Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:26 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Curio & Relic (C&R) License: What it is and how to get one! 

Someone help me out please. Filling out the C&R application right now. Is the Chief Law Enforcement Officer the chief of Seattle PD if I live in Seattle?

Thanks.

Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:09 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

hellagrant wrote:
Someone help me out please. Filling out the C&R application right now. Is the Chief Law Enforcement Officer the chief of Seattle PD if I live in Seattle?

Thanks.

Yes.

Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:15 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

hellagrant wrote:
Filling out the C&R application right now.

:party:

Welcome to the brotherhood.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:42 pm

tannardog wrote:
hellagrant wrote:

Thanks.

Yes.

Thanks!

MadPick wrote:
hellagrant wrote:
Filling out the C&R application right now.

Welcome to the brotherhood.

It has begun, the downward spiral.

Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:41 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

CC debited this week by the Feds. Odd seeing the debit "FIREARMS AND EXPLOSIVES" on my statement!

I have a question about the C&R license. Most of my collection is currently stored (for convenience, logistics and security reasons) in a locked security cabinet at a relatives house.

Is there any federal requirement that C&R arms purchased while I have the FFL03 be located at my home? Or is it perfectly fine to have them stored elsewhere? (I-594 aside)

I understand that it is unlikely FFL01s will want to ship to an address different from that the one on my license. It is not clear to me if federal law REQUIRES shipment only to the address on my FFL03 (home address). It would be more convenient to have arms delivered to the other location for adult signature. If this is legal I may be able to re-direct or have individuals ship to that address.

If any experienced collectors can help clarify, I'd appreciate it-

S

Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:53 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

My understanding is that sellers can ONLY ship to the name and address on the FFL . . . in this case, your home address.

I don't know about storage requirements, sorry. I'm not aware of any, but it's never been an issue for me so I've never looked into it.

Member, NAGR/NFGR

Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:55 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

I edited the OP to add the red text related to Initiative 594. Sorry I can't provide a more definitive answer at this point.

Member, NAGR/NFGR

Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:49 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Woohoo! It came! It came! (That was easy) 22 days since it went in the mailbox, not bad. Guess I better set up my Bound Book.

Now, what to buy first? Hmm. Oh, I know... a K31! And it's all your fault, MadPick. Curses!!

OK, one last question. I understand I should not sign the original, but make copies and sign them. What is the little 'wallet' sized card for? It says "not valid for sale or disposition of firearms". So why even cut it out?

Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:23 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

gscott wrote:
Woohoo! It came! It came! (That was easy) 22 days since it went in the mailbox, not bad.

And damn . . . that's fast!

gscott wrote:
OK, one last question. I understand I should not sign the original, but make copies and sign them. What is the little 'wallet' sized card for? It says "not valid for sale or disposition of firearms". So why even cut it out?

I don't remember a wallet-sized card . . . either I didn't get one, or I ignored it. Either way, I'm not having a problem. :bigsmile:

gscott wrote:
Now, what to buy first? Hmm. Oh, I know... a K31! And it's all your fault, MadPick. Curses!!

Oh hell yeah....

I'd suggest this little C&R starter kit:
https://www.wideners.com/itemdetail.cfm ... 0|701|1029

Maybe "starter kit" is a bad name for it, I'm not sure. I'll let you know for certain when mine gets here, which should be soon. :flag:

Member, NAGR/NFGR

Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
My understanding is that sellers can ONLY ship to the name and address on the FFL . . . in this case, your home address.

I don't know about storage requirements, sorry. I'm not aware of any, but it's never been an issue for me so I've never looked into it.

The only requirement is making any guns bought with your C&R available for inspection by the ATF, along with your "book".
If you have an SO you might want to make them aware of that in case you're out when the ATF drops by.

Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:31 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

My understanding is that the ATF makes an appointment if they want to inspect a C&R licensee, and you may even have the option of going to the ATF office if you wish.

Member, NAGR/NFGR

Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:03 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
My understanding is that the ATF makes an appointment if they want to inspect a C&R licensee, and you may even have the option of going to the ATF office if you wish.

Looks like a bit of both...

Quote:
(C) The Attorney General may in- spect the inventory and records of a licensed collector without such rea- sonable cause or warrant—
(i) for ensuring compliance with the record keeping requirements of this chapter not more than once during any twelve-month period; or

(ii) when such inspection or ex- amination may be required for de- termining the disposition of one or more particular firearms in the course of a bona fide criminal in- vestigation.

(D) At the election of a licensed collector, the annual inspection of re- cords and inventory permitted under this paragraph shall be performed at the office of the Attorney General de- signed for such inspections which is located in closest proximity to the premises where the inventory and records of such licensed collector are maintained.
The inspection and ex- amination authorized by this para- graph shall not be construed as authorizing the Attorney General to seize any records or other docu- ments other than those records or documents constituting material evi- dence of a violation of law. If the At- torney General seizes such records or documents, copies shall be pro- vided the licensee within a reason- able time. The Attorney General may make available to any Federal, State, or local law enforcement agency any information which he may obtain by reason of this chapter with respect to the identification of persons prohib- ited from purchasing or receiving firearms or ammunition who have purchased or received firearms or ammunition, together with a descrip- tion of such firearms or ammunition,
and he may provide information to the extent such information may be contained in the records required to be maintained by this chapter, when so requested by any Federal, State, or local law enforcement agency.

(2) Each licensed collector shall maintain in a bound volume the nature of which the Attorney General may by regulations prescribe, records of the re- ceipt, sale, or other disposition of fire- arms. Such records shall include the name and address of any person to whom the collector sells or otherwise disposes of a firearm. Such collector shall not be required to submit to the Attorney General reports and informa- tion with respect to such records and the contents thereof, except as ex- pressly required by this section.

http://www.atf.gov/files/publications/d ... 5300-4.pdf

Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:10 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Quote:
I don't remember a wallet-sized card . . . either I didn't get one, or I ignored it.

It's on the bottom half of the license.

Quote:
I'd suggest this little C&R starter kit

Ha! If that's a starter kit I wanna see the end result! I think we need a new thread for that discussion.

Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:30 pm

Are dealers still shipping directly to C&R holders since the 5th? Or are C&R holders still safe from the latest disgrace of this state?

Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:55 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

I haven't seen that any have stopped . . . but I haven't tried to buy anything either.

Member, NAGR/NFGR

Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next