Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:32 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Female firearms instructor needed 

A followup to this.

I misunderstood the scope of what my wife wanted from instruction. She wanted me (and me specifically) to show her how to use my guns just in case. This is a tremendous advance from how she was when we first met and I discovered her feelings on firearms. She was completely against the idea of private ownership. After a year or so, this led to a breakup of about a week. When we got back together, we talked about guns and she promised to come over to my side. I took a very big risk by continuing and then marrying her. She seems to understand that a lot of what she previously knew was mostly lies.

Anyhow, the range near the house has a weekly "date night", so we did that. Today she suggested going to the range for the list of things to do on a day off. I'm looking forward to her asking me about classes.

Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:32 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

That is awesome! :thumbsup2:

You'd better plan on getting her a gift certificate to the local gun store for an upcoming holiday. Pretty soon she won't be content with "your" guns. :bigsmile:

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:37 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

:thumbsup2: :thumbsup2:
Get a lever-action 22lr in her hands and she will go shooting with you anytime. Load it up for her the first three times and then she'll be in her own little world the rest of the day. This has worked for me several times. There are some dandy pits out near you for shooting steel if you can break her into that too.

Divided we fall.

Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Agreed^^
Stay with .22lr rifle or pistol. She will tell you when she is ready to move up in caliber.

NRA Range Safety Officer
NSSF Member
SAF Defender's Club - Life member
US Navy - 1976-1982

Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:49 pm

She seems most fond of my Ruger 10/22, which she referred to as a "shotgun" a few times before I explained why it's not a shotgun. She was able to shoot a 1911 decently. She was able to shoot five rounds from a .38spl snubnose, but didn't like the recoil. At that point I decided she probably wouldn't like the Glock 27 because the recoil is sharper than that of the revolver. She agreed with that assessment.

At this point she might be agreeable to the overhauling of the 10/22 that I've been wanting to do for a while. This involves sending off the receiver to be stripped, drilled for cleanout and rear button-bed, and cerakoted. Then new threaded barrel without sights, new op rod and bolt handle, and more magazines. Add to that an M16-style rear peep sight and picatinny rail. Maybe strip the stock and refinish more matte or rubbed oil.

Mon May 03, 2021 9:56 pm

Firearms safety knows no gender. The only difference for a woman compared to man is conceal locations and caliber size.

Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:14 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Fizmo wrote:
She seems most fond of my Ruger 10/22, which she referred to as a "shotgun" a few times before I explained why it's not a shotgun. She was able to shoot a 1911 decently. She was able to shoot five rounds from a .38spl snubnose, but didn't like the recoil. At that point I decided she probably wouldn't like the Glock 27 because the recoil is sharper than that of the revolver. She agreed with that assessment.

At this point she might be agreeable to the overhauling of the 10/22 that I've been wanting to do for a while. This involves sending off the receiver to be stripped, drilled for cleanout and rear button-bed, and cerakoted. Then new threaded barrel without sights, new op rod and bolt handle, and more magazines. Add to that an M16-style rear peep sight and picatinny rail. Maybe strip the stock and refinish more matte or rubbed oil.

Just build a second one.

Lil crow gun works lug works better than rear bedding. Don't for get to properly float the barrel.

Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2