Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:10 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 28609 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1542, 1543, 1544, 1545, 1546, 1547, 1548 ... 1908  Next
 What has pissed you off today? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Had to go to the Home Depot in South Tacoma today because the 'North Tacoma' HD was out of 3/4" MDF (it's also technically South Tacoma but they still call it the North Tacoma HD)

I hate going down there. It's just ghetto. Sketchy people hanging around the parking lot looking for tools to steal. The Mexicans at least stand by the entrance and try to work for a living. Some get more aggressive by walking up on you while loading but they're polite, and go away with a 'no thank you'

After I got my MDF sheets loaded up and strapped down I turned around and there was a maroon SUV with a middle eastern guy driving right behind me. He waved me over and barely got an 'Excuse, but, sorry to bother you' out, English appeared to not be his native language. OK, need directions? fine. What up?

He proceeds to take a fat ring off his finger and hold it up, like offering it to me. I wear two rings, wedding on my left and a ring my uncle made for me on my right, so I point to those and put my hands up as if to say "yea, I got rings too, don't need yours". He just smiled, nodding his head, with an extended arm holding the ring out. When I say fat I mean to say it was a huge ring, a massive chuck of gold, if it was real. He also had a huge gold watch and big gold chain around his neck

Usually when a con man shows you something shiny it's to take your attention off something else. I immediately backed up and looked around. My truck was still locked so I wasn't worried about that. I told the guy 'no thank you' and backed up till I could get in my truck. He drove off and I backed out

While that was happening a newer Dodge charger pulled up in front of my truck so I couldn't pull through. Once I backed up it pulled forward into my spot, then once I was clear it pulled out and drove the other way. Not sure if that was related

I had to circle the lot to get back to the entrance (again, ghetto HD: people that don't know how to park, people walking down the center of the parking lot aisle so nobody can get past, carts everywhere). On my way out the maroon SUV drove right in front of me to go back down the same aisle I was in, looking for someone else to offer the ring to I guess. It had Louisiana plates on it

Not sure how that scam goes but glad not to find out

Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Glad you avoided whateve4 the scam was...maybe let HD know, unless they’re in on it...

That HD is the worst for showing stuff ‘in stock’, but having there be none in stock...

Meaning, I don’t think they run a tight ship....

Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:31 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NWGunner wrote:
Glad you avoided whateve4 the scam was...maybe let HD know, unless they’re in on it...

That HD is the worst for showing stuff ‘in stock’, but having there be none in stock...

The con is, it's all fake gold/diamonds/whatever.

Last time I went there, someone ran out the door with some power tools. I was about to give chase, but the rest of the employees didn't even budge. They didn't care, at all. Not one bit. One dude got on the phone and was like 'yeah, 2 milwuakee saws', and hung up....

Holy shit.

This was the same store that didn't know what a breaker bar was, and swore they never carried them, despite their inventory saying they had a dozen of them. I was on hold for so long I was able to drive to the store, and show the manager I was STILL on hold, and sure enough, they didn't have them.

They DID have one for store use, that they outright gave me, for free, for the inconvenience, so, I won't complain too much. :bigsmile:

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:18 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Give chase? How? I guess being a parking lot monitor for severak years now has benefited you how? Wrong is wrong, I get it, but endangering other for insured product seems silly at best.

Nemo Omen
JM Marlin 39M
Tikka T3 Tactical(.308)
BAR(.308)

Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:22 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yeah, I know that con...

He also mentioned being blocked in, so if that scam didn’t work, supply or tool theft was possibly the next attempt.

That’s why I said ‘whatever the scam was’

I actually read all of what he wrote.

Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:

Yea, so he hands me a fake gold ring. Then what?

Wants to sell it to me for a supposedly really good deal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NWGunner wrote:

You guys just don’t know what it’s like to be as hot as I am on a daily basis

I seriously think the guy was trying to abduct and force me into a life of prostitution

Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Jagerbomber35 wrote:
Give chase? How? I guess being a parking lot monitor for severak years now has benefited you how? Wrong is wrong, I get it, but endangering other for insured product seems silly at best.

What the hell do you think I mean when I said 'give chase'?

Shoot them in the back from 300 yards with my pistol, of course.

:gibbs:

Kinda hard to run with two huge boxes that probably weighed more than he did. He had to negotiate a steep hill going down to Tacoma Mall blvd. I could have caught up to him, and at the very least, got the shit back.

The fact that they didn't give a shit, meant I wasn't gonna put any effort into it. They won't fight for themselves, I'll be damned if I fight their battles for them.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:28 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RocketScott wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:

Yea, so he hands me a fake gold ring. Then what?

Wants to sell it to me for a supposedly really good deal?

Yup. Like selling you a '$800 necklace for only $100' type of shit, when it's 5$ off of wish type of shit. They wear it because it looks like it's in use, and people assume they've had it for awhile. If it was in a bag or case it'd raise red flags.

Thomas Paine wrote:

Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:31 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RocketScott wrote:

I’m okay with not knowing...

Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:34 pm
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

RocketScott wrote:
NWGunner wrote:

I seriously think the guy was trying to abduct and force me into a life of prostitution

Let me be your manager.

BLACK HAMMER ARMS
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms
GLOCK Certified Armourer

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms/

Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:24 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

dreadi wrote:
RocketScott wrote:
NWGunner wrote:

Let me be your manager.

BLACK HAMMER ARMS
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms
GLOCK Certified Armourer

Hot as he may be, pimpin' ain't easy.

So, when does that "Old enough to know better" shit kick in???
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:29 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Seattle already has a pimp:
The City of Seattle gave a $150,000 contract to Andre Taylor, a former pimp, to offer expertise on de-escalation and alternatives to policing. Taylor has no formal training (or expertise) on de-escalation.

Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:49 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

golddigger14s wrote:
The City of Seattle gave a $150,000 contract to Andre Taylor, a former pimp, to offer expertise on de-escalation and alternatives to policing. Taylor has no formal training (or expertise) on de-escalation.

Pimp de-escalation = backhand across bitches face.

Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:57 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

AR15L wrote:
golddigger14s wrote:

Pimp de-escalation = backhand across bitches face.

For some of the folks out in the streets who clearly have never had real violence directed towards them, that might actually be a solid strategy.

zombie66 wrote:
Mikey is a Bossy Bottom.....

Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:14 am
Reply to topic   [ 28609 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1542, 1543, 1544, 1545, 1546, 1547, 1548 ... 1908  Next