Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Texas campaign ad put together by Dan Crenshaw:

The Right to Buy Weapons Is the Right to Be Free

Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:34 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Genius!

I've been thinking that the majority of the problem in this country is that everyone on every side... thinks their life should be like on TV.

And that the best way to reach them may be with ad campaigns of this type.

Pure genius!

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sadly, TX and AZ are lost.

Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:06 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

That was fun. :bigsmile:

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:47 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Cool ad but fuck Tejas. Fuck their low ass wages throughout all industries, fuck their super pro-business friendly laws where they're the only state in the union where you are NOT entitled to workers' compensation if you happen to get injured on the job, and the majority of gun owners out there are fudds.

Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:57 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Eddie Dean wrote:
Cool ad but fuck Tejas. Fuck their low ass wages throughout all industries, fuck their super pro-business friendly laws where they're the only state in the union where you are NOT entitled to workers' compensation if you happen to get injured on the job, and the majority of gun owners out there are fudds.

I get your frustration and ............

Austin is Seattle, Portland and Frisco

But Texas isnt Cali, Wa or Oregon.

well, that is

not Yet.

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:16 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WaJim wrote:
Eddie Dean wrote:

I get your frustration and ............

Austin is Seattle, Portland and Frisco

But Texas isnt Cali, Wa or Oregon.

well, that is

not Yet.

It was a blue state not THAT long ago. It'll turn blue again and hopefully CA will go red once again. I think it's the natural order of things. Rick Perry's Tejas Miracle was convincing Texans bottomed out wages are a great thing. $80k a year sounds great until you find yourself working more than 80hrs a week.

Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:18 am

Isn't Crenshaw the same dude who fathered and pushed hard for red flag laws? Thought we were gun forum here? How soon we forget...

Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:08 am

Not sure what it means Texas is "lost" exactly. I live in upscale suburbs of DFW. Planned community built around a golf course with a super over-bearing HOA. If there was a neighborhood to find Karen's and spoiled SJWs it is probably here. Despite that it is all Trump yard signs here and everywhere in town. Definitely Trump country. Two neighbors with Biden signs that I have seen and they keep complaining on the HOA forum about how their signs keep getting stolen at night. Pretty funny but not okay. So based on what I have seen Texas is likely to swing hard red this election but it's a big state and I've only seen a small portion of it. Riots / anarchy plus aggressive covid lockdown does NOT play well to the masses out here in my limited experience.

WRT wages I work for an out-of-state company remotely so I can offer only one anecdotal point. Neighbor lady teaches middle school for the local district and has been teaching for 20 years. She told me she makes $53k or maybe $58k per year. A low-end house in my neighborhood (still a great neighborhood with great police and great schools) can be had for $300k. Also, most things I have purchased in Texas is cheaper than western washington, but not by a landslide. So I'm not sure if that means you come out ahead or behind - anyone can do the math themselves.

Regarding workplace safety for trades people I do not know much except again one anecdote. I saw roofers working on the house down the street the other day, shingling a roof that was significantly steeper than 45degrees (maybe 60 eyeballing?) and they had no harness or anything ... they had just nailed a 2x4 across the slope of the roof and were working with their tip-toes on the 2x4, that was all that was keeping them up. And this is a legit construction site from a major home builder so I assume they are all licensed, bonded, subject to inspection etc. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it. So while I don't know anything about anything I find it entirely believable that maybe tradespeople are subject to significantly lower safety standards and injury compensation than western washington.

Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:34 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Titanium5 wrote:
Isn't Crenshaw the same dude who fathered and pushed hard for red flag laws? Thought we were gun forum here? How soon we forget...

https://foac-pac.org/Rep-Dan-Crenshaw-E ... -Item/9984

Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:45 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Titanium5 wrote:

This exactly!!! Unless he apologizes and unfucks his beliefs, he can fuck off.

Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:50 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

pharzon12 wrote:
Not sure what it means Texas is "lost" exactly. I live in upscale suburbs of DFW. Planned community built around a golf course with a super over-bearing HOA. If there was a neighborhood to find Karen's and spoiled SJWs it is probably here. Despite that it is all Trump yard signs here and everywhere in town. Definitely Trump country. Two neighbors with Biden signs that I have seen and they keep complaining on the HOA forum about how their signs keep getting stolen at night. Pretty funny but not okay. So based on what I have seen Texas is likely to swing hard red this election but it's a big state and I've only seen a small portion of it. Riots / anarchy plus aggressive covid lockdown does NOT play well to the masses out here in my limited experience.

