Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:37 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 350 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 24  Next
 I’m So Old I Remember When...... 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

golddigger14s wrote:
5.25 inch floppy disks.

Means you still be young youngster.
Instead you should have said 8 inch floppies, and thinking 64KB was a massive amount of memory and cost about 20K in today's dollars.

To those who mentioned FORTRAN did you mean FOTRAN 77 or FORTRAN 4? There was a big difference!
I'm so old I actually know since I programmed professionally in both.

Spoiler: show
Spoiler: The difference amongst other things was FORTRAN 77 provided the If-Then-else logic as an allowed programming structure. With 4 you had if then only. Which meant I had lots of GOTO's.

Proverbs 27:12 -- “A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.”
Need Long term Food or Survival Supplies, I have extras, Grab the Supplies_Available.pdf. Prices Quoted are close to my actual cost:
https://backupcomputing.workplace.datto.com/filelink/6af06-883bf7e-31d469c0e1-2
Link corrected 1/30/2021.

The prudent Wagunner trains and prepares to defend themselves and their families, friends, and neighbors. They also are prepared to feed, shelter, and provide aid as well.
Danger is coming and may already be here, how prepared are you? Click the link above for lots of good info to get started.

Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:46 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TV dinners

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:52 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:
TV dinners

Wait they don't make those anymore???

I'm so old I have hair growing out of my ear cartilage.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:56 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Gas rationing during the oil embargo!

Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:22 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Watching the Vietnam war on TV over dinner. Body counts... pass the gravy.

MLK and Bobby Kennedy's assassinations. Riots in Baltimore (and a bunch of other cities)

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

FJB

Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:26 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm so old, I remember when sex was clean, and the air was dirty

Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:27 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

hkcavalier wrote:
vic_b wrote:
How about those movie albums? Like huge cd’s

Uh...LaserDisc?

Yup. That’s it!

Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:31 pm

I worked at a Chevron station reg gas was 27cent a gallon

Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:29 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

jukk0u wrote:
TV dinners

Damn that rubber corn and Salisbury steak were good when you were starving....but really just dog food.

the gravy was always too hot when the center of the mashed taters was still almost frozen.

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:32 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WaJim wrote:
jukk0u wrote:
TV dinners

Damn that rubber corn and Salisbury steak were good when you were starving....but really just dog food.

the gravy was always too hot when the center of the mashed taters was still almost frozen.

Yeah they are still that way. Although the taste has improved.

Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:44 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

anyshorty wrote:
I worked at a Chevron station reg gas was 27cent a gallon

Cigarettes and a couple of gallons of gas for under a buck. A guy could collect returnable bottles on the way to town and fund the Friday night's cruisin'.

FJB

Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:48 am

Silva Thin cigaretts I thought the guy had the coolest sun glasses I told my parents I wanted those sun glasses to be just like him.

Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:18 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

anyshorty wrote:
Silva Thin cigaretts I thought the guy had the coolest sun glasses I told my parents I wanted those sun glasses to be just like him.

Welcome to the forum, fellow Des Moineser :thumbsup2:

:cheers2:

Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:23 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

NWGunner wrote:
anyshorty wrote:

Welcome to the forum, fellow Des Moineser :thumbsup2:

:cheers2:

How about candy cigarettes....they kinda tasted odd.

The pink buble gum cigars were awesome...could feel your teeth rot.

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:13 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

vic_b wrote:
How about those movie albums? Like huge cd’s

I still have most of mine from the 60’s & 70’s... :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Ooppsssss, thought you meant LP albums... Note to self, need mo coffee before posting... :popcorn:

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:44 am
Reply to topic   [ 350 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 24  Next