Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 6:45 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 NO on 90! 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Comprehensive Sex Education should not start in Kindergarten nor should it include "how to" for certain acts between individuals when under anyone's science will said act never create a human baby. I am not against teaching basic contraception to teens, but telling them avoiding intercourse is not possible, well that just goes a bit far. No state mandate forced on local schools! Vote NO on Referendum Measure #90.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:20 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Should be up to the parents' discretion for minors, IMO.

...but I realize that interferes with the indoctrination.

I wish technology solved people issues. It seems to just reveal them.

Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:39 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Gman wrote:
Should be up to the parents' discretion for minors, IMO.

...but I realize that interferes with the indoctrination.

Exactly. Pretty much like everything from the DEMOCRAT party.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:42 am

i voted yes. i believe the school system can develop and teach age appropriate material to educate youth on sex and sexual health topics. i don't see this as an inappropriate or difficult task. we teach kids in schools about civics, science, health, and an array of other topics. sex ed should be in there. an educated population will hopefully make educated decisions.

the full ballot and information including arguments for and against is here: https://ballotpedia.org/Washington_Refe ... sure_(2020)

Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:43 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

derrickito wrote:
i voted yes. i believe the school system can develop and teach age appropriate material to educate youth on sex and sexual health topics. i don't see this as an inappropriate or difficult task. we teach kids in schools about civics, science, health, and an array of other topics. sex ed should be in there. an educated population will hopefully make educated decisions.

the full ballot and information including arguments for and against is here: https://ballotpedia.org/Washington_Refe ... sure_(2020)

What is actually in the curriculum? what are the handouts or course materials being provided to teachers and kids? I don't see any information on what is actually being taught other than a general overview?

Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:52 am

i haven't seen the materials, but it does say that all materials will be available for parents review and parents can opt out if they like

Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:53 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just have the kids watch CNN.

Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:08 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It's a way to push leftist ideas like being transginger....

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:16 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

We had sex ed in the 6th grade....teaching sex ed before that should be up to the parents and not the schools. That's like the schools giving the students credit if they register to vote. I thought people had a choice to register and not be penalized if they choose not to. Schools are taking thing's way to far.

Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:27 pm

the early grades will be getting age appropriate info like improper touching and consent presented in a way appropriate for young children. they aren't talking about taking the same info giving to older children and giving it to kindergartners.

from the above linked page:
Quote:
"Some people hear the words ‘sex education’ and mistake the focus of the curriculum, which is health and safety, and is age-appropriate for each grade level. This is about making sure younger children know what kind of touching is inappropriate, whether by peers or predators. It’s about helping older students recognize and resist abusive or coercive behavior. It’s about teaching all children to respect diversity and not to bully others. Students need a safe place to ask questions, to fully understand consent, and to have the information they need to make safe decisions.

Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:38 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If the government owns the children, YES.

If upbringing is a parental responsibility, NO.

We don't have similar measures for math, English, or science. Wonder why?

Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:52 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Teaching kids they can decide their own gender before puberty is sick and abusive. It's also anti-science.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:05 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

AR15L wrote:
Just have the kids watch CNN.

Or xhamster

Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:08 pm

derrickito wrote:

Yet the schools teach nothing that really matters like how to budget, to invest, or how to save for retirement, but you can sure learn what the stupid state bird is and all about paralelograms for a week.

It's not the states matter when it comes to teaching about sex and or if a guy railing another guy in the ass is ok. I'm a parent and will educate my kids as I see fit.

But then again you are who you are so I didnt expect much

I'm going to type out 3 paragraphs and wax eloquently about a similar story in my life. Pm me if you figured it out.

Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:21 pm

derrickito wrote:
the early grades will be getting age appropriate info like improper touching and consent presented in a way appropriate for young children. they aren't talking about taking the same info giving to older children and giving it to kindergartners.

from the above linked page:
Quote:
"Some people hear the words ‘sex education’ and mistake the focus of the curriculum, which is health and safety, and is age-appropriate for each grade level. This is about making sure younger children know what kind of touching is inappropriate, whether by peers or predators. It’s about helping older students recognize and resist abusive or coercive behavior. It’s about teaching all children to respect diversity and not to bully others. Students need a safe place to ask questions, to fully understand consent, and to have the information they need to make safe decisions.

That's stupid. I've told my kids when they were very very young the places they shoudnt touch or ever be touched and to tell if someone tried to touch them.

It's not rocket surgery.....every kid should have that drilled into their heads.....the other shit....that can come when a parent decides it's ok

I'm going to type out 3 paragraphs and wax eloquently about a similar story in my life. Pm me if you figured it out.

Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next