Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:01 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 1085 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 73  Next
 What did you DIY today? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Arisaka wrote:
NWRed wrote:
Pablo wrote:
Doesn't seem like a hole lot but sick of digging and prying out and having an enlarged post hole when replacing wooden fences. One cheap Harvard Fright farm jack and shorty tow strap. DIY without wrenching my back. Bam.

:thumbsup2: Smarter not harder

Smarter, not older.

The next one was a real bastard. Concrete been two giant boulders (bad mental image). I was breaking rock in the sun with an 18# sledge sister.

Done. New posts in, truck loaded with all the scraps of the tear out.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:03 pm

Currently in the middle of this. Gray is the only way.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:42 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

SaintDW21 wrote:
Currently in the middle of this. Gray is the only way.

Thats looks like a great improvement :thumbsup2:

Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:21 pm

Still a mess, but I'm glad we saved thousands of dollars painting rather than replacing. Doors on and hopefully finishing up most of the rest of the house this week.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:35 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

That looks really classy!

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:35 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

That looks great! Love the colors.

Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:47 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

With some (ok, a lot of) help from the famous Juk, I now have a sweet workbench and reloading setup.

Also, a shout out to Eagle Chaplain for bus generosity in providing the workbench!

And then I cranked out a few rounds of 357.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:47 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

cruffler wrote:
Speaking of dremels, I swapped out the bad motor (left) in my Hazard Frought rock tumbler with a new one (right), which I found on Amazon for $20. Turns out they are just an electric fan motor.
I had to make a few tweaks to the new motor to get it to fit and the devil's tool came in real handy.
Runs great now.

Well, it ran great for a few hours (not even overnight) before the new motor got hot and seized up.
I ordered a Thumler's Tumbler that has a much larger motor than the C-frame motor on the Hazard Frought.
The Thumler's has been working great for a few weeks, so I decided to modify the HF tumbler with a similar motor.
I found a site https://www.surplussales.com//Motors/Motors-5.html that had a Fasco U63 motor for $23 plus shipping ($31.50 ).
I reversed the drive shaft and made a bracket to mount the new motor on the old HF tumbler. Seems to work OK.

Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Bought a new Cub Cadet riding mower 3.5 years ago. Never did anything with it other than fuel and about a once a year hose down.
Well, got on amazon and ordered a tube up kit and new blades earlier this week. Thing runs like a raped ape and cut like Edward Scissorhands.
Bitch to do the blades by myself, without the blade locking tool and not following directions by dropping deck. Flat backed it all. 8 beer job.

Nemo Omen
JM Marlin 39M
Tikka T3 Tactical(.308)
BAR(.308)

Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:00 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Jagerbomber35 wrote:
Bought a new Cub Cadet riding mower 3.5 years ago. Never did anything with it other than fuel and about a once a year hose down.
Well, got on amazon and ordered a tube up kit and new blades earlier this week. Thing runs like a raped ape and cut like Edward Scissorhands.
Bitch to do the blades by myself, without the blade locking tool and not following directions by dropping deck. Flat backed it all. 8 beer job.

My John Deere has 3 blades. I always drop the deck. 1 beer job. Apparently you just like drinking beer.

Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:42 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yes, that is relatively true. Scraped it all clean and hosed it down too. Thing is spotless. Definitely can use the tool and will drop the deck next time.

Nemo Omen
JM Marlin 39M
Tikka T3 Tactical(.308)
BAR(.308)

Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:45 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

cruffler wrote:
cruffler wrote:
Speaking of dremels, I swapped out the bad motor (left) in my Hazard Frought rock tumbler with a new one (right), which I found on Amazon for $20. Turns out they are just an electric fan motor.
I had to make a few tweaks to the new motor to get it to fit and the devil's tool came in real handy.
Runs great now.

Well, it ran great for a few hours (not even overnight) before the new motor got hot and seized up.
I ordered a Thumler's Tumbler that has a much larger motor than the C-frame motor on the Hazard Frought.
The Thumler's has been working great for a few weeks, so I decided to modify the HF tumbler with a similar motor.
I found a site https://www.surplussales.com//Motors/Motors-5.html that had a Fasco U63 motor for $23 plus shipping ($31.50 ).
I reversed the drive shaft and made a bracket to mount the new motor on the old HF tumbler. Seems to work OK.

Double shaft motor and mount a fan blade to the other shaft = cool running motor.

Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:49 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The Thumler's motor has an internal fan, but strangely the new one doesn't. Both are thermally protected, so I hope that means that they will shut down before they burn out.
I had a spare computer fan that I ziptied to the bracket holding the new motor, and it seems to cool the motor down some.
Another small problem was the new motor is 1550 RPM vs the HF 3000 RPM, so the drum was turning slowly. I made a new drive pulley out of a small pipe thread tape spool that I had laying around. Fit perfectly on the 1/4 in. motor shaft and doubled the drum RPM.

Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:28 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Finally got my van working again. A while ago it started shifting inconsistently, ABS light was on, speedo stoped working

Turned out to be the capacitors I had soldered into the PSOM (speedo/odo module). The black disc part wasn’t completely connected

Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:34 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RocketScott wrote:
Finally got my van working again. A while ago it started shifting inconsistently, ABS light was on, speedo stoped working

Turned out to be the capacitors I had soldered into the PSOM (speedo/odo module). The black disc part wasn’t completely connected

Everybody else just buys a new module. Rocket Scott don’t play that shit, he just buys new capacitors.

Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1085 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 73  Next