WRT wages I work for an out-of-state company remotely so I can offer only one anecdotal point. Neighbor lady teaches middle school for the local district and has been teaching for 20 years. She told me she makes $53k or maybe $58k per year. A low-end house in my neighborhood (still a great neighborhood with great police and great schools) can be had for $300k. Also, most things I have purchased in Texas is cheaper than western washington, but not by a landslide. So I'm not sure if that means you come out ahead or behind - anyone can do the math themselves.

Regarding workplace safety for trades people I do not know much except again one anecdote. I saw roofers working on the house down the street the other day, shingling a roof that was significantly steeper than 45degrees (maybe 60 eyeballing?) and they had no harness or anything ... they had just nailed a 2x4 across the slope of the roof and were working with their tip-toes on the 2x4, that was all that was keeping them up. And this is a legit construction site from a major home builder so I assume they are all licensed, bonded, subject to inspection etc. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it. So while I don't know anything about anything I find it entirely believable that maybe tradespeople are subject to significantly lower safety standards and injury compensation than western washington.

Tejas and California aren't much different from one another. One state is all about the social welfare while the other loves to dole out corporate welfare and pass laws that fuck over the workforce. Tejas is a great state to be a business owner in. You will get away with all kinds of shit that wouldn't fly in other states. Hell, both states love their illegal immigrant workforce, for different reasons. However, conservative business owners in both states love the illegals because they're a primo source for cheap labor and super easy to exploit. Both states are filled with people who think they're special just because they're from either state.

$53 to $58k a year for a teacher of 20 years is extremely low and I know company truck drivers in that state who make more than her. I came across plenty of ER nurses at various hospitals who were struggling to make ends meet on $17 an hour. Cost of living in Tejas is on the rise while wages remain stagnant. If politicians in that state figured out a way to bypass the federal minimum wage laws and go with their own bottomed out wages and convinced the moronic voting bloc out there that it's great for business, they would vote "yes" on it in a heartbeat. Just because a state is great for business doesn't make it great for the workforce. Bell Helicopter Company hires a fuck-ton of H1-B visa holders and pays them no more than $40,000 a year for crucial roles within the company. Similar roles at other defense contractors/manufacturers would pay American citizens almost triple that. One of my neighbors was a French national who landed an engineering job at Bell Helicopter Co and thought he was raking in the dough until he found out the truth. The dude had worked at Dassault Aviation for 15 years as an engineer. Maybe there's a good reason the V-22 Osprey was problematic early on. Probably because Bell relies too much on cheap ass foreign labor.

I think the only place in Tejas that pays worth a damn is Pantex. Look them up if you want. They hire primarily people from STEM backgrounds. A security guard who does nothing more than drive around the whole perimeter makes something close to $90,000 on their first year.

Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:33 am

The local buccees (giant gas station / convenience store) has signs up saying cashiers start at $13/hr, food service at $15/hr, car wash attendant $17/hr. And it says they get 401k and health care. So a nurse making $17/hr sounds like nurses get a really bad deal here.

For what I do (which pays significantly more than a teacher or nurse aparently) my company has lots of other people doing same job here so they adjusted my pay to match, it was a 9% reduction versus ww and I come out significantly ahead. To go back to the teacher example I think compared to a teacher in Bellevue or kirkland $58k would be significantly more than a 9% pay decrease.

Net is: different careers are probably in demand at different levels here versus elsewhere.

Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:36 am

FWIW i googled "hospitals near me" and picked the first one, then i went to their careers website and googled "er nurse", then I picked the first one. They pay a range from $26/hr to $50/hr depending on experience.

https://jobs.texashealth.org/ShowJob/Jo ... time4pm4am

Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:55 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

pharzon12 wrote:
FWIW i googled "hospitals near me" and picked the first one, then i went to their careers website and googled "er nurse", then I picked the first one. They pay a range from $26/hr to $50/hr depending on experience.

https://jobs.texashealth.org/ShowJob/Jo ... time4pm4am

Also depends on location. Texas is still numero uno in low wages. The only thing it would serve wonderfully as is a state to retire to.

Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:02 am
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]