Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:07 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 NASDAQ wants to require companies to have diversity quotas 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

...in their corporate boards.

Aren't there some states where this is literally illegal, like WA?
https://www.wsj.com/articles/nasdaq-pro ... 1606829244

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:14 pm

Alpine wrote:
...in their corporate boards.

Aren't there some states where this is literally illegal, like WA?
https://www.wsj.com/articles/nasdaq-pro ... 1606829244

I'm not a subscriber so I can't read the article. Are you able to post it?

Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm not a subscriber, but I can still see the whole thing. Then again I also use adblock and tampermonkey to stop adblock blockers.

The relevant bit:
Quote:
Nasdaq Seeks Board-Diversity Rule That Most Listed Firms Don’t Meet
Exchange operator seeks to require companies to have at least one female board member, plus one from an underrepresented minority group.

Nasdaq Inc. will push the thousands of companies listed on its stock exchange to include women, racial minorities and LGBT individuals on their boards, one of the most forceful moves yet to bring greater diversity to U.S. corporations.

The exchange operator filed a proposal with the Securities and Exchange Commission on Tuesday that would require listed companies to have at least one woman on their boards, in addition to a director who is a racial minority or one who self-identifies as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender or queer. Companies that don’t meet the standard would be required to justify their decision in order to remain listed on Nasdaq.

Banks, asset managers and lawmakers in California have taken various steps to diversify the predominantly white and male boardrooms of American companies. Nasdaq’s move could have greater impact because of its ability to set rules for the nearly 3,000 corporations listed on its exchange.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:29 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

“I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.” ~From the “I have a dream” speech.

Rev Dr. M L King

But wtf did he know,

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:46 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just wait. This will make rich people of color richer. Won't help the average person.

Studying for my Liberal Arts degree at Evergreen College.

YouTube taught me, just like everybody else.

Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:07 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A better rule would be to require that all firms CEO NOT be a board member or that no other members of the company be board members unless under a certain size.
Additionally no board member may serve on more than 2 other boards.
And no board member shall serve more than say 8 years on the board and may not be admitted back onto the board for at least 4 years.
How about board members be limited to no more than 0.001% of gross profit as their salary and NO stock options.
Or how about the board finance be required to maintain a no more than 60 to 1 pay ration for top executive to the lowest worker (Or whatever number you want I say more like 40 would be better.) I don't mind the executives getting paid more but the salaries these board members and the executives make are ridiculous.

Proverbs 27:12 -- “A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.”
Need Long term Food or Survival Supplies, I have extras, Grab the Supplies_Available.pdf. Prices Quoted are close to my actual cost:
https://backupcomputing.workplace.datto.com/filelink/6af06-883bf7e-31d469c0e1-2
Link corrected 1/30/2021.

The prudent Wagunner trains and prepares to defend themselves and their families, friends, and neighbors. They also are prepared to feed, shelter, and provide aid as well.
Danger is coming and may already be here, how prepared are you? Click the link above for lots of good info to get started.

Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:01 pm
Profile WWW

Why the hell do they think they have a decision on these companies BoD?

I'm going to type out 3 paragraphs and wax eloquently about a similar story in my life. Pm me if you figured it out.

Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:39 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I worked for an outfit that hired a superintendent to fulfill a diversity quota. Her antics and decisions ran quite few people off, good people too. Luckily she didn’t last long and left facing a $100,000.00 fine and possible jail time.

Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:43 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

vic_b wrote:
I worked for an outfit that hired a superintendent to fulfill a diversity quota. Her antics and decisions ran quite few people off, good people too. Luckily she didn’t last long and left facing a $100,000.00 fine and possible jail time.

Hunter was considered a POC when he landed the position @ Burisma.....

He fulfilled the Ukrainian Caucasian Diversity Quota

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:32 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mediumrarechicken wrote:
Why the hell do they think they have a decision on these companies BoD?

This.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:31 am

Board meeting: "OK. We need to fulfill the NASDAQ quota today. Who's the one to take it hard for the company and to come out? Just raise your hand and we'll put you down as a gay. Or bisexual. Hopefully video proof is not required..."

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.”

Ronald Reagan Oct. 27, 1964

Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:50 am

What if a company says everyone identifies under the alphabet soup that is sexual identity????

I'm going to type out 3 paragraphs and wax eloquently about a similar story in my life. Pm me if you figured it out.

Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:11 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If those companies decide to go with what NASDAQ wants. They'll go woke and go broke.

Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:46 am
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]