Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:16 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 1951 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 131  Next
 What has mildly entertained/annoyed you today? 
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

I have a Mini Browning vest pocket pistol that shoots the .25

The case base has just a teeny bit of brass from the SPP to the rim.

Its freakin Hilarious.

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:45 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Annoyed: New ejector for M1917 doesn't work for shit.

Entertained: Figured out my funky mount on M1917 has both visage and elevation adjustments - custom mount undocumented. Scope comes Friday.

Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:28 pm

The olympics are going on?????
NSG

I actually feel kinda bad about that....

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....
Do I go with the majority or common sense?

Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:46 pm

Australian TV could not keep a straight face:

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.”

Ronald Reagan Oct. 27, 1964

Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:58 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Saw the most awesome thing tonight.... Was driving home on River Road towards Puyallup. Red light at the Green Bridge, I finally noticed that a WSP was in front of me. The only thing that gave it away was the plate and antenna. No problem I tells myself, just be on my best behavior, and give him some space. Light turns green, we all get moving and spacing each other..... I guess I left too much room, cause a young chick in a rice burner quickly cuts in front of me and starts tailgating the WSP..... Oh, this is going to be interesting....

The traffic get spaced out a little more, and this chick quickly moves over and speeded up to the next car and tailgates that one. Like 5 or 6 feet away. I tell myself..... Please oh please, don't be off-duty.............

The traffic in the left hand lane advances far enough for this chick to cut off the WSP, and heads up to catch up the next car. (Now back in the Right hand lane in front of the WSP. She speeds up to tailgate and swerved over again to the left hand lane.

That was it, the WSP turned on his lights, and they both turn right at the Subway Intersection. By the time I passed them the trooper was looking down at the chick, and with his body language, it seemed he was asking "Where's the fire?"

Tailgating, cutting others off, weaving in traffic, speeding.... Should result in a pretty hefty ticket, I would imagine..............

From a blog: Political Correctness - the belief that one can pick up a turd by the clean end.

Benjamin Franklin: It is the (civic) responsibility of every citizen to question authority.

Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:40 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I find the "factors affecting your credit score" both mildly entertaining and annoying at the same time:

"Your proportion of balance to loan amount is too high" (my actual balance to limit ratio on all types of debt is only 12.5%, which is mainly my auto loan)

"You have too many accounts with balances" (Again, I have one auto loan and one student loan, and no credit card balances or mortgage)

What it really ought to say is "you're being penalized for relying less on credit and instead paying more in cash". But that would be too honest.

Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:02 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guns4Liberty wrote:
I find the "factors affecting your credit score" both mildly entertaining and annoying at the same time:

"Your proportion of balance to loan amount is too high" (my actual balance to limit ratio on all types of debt is only 12.5%, which is mainly my auto loan)

"You have too many accounts with balances" (Again, I have one auto loan and one student loan, and no credit card balances or mortgage)

What it really ought to say is "you're being penalized for relying less on credit and instead paying more in cash". But that would be too honest.

Racket.

a : a fraudulent scheme, enterprise, or activity
b : a usually illegitimate enterprise made workable by bribery or intimidation
c : an easy and lucrative means of livelihood

I am hoping I never HAVE to borrow money again. The whole thing is a scheme. I get it, some people have shitty credit and lots of people are pure scum.

I am now a pure serial card abuser. New flooring, concrete work, shed, etc.......credit card baby, pay it off, no charge, rack the points. Thanks for letting me use your money and paying me.

But yeah those lists of generic stuff impacting credit score are all kinds of funny

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:19 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guns4Liberty wrote:

Imagine my surprise, when, being the responsible person that always saved money and bought things with cash, was told they couldn't buy a house because they didn't have any credit cards. Seemed entirely counterintuitive. I didn't have a credit card until I was damn near 30..

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:44 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yup, rack up free points on credit card and pay off balance every month except one every 6 months let a few dollars balance trigger an interest charge.

810 credit score.

Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:57 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-drops-visa-fraud-cases-against-5-chinese-researchers-11627074870

Quote:
WASHINGTON—The Justice Department dropped cases against five visiting researchers accused of hiding their affiliations with China’s military, in a major setback to a landmark effort to root out alleged Chinese intelligence-gathering in the U.S.

In brief court filings late Thursday and Friday, prosecutors said they would no longer pursue visa fraud and other charges against the scientists, including biomedical and cancer researchers in California and a doctoral candidate studying artificial intelligence in Indiana.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:08 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Betrayal runs deep.

As deep as the cash pockets...

Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:10 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Narcan'd a neighbor tonight. Scared the shit out of his wife. So that was fun.

zombie66 wrote:
Mikey is a Bossy Bottom.....

Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:58 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pvanderzee wrote:

Did he need it?!? icon_eek

J/k...great job, glad you were there :bow:

Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:00 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NWGunner wrote:
Pvanderzee wrote:

Did he need it?!? icon_eek

Absolutely not. That's why she was so scared, and it was so fun.

j/k. Yeah, he needed it. Crew and I were probably 2min away from a CPR call. I think he'll be fine now. Hopefully the natives don't go pull his pots while he's away.

zombie66 wrote:
Mikey is a Bossy Bottom.....

Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pvanderzee wrote:

Jeezus.... icon_eek Good job on saving him.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1951 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 131  Next