shadow was so funny, this time last year my pup was still shy and the guys had no issues with me bringing him in while buying. Oh well.

Talked to Adam on Friday. Took my name and number for Mike. Supposed to be in the shop tomorrow (Monday)

Things I’ll take in trade: KAC Micro rear sight, Glock 29 G3/G4 slide, Glock 20/29/19/17/22/23/21 mags, TC Encore parts

Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:11 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

When I check online at SilencerShop, it says “customer signature complete”. Anyone know what that means?

Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:06 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

NotAMerc wrote:
When I check online at SilencerShop, it says “customer signature complete”. Anyone know what that means?

That should mean that the next step is printing and mailing? How long has it said Signature Complete?

Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:59 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Not really sure. I haven’t exactly been checking it often for obvious reasons.

Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:14 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

NotAMerc wrote:
Not really sure. I haven’t exactly been checking it often for obvious reasons.

errrr.. How long since you submitted? That's signature thing should be there for a week, MAX, until SShop batch prints the forms and checks to mail to the .gov. After that it should read something like "forms mailed" and then "check cashed".

You have your serial # for your NFA item, right?

Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:55 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It showed cash checked a few months back, I do remember that

Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:04 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Called the shop just now. Mike is gone for the day. Mike was there this morning. Adam told me that he brought the issue to mikes attention twice today. Mike has made no effort to contact me. That’s about it.... I’ll not be recommending SSG to anybody ever again based on this incident. How in the hell can you run a FFL/NFA shop and leave customers in the dark?

Mike if you read this to have my number. All you have to do is tell me why my paperwork wasn’t filed
For almost 9 months. That is per SilencerShop.

Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:05 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

SSG owned up to losing the paper work..... real nice way for me to start my NFA collection. But I learned a good lesson. Moving forward I’ll be certain the dealer files the papers in a timely manner. Hopefully my can comes sooner than later.

Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:33 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

UB40 wrote:
SSG owned up to losing the paper work..... real nice way for me to start my NFA collection. But I learned a good lesson. Moving forward I’ll be certain the dealer files the papers in a timely manner. Hopefully my can comes sooner than later.
I mean...if it were up to me, I’d call and give them the sob story. Who knows, maybe the person who takes your call will be sympathetic and try to move you up in line. It’s worth the 8 minutes, if you ask me lol.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:17 pm
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

What I keep learning from these veins of posts is that I need to considering becoming a NFA dealer.

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms/

Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:01 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

dreadi wrote:
What I keep learning from these veins of posts is that I need to considering becoming a NFA dealer.

Silencershop has it nicely locked down with the kiosks to help drive customers to FFL's. The downside is that SShop charges a pretty penny for their kiosk, so your ROR is important. You need a kiosk to make it work, or offer a concierge service where you can take passport photos and make fingerprint cards on the spot.

Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:46 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next