Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:20 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 350 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 24  Next
 I’m So Old I Remember When...... 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WaJim wrote:
NWGunner wrote:
anyshorty wrote:
Silva Thin cigaretts I thought the guy had the coolest sun glasses I told my parents I wanted those sun glasses to be just like him.

Welcome to the forum, fellow Des Moineser :thumbsup2:

:cheers2:

How about candy cigarettes....they kinda tasted odd.

The pink buble gum cigars were awesome...could feel your teeth rot.

Yeah those candy cigarettes weren’t very good. They did have a red painted tip though, to emulate a lit cigarette, and that was cool

Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:56 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Heck I tell my kids about buying Bazooka Joe bubble gum---complete with a comic!---with the two pennies I found on the ground outside and their minds are blown. Nothing in their world costs less than $0.50 and $20 is a decent amount to hit the toy section with. I remember my maternal grandparents (both born around 1920) expressing shock they had spent $30 on a Transformer for me for Christmas (Defensor, #7 below). Some years later they spent $200 on a Discman, but I think by then they understood the "new" cost of things.

And back when Electronic Arts wasn't a soulless micro-transaction focused shit company. I stacked several cords of firewood to pay for this game...which wasn't really a game at all, it was work and when you were done building a game you had something really cool, but ultimately a bit deflating since you knew how to solve all the puzzles and missions you'd built. Such is the life of a game developer...

Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:01 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Metal Erector Sets and Creepy Crawlers

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:52 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hah!
Lincoln logs.

Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:11 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Every stick in our yard was a rifle and every tree was a fort to be defended!

Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:13 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I remember when it was ok to give junior his very own axes to play with!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:26 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WaJim wrote:

Metal Erector Sets

Like this! :wink05:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:38 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Old Growth wrote:
WaJim wrote:

Metal Erector Sets

Wow!

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:30 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I remember when going trick or treating on Halloween was a huge event in the surrounding neighborhoods. It's pretty sucky it's dwindled into nothing. I loved going and taking part in scaring people at my friend's highly decorated home.

Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:40 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Caveman Jim wrote:
vic_b wrote:
How about those movie albums? Like huge cd’s

I still have most of mine from the 60’s & 70’s... :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Ooppsssss, thought you meant LP albums... Note to self, need mo coffee before posting... :popcorn:

I’ve never done that lol

Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

AM and PM mail deliveries on Monday's

Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:32 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

hillyard wrote:
AM and PM mail deliveries on Monday's

I’ve never heard of that

Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:25 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Jimi, Janis and Iron Butterfly on AM radio.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Old Growth wrote:
WaJim wrote:

Metal Erector Sets

And Lincoln Logs!

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

FJB

Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:21 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WaJim wrote:

Metal Erector Sets and Creepy Crawlers

There was a later developement in the Creepy Crawler repertoire: Incredible Edibles (which were anything but incredible or edible)

FJB

Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 350 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 24  Next