Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:34 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 West coast exodus? Idaho bound apparently.. 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

LC, new resident's coming to a city near you.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:06 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

yep, I just hope I can sell my house before the market drops to nothing

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

See my blog: http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/

Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:10 pm
Profile WWW

My recently retired neighbor at the end of the block just moved there. Idaho I like but Boise is to purple for me. It always starts in the Capital, especially if it has a University run by a Fem Nazi Snowflake.

“Those that can give up essential liberty to gain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
-Benjamin Franklin

Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:14 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Greenecho wrote:
My recently retired neighbor at the end of the block just moved there. Idaho I like but Boise is to purple for me. It always starts in the Capital, especially if it has a University run by a Fem Nazi Snowflake.

Isn't it strange how the concrete attracts the leftist wackos? Must be some psychological abnormality that causes that.....

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:20 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Been telling people in Idaho while you still have a super majority get rid of the income tax, get every gun law change you want and then lock up the state constitution to ban law changes and then change the constitution to require 4/5 vote to edit it.

Lock it up now before Boise fucks you in 5-10-20 years.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Last edited by Alpine on Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:31 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

I just hope the freaks and fairys dont get wind on how good Idaho is and move there...ruining it for the normal folk.

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:40 pm

TINCANBANDIT wrote:
Greenecho wrote:

Isn't it strange how the concrete attracts the leftist wackos? Must be some psychological abnormality that causes that.....

She (I think) already bumped heads with the established locals pushing her “equality/diversity” rubbish. She’ll establish a large flock of gullible Fem Nazi idiots to follow her every wish over time, then attack the locals as a mob with liberal media supporting her. It’s downhill from there.

It’s a nasty plague that eventually establishes itself everywhere. It can only be dealt with from Orbit. There is no other way.

“Those that can give up essential liberty to gain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
-Benjamin Franklin

Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:52 pm

Or it's just the fact you don't need a ton of uhauls in Boise yet need a bunch in larger cities (ie Seattle and SF). Charge more to take it where it might get rented once a month vs a place it'll be rented weekly. I'm sure their pricing is all done by algorithms comparing stock in destination cities vs orgination

Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I worked for Ryder Truck Rental in a past life. The prices are a pretty good indicator of where people are leaving. As your fleet assets leave the area, the rental cost goes up. You also discount rentals where you have excess capacity to get your fleet back into the high demand areas for rental.

Supply and demand determines pricing and fleet management is the name of the game.

I wish technology solved people issues. It seems to just reveal them.

Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WaJim wrote:

I just hope the freaks and fairys dont get wind on how good Idaho is and move there...ruining it for the normal folk.

Too late.

Ever cruise around on youtube looking at homesteading, tiny houses, shed to house, etc?

Idaho and Montana, mostly. With a good smattering in the ozarks. And from all parts of the US.

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:55 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

From what little I've seen the natives in Idaho are less likely/willing to rollover than the natives in other now-blue states. Folks also have the benefit of hindsight and seeing what the locusts have done to CA, OR, WA, etc. With the low state populations, of under 2 million, there is a risk here. A big defense to that is important pro-gun folks. So I welcome anyone pro-gun moving here, honestly. If you're anti-gun, you aren't welcome.

I've met a lot of pro-gun folks here and I really really like it...

There's always a risk but Idaho has been doing terrific things.
* 2014 - passed a law banning new federal gun control and not supporting it with local resources
* 2018/2019/2020 - passed a host of pro-gun laws including castle doctrine and every adult (resident and non-resident) enjoys the right of Constitutional carry.
* 2019 - entire state is declared pro-gun sanctuary.
* Ranks second only to Arizona in 2A friendly states in the annual gun-rag polling.

Other measures I'm not remembering at the moment.

As for taxes, I did a thorough review and comparison on taxes. Idaho is overall on par with Washington, maybe a bit less. Graduated income tax capped at 7%, very cheap vehicle and gas taxes, 6% sales tax. So it depends on what your needs are. Overall I feel less taxed here than WA, even with the income tax. WA raped me on my home sale, which was not cool...

The reality is that a state has to collect taxes in one form or another.

The city of Boise is left of center and elected Democrat leaders. I think one finds that cancer in most major metro areas. However, there may be a demographic change with colleges either closing or going out of business or doing more remote learning so urban living isn't a requirement. For instance, Concordia University in Boise just went under... Universities attract liberals. Remove the former and you remove the latter to a degree... Time will tell.

Unlike many major metro areas, Boise has had minimal leftist nonsense or protests. We shall see what the future holds. But I like my odds a lot better in this state than probably all or most of the former 8 states in which I've lived... And I'd far rather be in Idaho than Washington during these next decades...

Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:22 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've been trying to make the break from here and have been scouring the free listings from Red Fin and Zillow etc for a while now.

THe price histories for most of the properties in ID have jumped usually DOUBLE in the past three months from their years long averages.

Thing is, a lot of liberals work in high tech industries and can work from home; i.e. they can work from remote places (it the interwebz connection is there and congress has been working double time to get rural communities connected) and can work from homes that get snowed in. So ID's conservative voting base may be getting swamped, soon, with these liberals fleeing the consequences of their own voting habits.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:30 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:
I've been trying to make the break from here and have been scouring the free listings from Red Fin and Zillow etc for a while now.

THe price histories for most of the properties in ID have jumped usually DOUBLE in the past three months from their years long averages.

Thing is, a lot of liberals work in high tech industries and can work from home; i.e. they can work from remote places (it the interwebz connection is there and congress has been working double time to get rural communities connected) and can work from homes that get snowed in. So ID's conservative voting base may be getting swamped, soon, with these liberals fleeing the consequences of their own voting habits.

Ive been property shopping over there for 5 years. It has more than doubled with much of that increase in just the last two years.

Im seeing lots that have been listed for YEARS for 59,000 now being listed for 169,000 etc. No change of hands, no improvements, just a new price for the coasties.

Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Western Arizona is still cheap....when I told a coworker (who lives in Phoenix) that I was thinking of moving near Kingman, he told me "you don't want to move there, that is where all the red neck gun owners live"....and that sealed the deal for me.

Bullhead City and Kingman have their own gun shows.....

Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:11 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm in OK why?
$1.59 gas
Making $55K + Retirement pay
3BR/3BR/3 acre+ barn $175K
No stupid gun rules
Can shoot in my back yard.
BTW I do still have a house in OLY.
I love the west coast physically, just not politically.

Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:42 am
Reply to topic   [ 53 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next