Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:51 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 New vaccine... 

Would you take the new COVID vaccine?
Yes 20%  20%  [ 20 ]
No 51%  51%  [ 52 ]
Maybe 9%  9%  [ 9 ]
Don’t know 6%  6%  [ 6 ]
Not the first generation vaccine 14%  14%  [ 14 ]
Total votes : 101

New vaccine... 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

derrickito wrote:
A man decides to give away his fortune for the benefit of humanity and you all want to turn him into some boogeyman out to kill your kids. Christ what a stretch of reality.

Does mean you'll be first in line to get his vaccine?

Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

What the hell is an immune system for.....everyone seems to have forgotten....remember the old saying "If you don't use it you will lose it)

Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:04 pm

Last edited by derrickito on Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:44 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

derrickito wrote:
codfather wrote:
What the hell is an immune system for.....everyone seems to have forgotten....remember the old saying "If you don't use it you will lose it)

In the 40s and 50s polio was killing or paralyzing half a million people annually but yeah vaccines are dumb? That's a pretty small perspective to hold on to https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_polio

I don't get why scores of people here want to shit all over effective medicines that have saved millions of lives. It's a very backwards and uneducated outlook. I get that y'all might have failed out of high school science classes but it's probably worth trusting people that have dedicated their lives to studying disease and disease prevention instead of yoloing your way through life and rolling in dirt as a prevention technique. But you do you.

C'mon now d-kito don't - generalize. I get most all vaccines and I think they generally work. I traveled in some nasty parts of the world and definitely got the suggested shots. I do believe in proactive health care, the free market system and private health care. I don't like gov health care, because quality will suck. But that is a different discussion.

I'll get this vaccine but by default I won't be first.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:52 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Latest I heard, first responders and the military are first up. So figure 2 million in the armed forces and probably that many again is the ranks of first responders and medical personnel. Then people even older than Pablo come next. There will be lots of people getting the shot before the general population will get one. No need to make up your mind now. Plenty more data will be coming

Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:04 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

derrickito wrote:
codfather wrote:

In the 40s and 50s polio was killing or paralyzing half a million people annually but yeah vaccines are dumb? That's a pretty small perspective to hold on to https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_polio

I don't get why scores of people here want to shit all over effective medicines that have saved millions of lives. It's a very backwards and uneducated outlook. I get that y'all might have failed out of high school science classes but it's probably worth trusting people that have dedicated their lives to studying disease and disease prevention instead of yoloing your way through life and rolling in dirt as a prevention technique. But you do you.

The high school I went to only nerds took science class....the reals boys took weld shop auto shop wood shop or 2 P.E classes

Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:55 pm

Last edited by derrickito on Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:48 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

People who like guns typically like mechanical things. They know about ballistics. They know precise measurement techniques from reloading. They understand the effects of gravity and wind on an object in flight. All science-y stuff.

Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:09 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EiSNF7GXcAA ... name=small

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EiSMvqjWkAA ... name=small

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EiSMmK5XYAE ... name=small

Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

People invoke the term 'science' in a totally retarded way.

It's the same as saying if you're 'cool' or not. I'm cool. You're not cool. Fucking retarded.

Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

stevemcgee wrote:
People invoke the term 'science' in a totally retarded way.

It's the same as saying if you're 'cool' or not. I'm cool. You're not cool. Fucking retarded.

I've seen that lately. Jay Boi and his "follow the science" when he wants people to follow his politics. And calling Trump anti-science when he stands up to Democrat spew.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:42 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It's pretty much the 'tag, you're it' BS all day long on the news. It's total bullshit and everyone's playing it.

Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:47 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

derrickito wrote:
For at least the last 3 or 4 decades that I know about science hasn't been an elective, it's a requirement. For good reason.. That may explain some boomer perspectives though if that was the case for high schools in days past

You need help with your know it all arrogant supercilious attitude that you are trying to pawn off on people you know nothing about.

All of the gas lighting, typecasting, name calling and agenda pushing you have been trying to pawn off here on this site so far just doesn't cut it with well educated critical thinking skills adults.

You need to retire to Facebook, or, better still, Tinder. Or, maybe Snapchat would be a better fit for a Mister Know It All twerp.

Starting almost every single post you have made with a thinly veiled judgemental insult followed by your lofty pronouncements of THE TRUTH - is, quite frankly, hilarious.

It's just, like, your opinion, man.

Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Give a man a fishing pole, and he will drink too much beer, get tangled in fish line, hook himself in the nose casting, fall overboard, and either drown, or, go home hungry and wet. Give a man a case of dynamite, and he will feed the whole town for a year!

BE ON NOTICE:
PRIVACY NOTICE: Warning - any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/or the comments made about my photos or any other "picture" art posted on my profile.

You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee, agent, student or any personnel under your direction or control.

The contents of this profile are PRIVATE and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law. UCC 1-103 1-308 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:25 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RENCORP wrote:
derrickito wrote:
For at least the last 3 or 4 decades that I know about science hasn't been an elective, it's a requirement. For good reason.. That may explain some boomer perspectives though if that was the case for high schools in days past

You need help with your know it all arrogant supercilious attitude that you are trying to pawn off on people you know nothing about.

All of the gas lighting, typecasting, name calling and agenda pushing you have been trying to pawn off here on this site so far just doesn't cut it with well educated critical thinking skills adults.

You need to retire to Facebook, or, better still, Tinder. Or, maybe Snapchat would be a better fit for a Mister Know It All twerp.

Starting almost every single post you have made with a thinly veiled judgemental insult followed by your lofty pronouncements of THE TRUTH - is, quite frankly, hilarious.

It's just, like, your opinion, man.

:yes:

I was trying to think of a way to say this without getting in trouble.

This works.

Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:32 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

derrickito wrote:

Dial it back a bit, and you will fit right in here. Lots of very well educated people here, guys with advanced degrees in very technical fields. And lots of guys with tons of life experiences and valuable lessons from the school of hard knocks. There are guys here who can fix and build anything, from cars to computers to houses. And there is always somebody who has an answer to whatever question you might have. Best part is, we are all willing to help each other out. It’s a good community you have found, with a lot of diverse thoughts and ideas. Welcome

Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next