Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:14 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

Nothing contained in this section shall be construed as legal advice. All members and guests are advised to perform due diligence in regards to laws and legal actions.

Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Washington State FAQ's on Gun Carry 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Brehmeyer wrote:
I know this may seem silly to ask but I was wondering. When someone decides to open carry are you allowed to have it loaded while you open carry or are you only allowed to have the mag in the gun and are only allowed to have it loaded if you have your cpl as well?

And yes, you are allowed to have it loaded while open carrying....since nobody answered that question directly.

Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks guys it really helps cause I wasn't getting straight answers from other people I know I figured I would ask on here. I had a few people say you can and a lot say you cannot unless you have a cpl

Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:09 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Brehmeyer wrote:
Thanks guys it really helps cause I wasn't getting straight answers from other people I know I figured I would ask on here. I had a few people say you can and a lot say you cannot unless you have a cpl

Just remember if you are OC loaded and don't have a CPL, your gun can NOT be loaded in a vehicle (car, bus etc.)

Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

ANZAC wrote:
Brehmeyer wrote:

Just remember if you are OC loaded and don't have a CPL, your gun can NOT be loaded in a vehicle (car, bus etc.)

UNLESS you are participating in one of the activities listed in RCW 9.41.060, esp section 8

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=9.41.060

Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:12 pm

here's a question for you, I am an unarmed security guard (as defined by my license) in the state of WA, does that preclude me from using my cpl to carry concealed while at work?

Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:35 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yes. It's somewhere in the regulations. Can't find it now, saw it when considering starting a PI firm.

"...steam, artillery and revolvers give to civilized man an irresistible power." -Perry Collins

Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:05 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

kf7mjf wrote:
Yes. It's somewhere in the regulations. Can't find it now, saw it when considering starting a PI firm.

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=18.170.170

"(6) Carrying a firearm in the performance of his or her duties if not the holder of a valid armed private security guard license, or carrying a firearm not meeting the provisions of this chapter while in the performance of his or her duties;"

Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:26 am

A good addendum to this: Guidelines/FAQs on where shooting on public land is legal.

Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:39 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

v0latyle wrote:
A good addendum to this: Guidelines/FAQs on where shooting on public land is legal.

Welcome to WaGuns, Shadyn. :wavey:

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:48 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

ANZAC wrote:
kf7mjf wrote:

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=18.170.170

"(6) Carrying a firearm in the performance of his or her duties if not the holder of a valid armed private security guard license, or carrying a firearm not meeting the provisions of this chapter while in the performance of his or her duties;"

Old question, but it wasn’t here back when I was doing research years ago trying to find the same answer. I’m gonna add to it in case anyone else comes along looking
for it.

“Unprofessional Conduct” will cost you your security license. OC while in uniform, without an “armed guard” endorsement may very well get you arrested for impersonating a Police Officer. As ridiculous as it may be.....after all, there is no distinction in uniform between an armed, or unarmed security guard.

Armed security guards operate under the same laws, and with the same authority as any other armed citizen. I.E.; the right of self defense, or defense of others upon deadly threat. They have no special privileges or legal protection as sworn officers of the law. The purpose of the “armed guard” qualifications are primarily to drill that into your head. A gun doesn’t represent authority, but rather responsibility and capability.

All that being said....
Carrying concealed is carrying concealed. My life is worth far more to me than my job ever was. Losing a $12 per hr job meant pretty much nothing stacked up against the ability to defend myself with deadly force, if confronted with deadly force. Just be aware that if you ever had to use that weapon, you might well face even more scrutiny than someone without a uniform...and you are gonna have to find a new line of work when all is said and done.

Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:44 am

This part,

(4) The license application shall bear the full name, residential address, telephone number at the option of the applicant, email address at the option of the applicant, date and place of birth, race, gender, description, a complete set of fingerprints, and signature of the licensee, and the licensee's driver's license number or state identification card number if used for identification in applying for the license. A signed application for a concealed pistol license shall constitute a waiver of confidentiality and written request that the health care authority, mental health institutions, and other health care facilities release information relevant to the applicant's eligibility for a concealed pistol license to an inquiring court or law enforcement agency.

Question. Is that a one time check or do they keep looking every 6 months trying to find a disqualifier that's criteria has not been defined like with I-1639?

Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:38 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Holy Necrothread, Batman icon_eek

Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:18 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

WA Gun Smuggler wrote:
This part,

(4) The license application shall bear the full name, residential address, telephone number at the option of the applicant, email address at the option of the applicant, date and place of birth, race, gender, description, a complete set of fingerprints, and signature of the licensee, and the licensee's driver's license number or state identification card number if used for identification in applying for the license. A signed application for a concealed pistol license shall constitute a waiver of confidentiality and written request that the health care authority, mental health institutions, and other health care facilities release information relevant to the applicant's eligibility for a concealed pistol license to an inquiring court or law enforcement agency.

Question. Is that a one time check or do they keep looking every 6 months trying to find a disqualifier that's criteria has not been defined like with I-1639?

As far as I’ve seen it’s only researched at the original application and MAYBE upon renewal

Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:24 pm

~
Here's a good resource http://handgunlaw.us/

Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:23 am

I'm looking for some clarification on RCW 9.41.050(2)(a). I have my WA state CPL and understand that I can conceal carry (on my person) a loaded pistol in my vehicle.

- Can I legally transport a loaded pistol concealed under the seat, in the glove box, or in a backpack in the vehicle?

OR

- Do I have to immediately remove the loaded pistol from the glove box and put it back on my person before driving?

(2)(a)(ii) is the part that is confusing me. I have to be in the vehicle at all times that the loaded pistol is there. This seems to imply that the pistol could be stored in the vehicle and not directly on my person while driving. However, (2)(a)(i) specifically states that the loaded pistol must be on the my person.

RCW 9.41.050 Carrying firearms.
(2)(a) A person shall not carry or place a loaded pistol in any vehicle unless the person has a license to carry a concealed pistol and: (i) The pistol is on the licensee's person, (ii) the licensee is within the vehicle at all times that the pistol is there, or (iii) the licensee is away from the vehicle and the pistol is locked within the vehicle and concealed from view from outside the vehicle.

Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:52 am
Reply to topic   [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next