Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:51 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Tacoma Schools 

Hi All:

So the Tacoma Public Schools decided they cannot open on Monday because the teachers need to be fitted and learn how to use N95 masks. When I heard this the first thing that came to mind is just how damn dumb are the teachers in Tacoma if they can't figure this out. For the last 45+ years I have worked with highly hazardous chemicals and taught hundreds of employees in everything from SCBA's to simple N95 type masks and I have never ran into anybody who could not learn how to use a simple mask like a N95 in 15 minutes or much less. This is just another excuse to keep the schools from opening.

James

Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:55 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Exactly right.
Just another excuse.

Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Tacoma Public Schools will not return to in-person instruction next week

Although Tacoma Public Schools said last week it was possible its youngest students could return to in-person instruction next Monday, the district told families in a Thursday email that that's no longer the case.

The school district decided to delay the return to in-person instruction after receiving guidance from the state about types personal protective masks for schools and discovering its masks don't pass the safety standards, according to the email.

"For Tacoma Public Schools, this clarified guidance from (the state Department of Labor and Industries) means school-based staff members must wear a higher level of personal protective masks than previously planned and communicated," the email said.

The district will now require a "significant number" of staff members -- including nurses, health clerks, special education teachers, paraeducators and custodians -- to be trained and fitted with N95 masks, the email said.

School officials said they are expecting more information about school operations from the Department of Labor and Industries next week, and are planning to delay in-person instruction until they "receive and understand any new information and can ensure the safety of our staff and students."

—Elise Takahama

Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I thought N95 was being saved for healthcare workers.

After all these months, they only sought guidance on reopening from L & I days before reopening?

They are supposedly educated educators, with a Union, and have been wearing masks over 6 months, but need training?

Okay.

#DelayMiseryTilElectionDay

Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:18 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Another reason to bust the Teachers Union.

Somehow my kid's private school is able to teach the teachers how to wear a mask.

Even tho I pay for private school I never complain about my taxes going to public school. I am seriously starting to rethink my position on public school funding.

NWGunner wrote:
I thought N95 was being saved for healthcare workers.

After all these months, they only sought guidance on reopening from L & I days before reopening?

They are supposedly educated educators, with a Union, and have been wearing masks over 6 months, but need training?

Okay.

#DelayMiseryTilElectionDay

They are idiots.

Studying for my Liberal Arts degree at Evergreen College.

YouTube taught me, just like everybody else.

Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:19 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

And for comparison, the State of Florida completely dropped all restrictions and is fully open as of Friday, Sep 25. HS sports have been playing. Restaurants went from 50% capacity to full capacity. NFL had a few thousand fans in the stands.

The ignorance is fierce around here, let by Emperor Jay.

Or maybe it's not ignorance, but rather tyranny.

Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

bigzdawg wrote:
And for comparison, the State of Florida completely dropped all restrictions and is fully open as of Friday, Sep 25. HS sports have been playing. Restaurants went from 50% capacity to full capacity. NFL had a few thousand fans in the stands.

Tyranny by the ignorant.

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:45 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

bigzdawg wrote:

That’s pretty sad when Florida politicians are smarter than Washington politicians. Not surprised though.

Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:42 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

vic_b wrote:
bigzdawg wrote:

That’s pretty sad when Florida politicians are smarter than Washington politicians. Not surprised though.

Slime molds are smarter than Washington (both of them) politicians and more appealing. Not a very high bar to measure up to.

So, when does that "Old enough to know better" shit kick in???
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:09 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

As a 20 yr veteran family of homeschooling, I don't even want to get started about the inefficiency and waste that goes on in public schools. The per pupil spending is horrendously high, especially given the (lack of) outcome. Imagine if they gave a good portion of the per pupil spending to homeschool families, how many more could afford to have a parent stay home and educate their own kids. Not everyone is necessarily cut out for it, trust me, I get that. But it would open up all manner of new options and make private schools an option for more people as well.
There is absolutely a deep and complex social agenda that the education system is built on and they will only keep wanting more (and earlier) access and control of your kids.
I bet there are lots of people in the top tiers of education policy making that are going nuts right now at the thought of the pandemic pushing more families towards homeschooling, and in some ways it's funny to see their own conflicting agendas clashing in such fabulous failure!

Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:55 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I heard them say on the radio today that you need a prescription to get N95 mask!

Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]